It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

i know i hate being sick, D is sick too, which only makes it worse, cos i think we've both been sick for about a month! we just keep giving it to each other i think :lol:

i basically just want to tone up, get some strength and lose some flab - i'm not so fussed on the numbers as long as i am more toned - i would rather be smaller than i am and heavier if you know what i mean! lol.
right now i've been taking it easy so haven't really been counting, although i'm on probably 1300-1400 or so cals when i am watching (CK said 1260 but that's nowhere near enough for me!) and i dont look at my carbs :lol: i eat quite a lot of carbs too lol, i'm a big fan :P i just basically watch my cals and fat (not toooooo strictly now that i'm closer, but used to a lot stricter before).

my main problem is wanting sweets or just food in general at night, and D eating crap and not putting on a gram, for some reason makes me think i can do the same :roll: silly boys! wish i could though!

Do you think 12 weeks is enough time to tone up?
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes matchbox I'm a big fan of carbs too, damn theyre good!! Ok so your calorie intake sounds great to me when you're watching.

YES I know you can tone up in 12 weeks...that infact is the perfect amount of time to get the body toned. A girl i work with has done it! she did the 3 months toning challenge and she looks amazing!!! She pushed herself the entire way and it paid off, shes extremely happy with her body and her before and after shots she showed me were great. Just stick to it and really work your muscles and you will see them shaping and tightening as you go along. Now the girl at work is in maintenance mode and is enjoying her life so much. Shes eating 6 small meals a day and is feeling on top of the world.

As for me in the last few days, I've been hitting it. I've been so strict on my diet and exercise because I want to see results soon. This has been my exercise regime over the last few days, I wont go over my diet but its been between 1250 to 1350 calories per day.

Monday:
Morning ran 5kms on 11.4 speed with mini breaks in every 1 km
Evening did hand weights (various exercises) 30mins and ran another 8kms at 11.2 with mini breaks every 1km

Tuesday:
Morning i couldnt wake up because of the previous days training
Evening did full body pushups 4 x 25, lunges 4 x 30, then I ran another 8kms at 11.2 speed on the treadmill

Wednesday:
Morning i got up!! ran 5kms at 11.2 speed
Evening, tonight i plan to hit my exercise bike on an intense program for 30-40mins

Thursday:
I'll update tomorrow

I think I've worked off that weekend moussaka thank goodness.

I'm going to a 30th bday party this Friday night and looking to burn as many calories before then so I can have a few drinks! I will take photos!! even tho im not at my goal.

Hope you're all doing great! I'm tired...hehe
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Ok so my work is done today...thank god!!!!!!!!!

I got home cleaned the house double time in 40mins, jumped on the exercise bike for 35mins intense program, went upstairs showered and put on fake tan, got a cramp in my foot, made an omelette for dinner, sitting by the pc now eating a bowl of cucumbers and looking forward to bed time at 9.30pm before it starts alllllllllllll over again.

:)

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 am

Wow sounds exhausting!!! Good luck with the rest of the week!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks heaps.

This morning I got up at 5.45am and ran 8kms on my treadmill and it was a big workout! I was quite hungry when I woke up and thought where am I going to pull out this energy from but I did..once I got onto the treadmill I was actually able to run. I think it was me being half asleep more than hungry afterall.

Tonight when I get home, another 30mins on the exercise bike followed by a very light dinner, can of tuna, sauteed cabbage and a cucumber salad.

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

I wanted to ask a question thats been on my mind...this weekend for example, im going out for a 30th on Friday night and out to dinner with my man on Saturday night - I plan to have some wine and vodka on both nights and was wondering if I pretty much incorporate the calories from those drinks into my daily calorie allowance...will that deter me from losing weight or am I fine because I'm still within my calories for the day?

Thank you

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:55 am

Im not a drinker MM, my last alcoholic drink was the Christmas before last :lol: , but I think if you allow for it in your daily cal allowance it should be all good but Im sure some of the more 'seasoned drinkers' here could shed some more light on it for you.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:06 pm

hahah thats cool thanks Sue. I like to have a social drink and doing it once a week ive reached my goal so I know I can allow for it but was wanting to find out if it was just delaying the weight loss by quite some time but hopefully not anyways :)

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm

hey babe,
unfortunately it's not just the extra calories in alcohol that hinder weight loss. Now I love drinking, so I do it anyway and I know a lot of hot, slim, toned chicks that still drink every weekend, but the scientific truth is that it does more than just add calories.
It increases your appetite for one, it slows down your metabolism of fat, and leads to increase in cortisol which stops your muscles from healing. Have you ever noticed that if you do a big weights workout and ur muscles are sore, if you go out drinking they don't heal as fast?
Anyway I never let it stop me but apparently that's how it is!! hehe
xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:23 pm

NoooooooooOOOooOoOO heheh nah its all good, I understand its affecting things I knew it was 'too good to be true' that it wouldnt so...yeah I'll just continue with it and hope for the best!

I've done it before and I'll just have to do it again Im afraid :)

I want today at work to be over so badly!!!!!

Thanks for the replies ladies!!

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Shows how much I know about the effects of alcohol on weight loss then doesnt it? :lol:

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm

I wish I hated a nice drink on the weekends but damnnn a good sav blanc tastes good heheh!

Anyways I'm off to for my lunch hour, off to get a subway salad today, yumm with extra tomatoes and cucumbers yum!

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Well another great start to the day, got up at 5.35am and ran 8kms on the treadmill, had oats for breakfast, went to work, I've just had a pear and going to have my two mini rye wraps for lunch filled with chicken, mushrooms, cheese and spinach, afternoon a banana and tonight a 30th bday party which I'll have some light carrot sticks n dips at home with the girls whilst getting ready, and only eat minimal at the party! ill have a few drinks and go home after that.

I've had a tough week of working out but for some reason I dont know if Ive shifted any weight...i feel like a few hundred grams but nothing major...if anything when I keep this up next week I'm HOPING that I feel like I've shifted a good kg because I have been the stricest with my diet all week...I wouldnt know what to do any further. I wonder if 1200 calories is enough food sometimes that plays on my mind.. anyways I wont hit the panic button yet I'll just wait and see next weekend. I will weigh in tomorrow tho.

Tomorrow is glorious in Melbourne I want to get outdoors for a walk and run, I shall see.

Talk to you soon.
MM

MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:15 pm

HOLY SUGAR EVERYONE!!

I was walking around during my lunch hour int he city today and i stumbled across YES SUSHI located at the end of Collins St Melb (near Gloria Jeans Coffee) they do sushi rolls WITH BROWN RICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm over the moon with that because I always give up my sushi during my regime when I've set a goal. I can incorporate once or twice every 2 weeks and have that for lunch.

I'm all :D now!

MissMinx

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 pm

That's brilliant! I wish I worked in the city. Hopefully some place near me will start offering brown sushi soon. I hope you enjoy your sushi MM! :D
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there