It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

Just go AWAY

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Just go AWAY

Postby danni_bella » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:58 pm

All I want weight-loss wise is to LOSE between 3.5 and 5 kilos.

That is all. Then, that will be my weight-loss goal for the year and I can hopefully then enjoy a PROPER summer, down the beach 8)

Why it hasn't shifted over the past couple months I don't really know, probably because I haven't been dieting properly... until now...
danni_bella

Re: Just go AWAY

Postby candycane » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:13 pm

hi danni,

welcome first of all. It may not seem like much in comparsion to other weight loss goals but i know It sucks even having those couple extra kilos on and im sure you'll shed them in no time. I suggest you write down what you eat for three days, go onto calorie king or something similar, work out how many calories you eat on average per day and subtract about 250 -400 calories per day. You could also incorporate 30-40 minute walk per day as well or other form of exercise.

Another thing you could do is substitute any processed food for good whole foods, white for grain, sugar for honey, etc. Eat 5 serves (which is a cup) of veggies per day. Snack on lean protein instead of bread etc... there's lots you can do. Because there's not much u need to loose you really have a big range of choices in that department.

Good luck mate :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Rosie Peters » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Hi Danni

I agree with Candycane. If you really really want the kgs to go away, you need to have a plan and stick to it. Record calories in and out as accurately as you can to avoid calorie amnesia. Use a kitchen scale for accurate measurement and a calorie counter booklet. The calorie king one and similar ones can be found in big newsagencies for a couple of dollars.

Avoid deep fry and daily treats. Eat and exercise for your natural body shape. Get moving - every day. Relax your diet and exercise program only once a week.

Focus on the prize and work at it and the weight will come off.

Think of the beach and how you are going to look. Summer is coming. Get yourself ready, bikini girl!
Rosie Peters

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi :D I know exactly how you feel, you sound just like me!! You wouldn't think such a small amount of weight would be so hard to lose, would you!! I've ben struggling with my 3.5 to 5kg for years and years now :(

Just stay focused on your goal and you will get there. And try not to be discouraged if you feel you're busting your gut for only tiny results :wink:
SarahC

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:50 pm

It will drop if you stick to it.

I never thought very early last year that I would ever get to 60kgs and I did! once you're there its so much more easier than what we're all going through now with trying to lose those last bits.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Return to Almost there