It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Just wanted to share my morning and afternoon snacks today which im enjoying...

This morning i had a No Fat mango flavoured yoghurt and a few raw almonds. Right now Im having 4 x vita-weat 9 grain biscuits (87 cal) smoothered lightly with some promite...really nice!

Thats all heheh.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby ali76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 pm

YUM!!

I can't wait to get home to have my strawberries I bought at lunch time (40 cals for half a punnet) with some yoplait forme fat free yoghurt....YUM!

I think I should invest in some vita wheats too...!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Hey Ali,
Very nice choice in snacks indeed...i love all that stuff too!

I havent had Vita-Weats for 100 years I reckon...the 9 grain ones are so nice.

Ok Im off to watch 90210 LOL.

I shall catch you soon.
xo

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby ali76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:35 pm

MissMinx wrote:Ok Im off to watch 90210 LOL.

I dont want to watch it.....but I really want to watch it...haha! :lol: :wink:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 am

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about doing a running session tonight on my treadmill for 10km's... anyone know which speed is great to run at to burn heaps of calories? i was thinking 10 ??? Leaving it at the one speed one long run is that a good way to burn??

Thank you!!
MissMinx

Ali, I bet you watched it hehe! my bf even watched it with me lol.

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:17 am

i usually jog at 9kph on an incline so im not sure, i dont do much machine work. I know it burns calories pretty effectively. I need to up my fitness on the treadmill though, apparently its a lot harder to jog outside then on a treadmill? anyways.

Mmmm my snacks are two rice thins with some almond/brazil/cashew nut spread. Yummy and two pieces of fruit (for the day) hehe. I am sooo not a promite fan. Im a vegemite fan though they taste great on vita wheat!

Im scared for my weigh in tommorrow. im going to have to do extra at the gym today hehe

xxxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am

i usually jog at 9kph on an incline so im not sure, i dont do much machine work. I know it burns calories pretty effectively. I need to up my fitness on the treadmill though, apparently its a lot harder to jog outside then on a treadmill? anyways.

Mmmm my snacks are two rice thins with some almond/brazil/cashew nut spread. Yummy and two pieces of fruit (for the day) hehe. I am sooo not a promite fan. Im a vegemite fan though they taste great on vita wheat!

Im scared for my weigh in tommorrow. im going to have to do extra at the gym today hehe

xxxx
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:46 am

Hi CC!

Oh I cant stand incline lol! running at 9 sounds do'able, I might up it to around 10 tonight and no incline. Yes Ive noticed that walking really fast outside is even harder than on a treadmill...Id say its something to do with the wind outside that pushes against us.

Oh yum where did you get that spread from?? sounds so good! I love vegemite too :)

I'm looking forward to hearing how you went!
xoxoxo

MissMinx

Postby Strawberry » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:48 am

I just wrote you a big long PM reply, went to send it & the action was forbidden!!! Lost everything I wrote :evil: . Will try again later.
400g Loss is fantastic by the way - on target for success!!
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 pm

OMG Strawberry! I know what you mean I was PM'ing Miss_Jay and went to send her this long message and it didnt go through! anyway I got her email address after that and sent it through again.

Apparently Admin said to me that if you use the asterix a lot it stuffs up the PM's and wont go through.

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:08 pm

im slightly addicted to it. I cant eat peanuts so i eat it instead, its in the health food section of woolworths and stuff. Its pretty expensive per jar though.

I HATE when ur post gets lost !! its so irritating!!
candycane

Postby Tarz » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi MM, goodluck going for a jog on the treadmill. When i get to jogging i do 10. Its the perfect speed for me, 9 is to slow and i start tripping on the machine. A few weeks ago when i was at the gym i thought i would jog on 9 and see how long i could go for but it wasn't a comfortable speed, i started to day dream and sped up without realiseing and stumbled on the front of the machine :oops: 10 was perfect. just try different speeds to find whats best for you. I still think jogging outside is easier, only because i don't analyse what i am doing as much becasue there are things to look at, but when i am on a treadie i think about it too much and get tired quicker.

As for posts getting deleted when PMing, i learnt pretty quickly to copy a post before pressing send.
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey sounds like you're going great with your exercise! :) I was talking to a PT yesterday and she said the thing that burns most calories is to do high intensity interval training where you absolutely push your body to the max for a minute and then slow down for a minute and then repeat. It also keeps things interesting and I find it helps bump me up to a higher level of fitness next time I do a long endurance run.

:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm

CC,
I'd love to try it but Im scared to get addicted to it too and believe me the last thing I need is to try more tasty addictive foods lol! maybe when I reach my goal I'll get some heheh!

Hey Tarz and Jane,
Well I just finished my 10kms on the treadmill...I did 9kms running on 10 speed...I'm a little disappointed with the way my body was feeling tonight I was out of breath quite a bit but I JUST got through the 9km run and then the last 1km I just walked on 7.8. I'm pooped and just warming up my lite n easy (3 more dinners and then im ditching em).

Tarz I know I usually like the feel of running at the speed of 10...9 takes wayyyy too long. OH wow I agree with you 100%...inside on a treadmill seems a lot more strenuous than taking it outdoors. I just tend to stare at the same spot and it gets really boring and you're aware of the time which is a pain! I look forward to daylight savings in Melb to be able to get outside a lot more.

Ok so what you're telling me if I want to do 10kms on the treadmill - run on lets say 11 speed for a minute and then take it down to a walk at 8 speed, and then keep repeating until the 10kms has been completed, this will burn the MOST calories than just running a straight 10kms on speed 8 ??

As for sending PM's yes Ive started to type them up in Word first and making sure I have a copy in there before sending through here bec its been so unreliable.

Thanks so much for writing!!
xoxoxoxo

MissMinx

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah thats what the PT reckons because you are taking your body to its limits you burn lots more calories. We do the same kinda thing on the cross trainer and bikes- starting at about 5 and then going to 10, then 15 and then 20, sometimes we go from 5 straight to 15 and then go up one at a time every minute till we reach 20. However I think a combination of both this type and longer endurance work outs is the best.
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there