It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Free Newsletter

So close yet so far..!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

So close yet so far..!

Postby miss-_jay » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 am

Hi, after a long time of checking out everyones threads for support and inspiration, I decided it was time to create my own!
For years I was always a comfortable weight,however about two years ago I settled into a relationship, got busy with work and study and let my health and weigt slip out of my grasp.

After months of looking in the mirror and being unhappy with what I see, I have decided now is the time where I must make a concious and positive decision to gain control over my self image and happiness. As a teenager, I always bordered on having serious eating problems, going from extreme binge eating toeating nothing the next, and as an adult I dont wish to slip back into this destrcutive pattern, but instead focus on being healthy, happy and a little bit lighter!

Afew months ago I took up running after about a year on no physical activity, and after four weeks was running about 25min (4km) on average 3-4 times a week. I noticed a slight change in my fweight and how my clothes fitted.
However, like most times I try to get into a routine, work became busy and before I knew it, the weight was back on.
I also have trouble with sticking to a daily food plan-I generally start the day off well, with a healthy breakfast of cereal and a piece of fruit/or piece of toast, however by 4pm when I get home I find all my willpower failing as I fill up on bread,cheese and snackfoods, and worst of all, feeling guilty about it afterwards.

Worst of all,my self confidence and my body image is really starting to suffer. I have found myself considering all types of weighloss, including detox diets, in a desperate attempt to be happy in my own skin again.
Furthermore, whilst I am no more than ten kilos overweight, I feel that any weightloss is impossible, as I dont seem to be able to stick to anything,as I am often disheartened from not seeing results quickly.

Im really hoping that by finally posting my own exeperiences I will be able to actively start engaging inthe support of everyone who may be feeling a similar way to me.
Feel free to share you thoughts and feelings with me
x
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wm1U6ir/]
miss-_jay

Re: So close yet so far..!

Postby Tarz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi Miss Jay and welcome. Starting up a thread on this forum does help so much. I never use to stick to a diet for more the 2 weeks but feel more accountable with a thread, people checking up on me makes me feel guilty if i am not trying and reading other peoples threads can give you so much motivation.
If your planning on running 3-4 times per week for only 30 minutes at a time why don't you do it in the morning, get up 30 minutes earlier and get it out of the way, i find if i exercise i eat better. As for the snacking and will power going out the window when yo get home, get rid of all snack foods and unhealthy food soif you do snack your forced to snack on vegies. Plan your meals, plan ahead so make your lunch the night before. You just need to get your self into a habit, i have heard it takes abbout 3 weeks to break old habits and form new ones. So you just gotta stick with it and it'll become so much easier.
I look forward to reading up on your progress.
Tarz

Postby beanie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm

Welcome!

Well you seem to have you exercise sorted! I understand about the snacking in the arvo! I get home and I wanna eat everything in sight!!! I get home earlier than H2B so I dont cook dinner till he gets home. I go to the gym now to fill in that time. So maybe if thats you downfall time, try doing you run then. Keep your mind occupied. I also find I pick as I cook, so I now either brush my teeth before I start cooking or chew chewing gum.

Good luck
BRINGING SEXY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW - 74.7kgs
CW - 73.7kgs
GW - 60-64kgs

1st mini goal-crack into the 60s by 11th Oct-besties 30th
2nd mini goal-65 by Christmas
beanie

Postby MissMinx » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Miss Jay,

Welcome to you! Thanks for sharing your story!! I put on 11.5 kgs in one year and hated it like you do! Its awful and it feels like you're never gonna get there but if you were there once before you will strive and do whatever it takes to get back there again!

I'm down to 67.8kgs and my weigh in day is every Monday morning - I want to shed the last 7.8 kilos in 10 weeks...so im hoping! i have changed everything!! A change in lifestyle is so important and the only way! Work hard for it and it will happen!

I get hungry when I get home from work too. I work in an office and find it hard to get through the day without snacking but now I've added really healthy snacks between meals like yoghurts, chic peas with cottage cheese, tuna, nuts - it keeps me going.

Once you start sheding the first 2,3,4 kilos then you'll really get the motivation to keep going all the way! Its hard at the beginning but its so worth it.

What is your weight and height?

Please let us know how you go!
Miss Minx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby miss-_jay » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 pm

thanks so much for the welcome and for the replies-im already feeling like this isnt so impossible.
is 3-4 times a week running enough? what does everyone else do?
i dont have great knees,so I used to walk-but I do feel fitter and healthier when I run!

Miss Minx-you seven kilos in ten weeks sounds ideal...as im at 67 at the moment and my goal is 60...may I ask how you have been coming along/what your meal plan and exercise plan is?
Once I get into a routine im ok-but its keeping that routine going that I find difficult.
Once again, thankyou for the responses,I feel I have come to the right place...
Now im off to read some of your inspiering threads :D
miss-_jay

Postby miss-_jay » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 pm

sorry, I meant to say I am 64 at the moment and my goal is 58...Im only 152 cms though!
miss-_jay

Postby Tarz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 am

Miss_jay, 3-4 cardio days is a greta amount bnut you also want to do some strength in there, maybe 3 cardio days and 3 strength days a week.
Tarz

Postby MissMinx » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Hey Miss Jay!
Like Tarz mentioned you will need to incorporate some strength work...even short 30min workouts but fairly intense so your body FEELS IT and then you can relax :) As for your knees, you could try using an exercise bike for your cardio and ride away which is less intense on them. I bought a bike and a treadmill and have them in the spare room along with hand weights too for strength work.

If you want PM me any questions you have about meals etc and exercise - Ive posted my plan but sometimes its hard to locate all the information bec there are so many threads!! :)

So you'd like to get down to about 58, its so achievable 6kgs!! its really not that much but persistance is the key!
Miss Minx

miss-_jay wrote:thanks so much for the welcome and for the replies-im already feeling like this isnt so impossible.
is 3-4 times a week running enough? what does everyone else do?
i dont have great knees,so I used to walk-but I do feel fitter and healthier when I run!

Miss Minx-you seven kilos in ten weeks sounds ideal...as im at 67 at the moment and my goal is 60...may I ask how you have been coming along/what your meal plan and exercise plan is?
Once I get into a routine im ok-but its keeping that routine going that I find difficult.
Once again, thankyou for the responses,I feel I have come to the right place...
Now im off to read some of your inspiering threads :D
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:32 pm

It's possible!!! You've already noticed some of the problems that you find sets you back, now it's time to put on your thinking cap and come up with a plan to combat them! getting rid of the junk is a good start, as is getting up earlier to get the exercise out of the way. You might want to stick a picture of you, or a nice bikini or something on the bread bin or fridge as a motivator. Maybe keep packet of extra strong mint chewing gum or tic tacs with you so when you catch yourself wanting to eat something you shouldn't you can chew on that - you can't eat anything over the flavour of strong mint.

Essentially this really IS about getting into a habit and routine as you say. The thing is your current routine keeps asserting itself, so when you catch it creeping back in, take that bull by the horns and just make the new routine happen. It's hard to establish, but it does get easier.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Rosie Peters » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 pm

I also have trouble with sticking to a daily food plan-I generally start the day off well, with a healthy breakfast of cereal and a piece of fruit/or piece of toast, however by 4pm when I get home I find all my willpower failing as I fill up on bread,cheese and snackfoods, and worst of all, feeling guilty about it afterwards.

Hi Miss Jay

Apart from a good breakfast, what do you eat as a morning snack, lunch and early afternoon snack?

How much water are you taking in through the day?

The right type of food through the day and enough water will cut down your cravings in the dangerous afternoon period. And then, like they say in all good horror films "Get out of the house" - rather than playing a game of willpower against the cheese lurking in the fridge :D
Rosie Peters

Return to Almost there