It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 am

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi girls,

I am new to all of this and it is really great hearing about other women who are and have to lose around the same as me. I don't want to sound selfish or disrespectful to others that have a lot to lose, because I have always been in the 'healthy' weight range, but I think it is about feeling happy & confident within yourself. Before I had my 3 children i was 60kg and the weight crept on at around 5kg with each child. I want to get back to my original size because that feels like me and I feel confident & happy at that size, but I do sometimes feel guilty about it when other people have so much more to lose & it must sound so petty to them.

All in all, it is very difficult to lose weight when you don't have a 'lot' to lose, it's like your body keeps adjusting itself to the kilojoules you're consuming and the exercise you are doing and you have to keep decreasing the kj and increasing the exercise to get anywhere whilst still trying to remain healthy and take care of all of your life's other priorities.

Do you have any advise for me? What do you all do to keep going?

Sam.
Samantha Jean

Postby court » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Hey Sam!
Firstly Hi!! :)
Thats the good thing about this forum - no matter if you have 5kgs to lose or 105kgs everyone is really supportive cos we are in it together! Don't feel guilty! Weight loss is a personal thing!!
I started at 90kgs and am now in the 66's and it is getting mighty difficult and I have to be so much more vigilant with my eating! Biggest advice I will give you is check out calorie king and input your details! it is free and lots of the chickies on here use and and swear by it! I am on Jenny Craig but if i werent I would be using calore king :)
Good luck cant wait to hear how you go!!
Court x
court

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks Court, I will have a look now.
Samantha Jean

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey Samantha,
Welcome!! Definitely start your own thread and you'll see just how much support you'll get from everyone here, its great!! Thanks for writing and sharing your situation. Its ok how you're feeling, you need to be happy inside out and you have made the decision to do something about it now which is the step in the right direction.

You just need to work at it every single day both diet and exercise go hand in hand. Your body needs good nutrition full of goodness, lots of fresh veggies, good fats, some carbs (not the starchy type) and loads of protein. Try to eat on a fairly regular basis so about 5-6 meals a day which will assist your metabolism greatly! your body doesnt starve waiting 4,5,6 hours between meals which is a big no no. With exercise start off with maybe 30mins to 45mins and then eventually work towards a good solid hour of exercise. Your body will over time become stronger and you'll start to notice the results. Incorporate both cardio and strength work to build muscle and tone up at the same time. Ummmm make sure that you drink plenty of water, herbal teas, reduce salting food, limit alcohol (I can talk lol) and don't have too many full milk lattes or cappucinos when you go out - a bettter choice would be a flat white with skinny milk. If your are cooking for your family at dinner, they can eat similar to you but if they prefer to have things like potatos and white rice etc...just make your meal fuller with veggies and a salad which are good choices.

Like Court said, go on calorieking its a great website that is full of information.

Hope to hear from you soon! Take care.
MissMinx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi there,

Another good day for me today. Meals were spot on healthy all day ate 6 times. This morning I did a 40min session on my treadmill and I discovered it goes up to 13 speed which is fantastic! so I did interval running to the maximum speed and then down to 10 speed and changed it every 30secs.

Tonight i got home and went on the Wii and did My fitness coach cardio workout which is boxing related...my arms are going to drop off I'm gonna be sore tomorrow I can feel it :( anyways I did that for another 30mins in total.

Its 9.21pm I'm off to bed and starting up early again for another run.

Oh my head hurts thinking about it...but I have 4.5 weeks until I go to Sydney for a wedding, I feel like its not enough time grr! I'm going to do my best.

Talk to you soon!
Goodnight xoxoxo

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Court & MissMinx, I had a look at the calorieking website and, as I thought, it said that I was in a healthy weight range.

I found the software program though & it is so awesome. I have downloaded the 7 day trial & will say I will end up buying it. It is so great how you can put in all of your details and it tells you what you have to do to lose weight and you can reduce the kj if you want to (I did).

It has all of the foods in the calorie counter books right there and you can find things quickly & easily with the search bar. It works out all of the exercise for you too and how much carb, protein, fibre, etc you need to consume as well as water and you can work out entire meals for next time and put your common foods into the favourites list.

I realised that I am not getting enough fibre and not drinking enough water. 25g of fibre seems so difficult to attain. I am going to try that Uncle Toby's Bran Plus, it is suppose to be 12.1g fibre per 1/2 cup serve, which is amazing considering 2 weetbix only has 3g.

I opened a topic for myself in 'almost there' called 'sam's progress' and will update how i am doing there. thank you so much for all of your advice, I very much appreciate it & will take it onboard.
Samantha Jean

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey Samantha, you don't need to pay for calorie king? You can just use it for free. You just renew every 12 months.

MM you sound like you are going great, just keep focussed. I think we all need something to work towards - when you have a goal (like the wedding) you go hard out. As soon as it goes we let go a bit so we'll have to figure some other goal out ;)

Love all that protein your eating btw - i'll have to look up max's reload. What's the carbs like on it?

congrats on what you've been doing so far gf :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Ok thanks. So if I downloaded the 7 day trial i can just keep using it and it won't lock me out in 7 days??
Samantha Jean

Postby fi_112 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am

how u going MM? x
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I've updated briefly in the challenges section.

I'm going to be brief because I need to count my ZZzzZz's very soon.

I've been a robot...nothing but a robot, I eat, exercise, sleep and work.

6 meals a day all the way! I've been doing it properly with protein in every single meal. Every single meal consists of protein (enough to fit in the palm of your hand is all you need), leafy green veggies (lots of spinach i love it!), beans, snow peas etc etc hardly any bread and no sandwiches during the day with deli chicken ham (too much sodium) I'm preparing my chicken myself at home for work every day and have it with some zuchinni and little bit of sweet potato and a dolup of salsa or skinny hommus! Tonight for dinner 120g of skinless salmon with a handful of steamed cabbage. The good thing is I'm eating every 3 hours and not hungry for once! I'm actually getting use to this as each day passes.

The max's reload is amazing...havent stopped having it after my intense intense exercise sessions - my muscles will thank my for it. One scoop CC is 30g of protein and only my dear 0.3g of carbs ;) FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

3.5 weeks till the wedding in Sydney for me! I am leaving buying a brand new dress until 1 week beforehand and will see how I go... god time is soooo against me right now but I'm doing everything in my power to get there.

More updates soon!!
As soon as I have more time on the weekend I'll jump on your threads and reply.
MMXOXOXOOX

MissMinx

Postby Czarina » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 am

Sounds like you are doing really, MM. I think I need to take a leaf out of your book!
Czarina

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 pm

looking forward to hearing more from you MM :) your diet and exercise looks great to me. Make sure you have some carbs directly after exercise with your protein http://www.active.com/nutrition/Article ... u-Need.htm this seems like a pretty good article :)

keep up the good work xo
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:14 am

Hi MM,
Haven't heard from u in awhile but I just saw your bikini pic from when you were 61kg, much earlier in this thread. OMG!!! Your waist is sooo tiny. Tinier than Victoria Beckhams!! Hahaha! But you have killer curves! Wow!
anyway hope you are well these days! xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey girlies and boys,
I've been neglecting these threads but havent been neglecting myself which is good - 1 week until the wedding in Sydney.

I'm happy enough with my bod as I can go and buy a new dress on the weekend I'm down to 64.2kgs....still 4.2kgs away from my goal and hoping to drop 1kg before next Fri ! I have a lot of work to do before now and then!

I'm eating my 6 meals per day without any hiccups and im feeling like im eating all the time! 3 hours passes pretty fast!

I've started my new job this week so its been great in terms of my training etc Ive been able to concentrate so much.

This weekend, buying a dress, shoes, jewellery, bag, got my hair done last night and getting nails tonight! Exercise tomorrow 9kms outside, then shopping then 30mins interval sprints on my treadmill. Sunday 9kms outside in the morning and then the arvo weight training and maybe a little bit of boxing and jumping around like a monkey!

Thanks chicky yes my body was flat as a pancake back then! I didnt have much muscle i was just dropping the fat and luckily there werent toooo many jiggly bits! now ive incorporate more strength work 3rd time around losing weight LOL and finding that my arms and legs are more shaply than before and not boney.

Hope you're all well! I will have lots of photos after the wedding and my trip to Syd!
MMxoxo

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Im looking forward to your piccies MM :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there