It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:06 am

Free Newsletter

Czarina's Journey

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Czarina's Journey

Postby Czarina » Tue May 18, 2010 6:21 pm

nothing2lose wrote:Hi Czarina

I am new here and I have been reading some of your posts. Wow!! Congratulations!! And thank you for being an inspiration. I am currently 110kgs which, as far as I can tell was your starting weight. Hopefully I can do as you have and shift these kilos before they totally ruin my life. Can I ask whether you have followed a particular plan? And how have you stuck to it for so long?

Thanks! And congrats once again :D

Nothing2lose

Thanks Nothing2lose. :)

I use www.calorieking.com.au, so counting calories, making good food choices (most of the time!) and exercising does the job! Didn't have to starve or deprive myself! Calories in Vs Calories Out. Don't want to sound like an advertisement, but, Calorie King has changed my life. :mrgreen:

I've been able to stick for it for 2 1/2 years because it is easy to stick to, sustainable and I don't go hungry. My wonderfully supportive partner is a great help, too. :D
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi missy! How's things? xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Not too bad, Fi! Kept my eating in check on the weekend, which is always a good thing!

Exercise is done for the day. Now I just need to work out what I'm going to be eating.

How are you?
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

I'm great babe! Really let loose on the weekend, had so much fun. Back into it today with Body Attack followed by Body Pump at the gym.. ouch!
Glad to hear you're back on track! :)
fi_112

Postby Soon2BSlimGirl » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:05 am

Wow, Czarina! I just discovered at one of your posts somewhere how much you have lost!!!! Congratulations!!! Do you have any tips for me? I just joined here the other day and am thankful for any advice that I can get.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3csfQ6/]
[/url]
Soon2BSlimGirl

Postby loveyourself » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:50 am

looks like your doing great czarina! ive realised that the diet and exercise that im doing at the moment would be sustainable for life. meaning i could keep doing this even after i reach my goal. granted i wouldnt have to push myself so hard with the exercise, but i feel like im in a rhythm now. is that how you feel?
Please Visit My Blog!!! http://meaningofeverythingesle.blogspot.com/

current weight: 58.5kg
goal weight: 55kg
loveyourself

Postby Czarina » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Soon2BeSlimGirl, the tips I would give you, would be to think of this as a lifestyle change, NOT a diet. You have to do something sustainable that you can keep up for the rest of your life...check out www.calorieking.com.au, it has changed my life!

Don't starve or deprive yourself, don't work out for hours a day and don't set your expectation too high. .5 - 1kg a week loss is what you should be aiming for, and when closer to goal expect even less. If you have a lot to lose, forget about the big number and set mini-goals, focus on the next 5 - 10kg...and...enjoy the journey!

Loveyourself, you are spot on. It must be sustainable, I know I will be able to maintain when I reach goal, as I have the knowledge now...I have to say I am looking forward to maintenance calories!
Czarina

Postby nothing2lose » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi Czarina,

I was hoping you could tell me whether you log your food on calorieking every day?

I have used the site quite a bit over the past couple of years for nutritional information but today is the first time I have used the food diary component. I have to say it is quite impressive.

Thanks for being such an inspiration and sharing your story with wannabes like me ;)

take care

n2l
LIVE YOUR LIFE LIKE A THIN PERSON....AND EVENTUALLY YOUR BODY WILL MATCH YOUR LIFESTYLE!

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011
nothing2lose

Postby Czarina » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 am

I do log my food everyday, except for the odd naughty day...but, otherwise every single day!
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi darling! I haven't been on the forum much lately and it doesn't look like you have either! Anyway, just saying hi, if you pop back in let me know how you're doing :) xxx
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah, I haven't been around much either! I've been pretty busy with work and life in general, of late.

I'm doing pretty well, I've been eating well (except for a naughty snack session last night - oh, well!), but haven't been able to exercise for a few weeks thanks to cruddy weather, my dodgy knee and getting sick! But, I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and the weather should be on the turn soon. Geez, I can't wait, Ballarat in winter is bloody freezing!

I think I've just decided that I'm going to go to Uni next year, which is scary...and exciting! :D

Hope you are well, Fi! xxoo
Czarina

Postby Czarina » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 am

Had a bad day yesterday. Ate far too much chocolate! I'm just finding it really hard to control myself lately. I'm good for a few days/weeks, then I just lose the plot for a day or two...the lack of exercise isn't helping either. I need the weather and my health to improve, and some decent bloody walking shoes wouldn't hurt either. The idea of blisters isn't very motivating!

Arrrrgggghhhh!
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:51 pm

How r u doing babe? Any improvements on the injury front? xx
fi_112

Postby Czarina » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Started back walking/jogging last week and my ankle didn't like it all! By Friday I could barely walk and it had swelled up to a ridiculous size. I was getting pins and needles if I stood up for any longer than a few minutes. Luckily I had the weekend off, so I had a rest. It's not so bad now, still sore, but at least I can walk! So I'm just going to ease myself back into the walking, starting off with a few days a week.

The Fiancee, the cat and I are off to Bendigo again this weekend to watch the 2010 Grand Final Mark II, with my mum and sister. Can't wait for the game, if it's anything like last Saturday's, it's going to be intense! I'm loving this, another week of footy! :D

How are you doing, Fi?
Czarina

Postby fi_112 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey babe! Thanks for the comment on my thread. How r u going? xx
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there