It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank you and you too, it will be worth it in the end!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Runner » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 pm

How awesome would it be to run 12km! At the moment i run/walk about 4 and thats about all i can manage. I used to be a better runner but got slack, Although never in the 12km range. We've got the same goal weight so its good motovation to come here and see how much work you do. It gets my butt into gear!
Runner

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:20 pm

How you going MM? xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi everyone,
Its been about a week since my last post..its been so hectic at work and I was quite busy on the weekend too.
I weighed in on Saturday and I lost only 300g last week but thats ok better than nothing.
I didnt hit it as hard but enough to maintain where I was at. This week hopefully will be better and hopefully not as busy at work too so that I'm not mentally and physicall exhausted!
We'll see how it goes.
Hope you're all doing great.
MMxo

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Czarina » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:43 pm

300g is 300g closer to goal! Hope things get a little less hectic for you!
Czarina

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 am

Hi MM how you doin?

Congrats on the 300gm loss! I don't even want to weigh myself at the moment. In fact i'm not going to for the next couple of weeks so i don't get a massive guilt complex.

How's training going? I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and try training at home rather than the gym. What time do you go for runs? How do you fit it all in?

take care xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 am

Hey CC,
All is ok...I've been extremely busy at work because all my business support co-workers have been let go of and also resignations have happened leaving me very stressed! Ive been tired from this so I havent been training as much in the last fortnight but its good in a way because I get home eat dinner and then I fall asleep pretty early.

I cant go to gyms etc...I like to train alone - the only time I'm out in public training is when I walk or run around the golf course.

Well CC I always allow myself 40-45mins of running in the morning on the treadmill so that gets me 7-8kms ...if I do only 7kms I make sure that later that evening I jump on my exercise bike for an intense 20min cycle and that way I'm burning around 700 cals at least per day, at least. I lose weight the best this way when I'm burning as much as I can and as quickly as my exercise session can be.

I start work at 8.30am I get my train at 7.52am and basically to get ready and fit in my run...I have to get up at 5.55am every morning which isnt tooooo bad consdering I can get a good session in before work.

I've been running at intervals every single time lately...I cant do anything else for some reason I'm enjoying that the most and feeling like its giving me a great workout. I'm running at speed 11.4 and elevated the treadmill too and then I bring it down to 10.8 speed - so basically every 300 to 400 metres I change the speed. I get very puffy but around 3-4kms but then I keep telling myself i'm half way there, I'm half way there heheh.

Are you thinking about running outdoors CC in the mornings? or are you thinking about purchasing a treadmill yourself?

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Wow that does sound busy MM. Its hard when work gets like that.

I actually have a treadmill at home, its my mum's. I was thinking i'd run outside but maybe i'll do both, some in the morning some at night like u. Where i'm house sitting has a cross trainer, so i might go for a jog in the morn and do half an hour on the xtrainer at night when i get home.

Then i might do bootcamp with a friend, so that will be three times a week early early morning (it is at 7am so i need to get up at 5:30am to be there in time) really intense training. I need to start jogging so i can be ready when it starts. Otherwise i think it'll be a massive shock for my body lol.

Any good dinner recipes?

xx
candycane

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:15 pm

PS do u count calories MM?
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:35 pm

hey girl,
hope things are a bit more under control at work this week! I think it's a good thing that you're losing slowly as you will be MUCH less likely to put it back on!
keep it up xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey Girlies,

I've been soooooooooooo busy at work I havent been able to check your posts let alone my own.

I've been keeping up with everything to a degree and I've lost another 400g which I'm ok at considering the situation. I've resigned yesterday because I cant take it any more at work so yeah I'm looking now for another job and trying to manage my weight loss at the same time...wish me luck!

when I have some more ME time I'll check up on you all and reply asap

Big wave from MM

MissMinx

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:00 pm

aww good luck MM! and well done. I'd love to be in the 65s right now!
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby MissMinx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi everyone!!

Oh far out WHAT A WEEK, last week took a whole 360 turn for me at work. Two weeks ago I resigned and was actively looking for work etc got interviews with agencies coming up etc.. during all this I also applied for another position at the place I'm working at now and was rejected due to some sabotage...I couldnt believe it, anyways it was hr getting involved when they really have no say in the matter! SOOOOOOOOOO on Friday i was offered the job which is a step up and promotion and now my title is "office co-ordinator' whoo hoooooooo! im stoked and I cant wait to go out tonight and celebrate.

I've felt sick all week just stressed out and so exhausted! I managed to fit in exercise like 30-40 mins really intense sessions running and weights etc and the food this week...well all week felt like I was eating cardboard, nothing was tasting right. I've been a mess! and I knew that I lost some more weight because I looked in the mirror last night before bed and could see it in my face and upper body especially and tummy a little.

I weighed in this morning at 65kgs which im happy about and felt overall very relieved about everything...I can breathe again..

Now I dont have to worry about work and I didnt put on any weight during this process, I can concentrate on getting to 60kgs or close to it before my friends wedding which is in 5 weeks now.

I'm off tonight to celebrate my success, I'm really really looking forward to it.
Hope you're all well and I cant wait for the next 5 weeks now.
MMxoxoxo

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Im glad things are looking up for you MM, you deserve it.

Have a great week :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi all,

Today this is what I did and this is what I ate:

> 5.45am - hand weights circuit (various exercises 30mins), then 20mins run on the treadmill up and down from 12 speed to 10 speed every 30 seconds
> Protein shake: Max's Reload 30g with water
> Meal 1: 40g of oats with water & touch of milk, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal
> Meal 2: Jalna strawberry youghurt (small tub) mixed in with 30g Max's Reload (omg this combination is to die for)
> Meal 3: 1 x Rye Mountain bread with 120g chicken, 1 tbls skinny hommus, lettuce, tomato
> Meal 4: 1 green apple, 8 almonds
> 6.00pm - 25mins on my exercise bike on a intense program
> Protein shake: Max's Reload 30g with water
> Meal 5: 1 bowl home-made chicken soup with loads of green veggies - the stock was salt reduced and I only used a little of it and used 3/4 so the natural flavours of the veggies and herbs would come through
> Small snack: 1 tablespoon 100% almond spread

I've had 2 white teas today and 2 green teas along with 2 litres of water.

Goodnight everyone I'm exhausted at 9pm heheh.

MissMinx

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there