It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:27 am

Free Newsletter

Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Oh boy 8.5kgs to reach 60kgs...get outta here fat!

Postby Fatty » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 am

Hey Miss Minx,
Just reading how you went for the week, OMG you did really well, 400g is great it just means your burning a bit of extra fat and building muscle tone thats all. Don't be too down if you really want to lose more weight you only will be losing muscle and you don't want that cause it will only cause you to put the weight back on qiucker than how you lost it.
You go girl your doin soo great I could never do all that exercise and live to tell the story LOLL :lol: .
Anyways, just another peice of advice if you really want to burn those extra calories use your incline on your tready I know you said you dnt like it but it will really get you sweating like no tomorrow. Try this for just one session and see how you go and let me know how you did, do the incline at 10 and the speed at 5.5 and walk for 30 min if you can do more than push on but if you cant than stop, let me know how you went and remember there is no harm in trying no matter how much you dnt like sumthing lol :) . Oh and try this session if you like, where you hop on your tread for 5 mins then hop off and do some weights and lunges reps and stuff then hop back on your tread again for another 5 mins and just keep repeating the cycle. LOl this workout will have you nackered by the end of it.
Hope you do well this week.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:11 pm

some good advice. I think interval training *shocks* your body, thus it doesnt get used to the training, and continues to burn more calories.

Arent their programs on treadmills and stuff that can do that?

When's your next weigh in? Good luck :) i didnt loose anything this week, but like i said on my thread, its probably evening out after a big loss last week.

Keep up the great work :) xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Tarz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:13 pm

Well done on the run, being able to run 9 of the 10 km is still a great achievement and would be doing helping tone your body really well.
Maybe give the HIIT a try like jane suggested and see what calorie difference comes up. Worth a try.
I know what you mean about waiting for day light savings. I was doing it at home but just didn't feel safe running in the dark. The next 2 months should be perfect for evening work outs, weathers warmin slightly without being to hot and it will be getting darker later.
MissMinx wrote: I just tend to stare at the same spot and it gets really boring and you're aware of the time which is a pain!

I always end up on the same treadmill at the gym and everytime i find myself staring at the same mark on the window. If only the windows weren't frosted over i could at least watch the world going by.
Do you listen to music when you go for a run? If so what sort?
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

hippy_shake wrote:Yeah thats what the PT reckons because you are taking your body to its limits you burn lots more calories. We do the same kinda thing on the cross trainer and bikes- starting at about 5 and then going to 10, then 15 and then 20, sometimes we go from 5 straight to 15 and then go up one at a time every minute till we reach 20. However I think a combination of both this type and longer endurance work outs is the best.

Thanks Jane, I'm gonna give it a go from tomorrow night on the treadmill run then walk every minute - I'll see how I go.

Fatty wrote:Hey Miss Minx,
Just reading how you went for the week, OMG you did really well, 400g is great it just means your burning a bit of extra fat and building muscle tone thats all. Don't be too down if you really want to lose more weight you only will be losing muscle and you don't want that cause it will only cause you to put the weight back on qiucker than how you lost it.
You go girl your doin soo great I could never do all that exercise and live to tell the story LOLL :lol: .
Anyways, just another peice of advice if you really want to burn those extra calories use your incline on your tready I know you said you dnt like it but it will really get you sweating like no tomorrow. Try this for just one session and see how you go and let me know how you did, do the incline at 10 and the speed at 5.5 and walk for 30 min if you can do more than push on but if you cant than stop, let me know how you went and remember there is no harm in trying no matter how much you dnt like sumthing lol :) . Oh and try this session if you like, where you hop on your tread for 5 mins then hop off and do some weights and lunges reps and stuff then hop back on your tread again for another 5 mins and just keep repeating the cycle. LOl this workout will have you nackered by the end of it.
Hope you do well this week.

OK you bullies!!!!!!! you've convinced me I'll incline the treadmill however I dont know if I can do it for 10kms...thats a bit much Id say.. I'll give it a go for 45mins...if I can last it. I hate to admit it but looks like I need to change the treadmill routine...ITS TIME. I'll let you know...if I'm a live after it heheh (knock on wood).

candycane wrote:some good advice. I think interval training *shocks* your body, thus it doesnt get used to the training, and continues to burn more calories.
Arent their programs on treadmills and stuff that can do that?
When's your next weigh in? Good luck :) i didnt loose anything this week, but like i said on my thread, its probably evening out after a big loss last week.
Keep up the great work :) xxx

CC = babe :)
Yes there are programs but like mine isnt THE best for programs and I'm happy to change it up manually.
I wrote on your thread just before you'll see my reply.

My weigh-in is Monday mornings - I'll let you know and just for the record im $hitting myself heheh.

Tarz wrote:Well done on the run, being able to run 9 of the 10 km is still a great achievement and would be doing helping tone your body really well.
Maybe give the HIIT a try like jane suggested and see what calorie difference comes up. Worth a try.
I know what you mean about waiting for day light savings. I was doing it at home but just didn't feel safe running in the dark. The next 2 months should be perfect for evening work outs, weathers warmin slightly without being to hot and it will be getting darker later.
MissMinx wrote: I just tend to stare at the same spot and it gets really boring and you're aware of the time which is a pain!

I always end up on the same treadmill at the gym and everytime i find myself staring at the same mark on the window. If only the windows weren't frosted over i could at least watch the world going by.
Do you listen to music when you go for a run? If so what sort?

Hi Tarz,
Absolutely cant wait to get outdoors...we have a golf course near my house and its about 4kms all the way around, its a really nice walk and I'm gonna go 3x round when daylight savings hits - its going to be something new and something a lot more exciting than the treadmill.

I listen to music sometimes on my little shuffle, my bf love uplifting trance which gives me energy lol and then other times I love anything and everything thats on the radio. I also put my little tv in my training room from my bedroom if I feel like watching some tv.

You're all wonderful thank you so much for writing!
xoxoxoox
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok I cant believe i'm about to do this!

Here are two photos of me - the first one is of me in April this year...I was 71.5kgs...I dont have any body shots bec I dont like photos when I'm that weight!

Then the second photo is of me on holidays last year at 61kgs which is what i wanna get down to in 8 weeks time!

I will take photos as time passes to compare how close i get to my old body in about 8 weeks time :)
Attachments
MissMinxApr08.JPG
MissMinxApr08.JPG (23.59 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
MissMinxFeb07.JPG
MissMinxFeb07.JPG (31.18 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm

OMG how round is my face in the first photo!!! $hit!

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:56 pm

hey darlin

i think u look great at both weights! u have hot legs.

LOL incline is good for u, i've never really ran without it because i thought it was a given u use it ;) u must be really fit though coz i can only jog for like 10 mins max then i feel like collapsing. I'm good in the gym classes though weird. Might be that its because i dont get as bored thinking about the fact that i got like 3 mins left ;)

I agree techno is good to work out to. I like drum n bass - also like heavy rock is good too. Something with a good beat i guess.

Woohoo! see we won't be chained to our scales! *frees her shackles* lol!

xxxx
candycane

Postby Strawberry » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 am

MM your face does not look big & round in the first photo. You will be looking HOT when you reach goal weight. lucky you having great arms! Mine are scary looking lol.
Strawberry

Postby MissMinx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey beautiful chickens!

I was at an excel training course for the last two days and boy was it draining! so glad its over.. anyways I didnt anything naughty over the last two days away from work...only today I had 2 nori rolls on top of my small chicken sandwich today... I was that extra bit hungry so I just got a couple but havent touched rice in ages so shouldnt be too bad! Other than that my snacks at the training course were good, youghurts and a few vita weets in the arvo!

Thanks CC lol but I have still some work to get there yet............big sigh!! hehehe

You'd be proud of me, yesterday morning I got up and did 45mins circuit training at home using my hand weights etc and then last night when I got home I did intervals on my treadmill! MY GODDDD i started to sweat in the first 4 mins like crazy!! I walked on 7.8 speed for a minute and then ran at 11.2 speed for a min...and did that for a whole 45mins... WOW I was struggling but it felt so good afterwards! im gonna go for an hour this weekend and see how I can handle it. This weekend for training is big for me bec ive been dropping really $hit numbers and I need to change things up a bit including my diet! NO MORE lite n easy...im off it from last night so yeah all cooking from now on! we'll see in the next couple of weeks what I drop.

Thanks Jen!! I hope to get them looking like that again soon.

Talk to you all soon! Have a great weekend and train your backsides off this weekend! best time do it if you dont work on weekends!

Lots of love
Miss Minx

MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Hey MM,
It's great that you have dropped the lite n easy and think that stuff is just a waste of money and doesn't teach you anything bout self control. AND its great you have changed your routine but remember to add the incline trust me you will be burning calories like no tomorrow lol, (i cnt talk much right now i cnt even do more than 10mins on my bike :lol: ). And dnt be too stict with your diet cause remember once you reach your goal tell youself will you be able to keep up with what your doing know, so allow yourself certain stuff (not just your saturday night out) where its ok to have a little something here and there.
Hope you do well with your next weigh-in.
Oh and did you feel the same when you first started working out where you couldn't do what you are doing now. Was it a bit hard in first week or so ? LOL
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey all,

Well today I'm in sunday lazy mode far out.. Im getting my you know what on Tuesday and just like last month I was lazy on the Sun and Mon... I will go upstairs shortly to do a bike ride of around 1.5hours... i gotta do it! its only 7 weeks 4 days til my trip! I made those chicken burgers for dinner tonight which i pasted the recipe for you all... cant wait for those! Other than that Im realllllly taking my time today to get upstairs to train... la di da....... hehe

Thanks Fatty, I'll incline tomorrow night after work and push myself to like it somehow heheh.

Yes it was hard for the first month i was on and off all the time and then i got sick of wasting my time and then started to put in close to 100% and THATS when I started to count the weeks of my weight loss..not the bit where i was half trying so yeah its been 7 weeks so far and I have that much more time before my trip to lose the remainder weight.

Its hard but now im getting use to it and bec ive had some results it motivates me to keep going and I dont want to do it for nothing and turn the other way...its tooooo much trouble getting here and I dont want to fail.

MissMinxxx

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:41 pm

You are doing so well MissMinx and for the record I think you look hot in both piccies :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Thanks Shalimar hehehe im still ashamed of putting the weight back on...arghhh!

OK so my update...
Yesterday morning I weighed myself in a day earlier (usually Monday mornings) I was curious and impatient i wanted a quick SQUIZ lol!

I got on the scales and they said 67kgs exact!!! meaning i would have lost 400g in the past week AGAIN just like last week!

So I worked out yesterday and did the usual...this morning I wake up for my official weigh in day and it ended up reading 68kgs OMGGGGGGG

Im getting my period tomorrow and i do feel yukky...please tell me that 1kg is due to my period coming..... pls pls LOL

So now I dont know what to actually go by this week... what weight!?!?!?
HELPPPP lol

MissMinx

Postby candycane » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:59 pm

its probably just fluid retention - i wouldnt worry too much about a gain because if you've been working hard and not eaten 3500 calories extra its impossible for you to gain any fat let alone a whole kilo. I would wait to weigh yourself until next week after your monthly. When you get closer to your goal weight you'll find the weight shifts in weird ways. I think you should take some measurements and use that as a more accurate way of seeing how much your loosing overall. i havent lost any in a while but ive lost a few cms.

Use the bikinis to see how your going. Scales can be treachorous :) thanks for the recipe it sounds fab.

chin up dont worry girlie xxxxx
candycane

Postby Fatty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey Miss Minx,
Dnt fret too much it is cause of you know what the same thing happened to me and then came off about 2 days or 3 days later and it is most probably fluid retention, so go by the 67kilos.
Congrats on the drop.
[/url]
Fatty

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there