It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 am

I hope so too Sue.

I'm just trying to think of a new snack/mini afternoon meal to add to my diet especially whilst Im at work Monday to Friday.

I found this recipe below, what do you all think? Do you think the sodium content may be a little much? should I hold back on the saucy additions and maybe half them?

Grilled Sesame Tofu Fingers

Sauce:
1 Tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) rice vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) cold-pressed sesame oil

Tofu:
1 16-oz (454-g) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-in (1-cm) thick slices
1/4 cup (60 ml) sesame seeds
2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
1 Tbsp (15 ml) tamari soy sauce
2 Tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil

In small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until well blended. Place tofu slices in sauce and marinate 15 to 30 minutes. Drain.

Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. In small bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce until well blended. Brush both sides of marinated tofu with this mixture and dip in sesame seeds.

In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and cook until tofu pieces begin to brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Arrange tofu on a plate. Serve. Serves 2 to 4.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby court » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:41 am

yum that sounds really good MM!!
court

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

That really sounds nice MM :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

just use salt reduced soy sauce!
sounds yummy!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:00 pm

I know they do dont they, I really need something DIFFERENT TASTING during the day to get me through. Ok thanks I will use salt reduced soy and not put as many additions and should be all good!

I'm having a better week, I'm a bit happier........... I couldnt wake up this morning to train because I've been almost training twice a day every day this week and my body just said NO so tonight after grocery shopping for my dinner party on Saturday, I'm just jumping on my exercise bike for 30mins a really intense program and thats that.

Friday: 8km run on my treadmill doing it at fast intervals
Saturday 10kms: outside run/walk
Sunday: I'm planning to hit it hard twice on Sunday following my dinner party on Saturday night

I'm gonna be good on Sunday, I HAVE TO!!
Bye for now everyone
MM

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Sounds like you have it all planned and under control MM. Go for it :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:48 pm

how did u go? xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:39 am

Hi all,
Well my dinner party on Saturday night was a hit! Everything went to plan, I made a wonderful wonderful moussaka, along with a pasta salad, green salad and baby carrots. Dessert was tiramisu my friend brought over...omg the dish was massive and she left me the leftovers which I had to pack and put into the freezer there was that much! I left out a piece for Sunday which I had. So I pretty much ate really lightly on Saturday for brekkie and lunch and then made the rest of the calories at night time plus red wine...I definitely went over 1200 calories more like around 1700-1800 for sure!

Saturday morning I ended up running 8kms on my treadmill at speed 11.4 in less than 43mins so it was a tough session. Sunday I was bad and good...bad in the sense I had some leftover pasta salad for lunch and some dips and a bit of tiramisu for dessert. Dinner time I only had 1 can of tuna, cherry tomatos and lettuce salad.

I also did 1hr 25mins on my exercise bike on a hard program whilst watching tv, I felt so guilty from what I ate :( I hope i burnt some of it off anyways! My backside is killing me today as I have a rash from the bike!! ouch!!!!!! I put a towel down on the seat and it still ended up a rash.

This morning I went on my treadmill for 25mins and elevated it to the max and walked on speed 7.2. Tonight I'm going to do hand weights and also some more cardio...hopefully to get rid of the weekend completely.

Hope you all had a nice wkd. Melb weather on Saturday was glorious!!
MMxo

MissMinx

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:43 am

It was lovely on Saturday, wasn't it!

Oh wow. My mouth is watering reading what you had at your dinner party. I don't blame you for going over your calorie limit! I think you're a champion for doing one hour and 25 minutes on your exercise bike the next day. No wonder you're hurting today!

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to us all! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:45 am

i agree with ali! you're doing really well chikki. also, how tall are you? if i was walking at 7.2 on the treadmill i would be running :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:56 am

Thanks Ali. Usually after a dinner party or a dinner out somewhere on a Saturday, I end up eating badly on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday sometimes Wednesday but I need to break that habit, its like I feel like one or two or three days after wont make a difference but it does.. it doesnt make me feel good but I still do it. Anyways I know I ate some naughty things on Sat and Sun but I still managed to exercise both days no matter what so I'm pretty glad.

Matchbox I'm 165cm and 7.2 is a slow walk for me...I wouldnt break a sweat for ages nor will my heart beat go up but of course this morning it did bec i elevated it to the max. When I walk on my treddy I walk usually on 8.2 speed and that makes me heart race, my legs sore especially my shins at times.

Yes Melb was amazing on Saturday I had such a nice day preparing everything for my dinner party, it was fun, I enjoyed the weekend quite a bit :)

Thank you so much for your replies! I'm starting to get into the mode of training and eating like I do when I know a holiday is coming up and I need to lose weight to look good in a swimsuit heheh.

MMxo

MissMinx

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 am

cool, i's 7.2 the speed or is it 7.2km/h? cos i'm 163cm and i would be running :lol: 6 is a fast walk for me. maybe it's just that you are much MUCH fitter than me :lol: i really need to get into some exercise. your dinner party sounded sooo yummy! gotta get back into the bikini now hey? :wink: me too, so much work to do!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

Hey Matchbox
Yes 7.2 is the speed I cranked my treadmill up to this morning. We are similar height, thats strange, maybe the speeds are different on newer treadmills these days - mines around 5yrs old, I dont know :(

How many days a week have you been exercising lately??? how long for and is the intensity high, does your heatbeat race??? If you can keep your heart up racing for at least 45mins each session with little tiny breaks in between of course, then I think it should do the job, it has to.

Thank you! oh and i forgot to mention for entree I served up burek...mince beef burek, cheese burek and cheese and spinach. Then also for entree dips capsicum & morrocan spice, spinach & pine nut, bell peppers stuffed with cheese and green olives. As you can see by far my dinner party was not low in calories heheheh! oh well this is the time to make up for it all.

Well spring is next month so the weather is going to start getting better... which also means so many new pretty clothes will be available. Also Oct 30th i have a wedding to go to in Sydney which I have to get down to my goal by then, I have to buy a killer dress and shoes for the wedding and I will use that as a motivator to help get me there.

Wish me luck! I have 12 weeks to get to 60kgs!! I havent weighed myself for ages but I reckon I'd be at 66-67kgs easy - I can tell the way my clothes are fitting. I will do a weigh in on Saturday and let you all know and take it from there.

MM

MissMinx

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 pm

hey MM, i've been sick for the past month so haven't done anything - getting back into it tomorrow! got lots of moving things around the house to do today though and lots of lifting, so i'm sure that counts for something! i've got a 3 onth challenge going in the challenges section if you wanna join, i'm trying to get to goal by 5th nov (my bday!) so yep lol. need to start working on it! plus i want a new bikini for summer (i've seen a GORGEOUS one but its so exxy! i wanna make sure i'll look HOT in it if i'm going to buy it!) and *hopefully* with no boardies, so we'll see! don't know how likely that is though :roll:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Ohhh no sicknesses get in the way so much! i find it hard after being sick to get really into it, I feel like my fitness drops to the ground! eventually i get there but its such a strain.

Ok I will join thanks, we're definitely aiming for our goal around the same time so should be good to see what happens.

You're so close to your goal only 2kgs away omg you can get there very soon!!!! You'll have lots of time in the 12 weeks to really tone up everything too which is great. What is your diet like now that you're so close to your goal? how many calories are you eating? how many grams of carbs per day would you have on average nowadays too?

Gotta love sxc biknis!!! :)

MissMinx

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there