It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am

Candycane how are you?

Right now I weigh what you're after at 68 but being 10cm shorter it aint gonna cut it for me hahah! I'd prefer to be your height any day!

I absolutely agree once the remainder 8kgs for me (and the rest of you) has shifted the training will not be as tough and its just a matter of maintaining everything and sticking to calories most days of the week!

What kind of exercise have you been doing candycane? Whats your diet like also?

Bali in November is perfect and when I get back it will be summer here too which will be good fun! I will be exercising in Bali for sure every second day as Im going there for 25 nights! I'll be swimming in our villas pool so again thats another workout on top.

MissMinxOxOx

candycane wrote:i'm aiming for about 67-70 kg so we're in the same '10kg' boat. Except i'm 10cm taller then you guys :) (my Personal Trainer thinks 70-75 but i think i'll be better at the weight im aiming for)

It can be hard to shift those last 10. Once you've lost it though you look to maintenance, so thats either eating a little more or exercising a little less so u dont gain or keep loosing. So you can be a little less strict when you get to that stage, its just getting there thats the battle :)

Bali is a great way of motivating yourself to shed the extra weight too. Thats why im stepping up a bit before summer too :) [we might go to Fiji]
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 am

Sorry Candycane no need to tell me about your diet and exercise, I just read your thread and am updated :)

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:06 pm

hehe yeah there's no specific food plan. Just eat as much non-processed and whole grain food as possible, less carb after 3pm. Lots of veggies and lean protein. I dont do protein shakes or powder because i'd rather eat the protein then drink it along with extra carb. I go to the gym 5 times a week (going to make it 6) for a total of about 7hours exercise (will be 8). I believe the only way to sure fire weightloss is with healthy eating and exercise. I dont believe that fad diets work (i.e. atkins etc) because they dont promote balanced eating. And there's no quick fix :)

Fantastic i love swimming. I used to go with my friend after the gym on saturday i want to get back into it. One of the guys at work has been trying to persuade me to come swimming at lunch time too so i might try that at some point :) its such a good overall workout and i always feel great after spending time in the pool. 25 days is awesome im so jealous!! :) i'll probably go for a week to 10 days or something in january to fiji so thats exciting. Bf said he'd organise it so i might be waiting til 2010 haha.

Alcohol isnt a prob for me :) i usually drive and have maybe one glass with dinner, ever since i hit 22/23 i just havent really been much of a drinker.

How's the rest of your food? I notice u cut out choc at night time, which is great, i usually have a hot choc on skim soy milk for a treat (gives u the chocolatey flavour). Another thing i found really useful was that i steam a big pot of veggies in the morn and eat them through the day, that way i'm getting enough energy and not eating empty calories.

your going fab keep it up cc xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Re: Oh boy 7.8kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 pm

From 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs and now 7.8kgs to reach it.

I did my weigh in this morning and only lost 200g since last monday...i didnt actually feel bad because I didnt feel like I did enough this week to lose weight. Monday I didnt exercise, Tue, Wed and Thurs I did for under an hour each time. Friday I stayed home bec my eye was infected so I couldnt exercise but I cleaned the house for 2 hours! Saturday I didnt 45mins circuit and yesterday I ran 8kms - so thats a pretty poor week for me and my diet... oh dear let me tell you about yesterday.

We had some family friends over and I opened up some wine etc for everyone! I said id mix it with soda water and ended up having it 5 glasses of red! I put out cheeses, olives, dips and biscuits! I made some vol au vents and filled them with egg/bacon and spinach/cheese and baked them nicely! I had about 4 of them all up! then for dessert I had some chocolate ripple cake that I made...I didnt have as much as everyone else but i still had SOME. I also made some shortbread biscuits and I had one of them :( I was so bad..

I did run 8kms straight in the arvo before this all started and for dinner my bf Dave and I shared a lite n easy meal together bec we didnt want to eat a lot after the day!

Hoping to clean up my act this week and steer clear of all of the above! That holiday is about 10 weeks away now.

Lots of love from
MissMinx

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:15 pm

So true I believe the only way to do it is to do it properly and be patient because over time things will happen!!

I unfortunately love the taste of wine and just loving having it on weekends with friends or whatever but thats ok I'm working on everything else really strictly so this shouldn't be too much of a problem for me in the future as I only drink one day per week.

I have given up chocolate completely weeknight but i did purchase ovaltine light which I might have a cup of now and then at night. Weekends on a Saturday I have some light choc mousse or something like that.

The rest of my food is pretty good i think...i have pretty much the same kind of stuff for eg breakfast oats/flaked almonds/skim milk/touch of honey, lunch is some sort of sandwich stuffed with lots of chicken or turkey! dinner is now lite n easy meal which only has a little carbs - i might stop the dinners soon and go back to cooking up meat and veggies every night and see if I lose more weight. Nice idea with the veggies!!

Talk to you soon.
MissMinx

candycane wrote:hehe yeah there's no specific food plan. Just eat as much non-processed and whole grain food as possible, less carb after 3pm. Lots of veggies and lean protein. I dont do protein shakes or powder because i'd rather eat the protein then drink it along with extra carb. I go to the gym 5 times a week (going to make it 6) for a total of about 7hours exercise (will be 8). I believe the only way to sure fire weightloss is with healthy eating and exercise. I dont believe that fad diets work (i.e. atkins etc) because they dont promote balanced eating. And there's no quick fix :)

Fantastic i love swimming. I used to go with my friend after the gym on saturday i want to get back into it. One of the guys at work has been trying to persuade me to come swimming at lunch time too so i might try that at some point :) its such a good overall workout and i always feel great after spending time in the pool. 25 days is awesome im so jealous!! :) i'll probably go for a week to 10 days or something in january to fiji so thats exciting. Bf said he'd organise it so i might be waiting til 2010 haha.

Alcohol isnt a prob for me :) i usually drive and have maybe one glass with dinner, ever since i hit 22/23 i just havent really been much of a drinker.

How's the rest of your food? I notice u cut out choc at night time, which is great, i usually have a hot choc on skim soy milk for a treat (gives u the chocolatey flavour). Another thing i found really useful was that i steam a big pot of veggies in the morn and eat them through the day, that way i'm getting enough energy and not eating empty calories.

your going fab keep it up cc xxx

MissMinx

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi Minx, Don't worry too much about one night, its when it becomes a habit that you should worry.
Wow 8km run thats fantastic, i would love to be able to do 8km....one day.
Your doing well already and doing it all properly.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Oh i forgot to mention, i am so jealous your going to Bali, i want to go back!!!!!!!!
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:37 pm

Hey Tarz :)

One night per week seems to be my treat night... I have to cut them out especially in these last 10 weeks leading up to Bali but thats fine I know whats ahead and I'm not missing out on much if i dont drink or treat myself every lets say Saturday night - I'm behaving this weekend!

The 8km run was hard but I pushed and pushed and today my butt and abs are killing me...killing me so much that when I laugh my abs hurt so much hehe. Usually I do a 10km fast walk/run but yesterday morning I knew I was going to indulge a bit so I ran the whole way...and stopping here and there of course for a quick drink and wipe down.

I know Im really excited about Bali! We're staying in 2 villas and we basically wont have to lift a finger! we have at both villas a butler, 10 hour driver, in-house massages per day!!, daily fully cooked breakfast in our villas, in-villa candlelit dinners whenever we want one if we're not going out, we have our own swimming pool and outdoor private jacuzzi's - my bf and i are always after a place with our own pool and outdoor jacuzzi so we always make sure these features are included!

So yes I think all this hard work trying to lose 7.8kgs will be worth it knowing what I have coming up and if i dont reach 60kgs exactly then I wont be too disappointed but near enough will make me very happy.

Hope you had a nice weekend!!!

Tarz wrote:Hi Minx, Don't worry too much about one night, its when it becomes a habit that you should worry.
Wow 8km run thats fantastic, i would love to be able to do 8km....one day.
Your doing well already and doing it all properly.

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:15 am

8kms is fantastic :) well done. Yeah i had sangria on the weekend, its nice to indulge as long as you dont go to overboad and do it all the time.

Tara your a machine anyway what u talking about hockey girl :)

your food sounds good to me. Its similar to what i eat, except i make my own dinners without too much carb. Are you on lite and easy or do u just randomly order stuff?
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:29 am

EVERYTHING in moderation, its the truth and it hurts hahaha.

I am on lite n easy dinners only which are meals anywhere from 350 to 420 calories per dinner which is easily worked into my calories daily. I started two weeks ago and order my dinners weekly just to see how i go in the next few weeks.. if im unhappy with the dinners then ill go back to cooking up my meat and veggies every night which is fine too. It's so convenient and theyr really tasty! i get to do 30mins more exercise which is great every night but I'll decide in the next couple of weeks if I decide to keep going.

MissMinxxx

candycane wrote:8kms is fantastic :) well done. Yeah i had sangria on the weekend, its nice to indulge as long as you dont go to overboad and do it all the time.

Tara your a machine anyway what u talking about hockey girl :)

your food sounds good to me. Its similar to what i eat, except i make my own dinners without too much carb. Are you on lite and easy or do u just randomly order stuff?

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm

does it work out cheaper then buying lean cuisine's say? It'd prolly be worth it to stick a couple in the freezer.
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:46 pm

For me personally its the same as shopping. I buy 14 dinners = $122 - thats 14 tasty cooked meals, no fuss at all, $61 p/week. All i really buy on the side is milk, bread and sandwich ingredients to take to work for lunch so its pretty good when you do the math :) There is no obligation your suburb gets a delivery on a certain day and all u need to do is order your meals 2 days prior to delivery and they get delivered in eskies with dry ice to keep them frozen all day long until you get home.

OMG I'm at home today and I just finished a 2 hour workout (1 hour circuit at home, 1 hour fast walk on treadmill)...im pretty tired, I have to eat something soon as I wont last until dinner time!!

Talk to you soon!!

candycane wrote:does it work out cheaper then buying lean cuisine's say? It'd prolly be worth it to stick a couple in the freezer.

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:19 pm

2hours phewww no wonder ur hungry and tired thats awesome :) your thighs are great for burning calories being the largest muscle group (i think) but i know theyre great calorie burners so keep up those squats and lunges :)

Yeah thats great and convenient. I love cooking i just dont get time to cook. I had a look at the lite n easy menu but they dont seem to have carb concious meals, i dont eat rice potato bread etc with my dinner so i dunno if it'd work for me. Although in saying that i usually am out twice a week for dinner so i dont have to cook a hell of a lot.

im excited for u to recieve ur VS stuff :) i want to know how it fits! maybe i should just buy it as motivation hehehehe

xxxxx
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Well done on the 2 hour workout!

candycane wrote:Tara your a machine anyway what u talking about hockey girl

I wish CC, if i am a machine then i badly need a service and an upgrade plus hockey is now finished

MM that holiday sounds great! Once you get that VS bikini and the holiday gets closer there will be no stopping you!
Tarz

Postby Strawberry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:10 pm

2 hours exercise - that's great!! you'll be fitting into the VS swimmers in time 4 bali.
Strawberry

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there