It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am

Free Newsletter

Only Have 8kilos to Lose Lets See If I can Do It!!!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Only Have 8kilos to Lose Lets See If I can Do It!!!

Postby Fatty » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Well I thought I'll start this week on my weightloss journey down to my 60 kilo goal. Know I haven't been to the gym in about 2yrs and have just had my second child (who is 7mth old) and if your wondering i'm only 23yrs old. My second baby was born with severe congenital heart disease and required surgery when he was only 3 days on his heart he also requires more open heart surgery. So my motivation for doing this are my two beautiful babies especially the latest edition because being healthy and fit is the only that I can be around for longer for my kids and show them a fit and healthy path towards the future. So I'm finally hoping to stick to this healthy aproach for life.
I think the last time I weighed 60 was the year I was married in 04' and haven't seen that number since. After i had my first I dropped back down to 64kilo's and that kept me satisfied but after having my second I thought I was around the 66 or 67 mark but weighed myself today and weighed in at 68.2 Kilos :x . So I am not happy about that.

Wow I didn't realise how unfit I was so when I started with the exercise 2 days ago I only managed to do 5 mins on my bike lol :lol: , then yesterday pushed it to 10, didn't realise what a real fatty I was. Although I did manage to do 100 situps and about 50 lunges and 50 squats. I think if I give it a week my cardio might pick up and i'm still waiting for my tready to arrive so we will see how it will go, I don't really have a time frame for my weightloss and and I am not being really strict with my diet but I am trying not to overeat.

Hope to get alot of motivation from everybody around here who are doing great and I'll keep updates on my lousey attempts at my cardio workouts lol and weigh-ins so wish me luck !
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Re: Only Have 8kilos to Lose Lets See If I can Do It!!!

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:34 am

Welcome and best of luck to you and of course to your little man :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Fatty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:21 am

Thanks Shalimar,
fingers crossed lol, i'm gonna have to really kick ass as I didn't realise how unfit I was.
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi there,
You dont have a HUGE amount of weight to lose and you'll get there with patience and persistance!

Stick to it and yes build up your cardio you have to work at intervals when your treddy arrives! run 1 min really fast and walk 1 min..i tried it the other night along with everything else ive been doing and boy its a great workout!! Eat properly and exercise....this is the winning combination in the end!!!

How tall are you btw?
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey MM
I'm 165cm tall. But because I haven't worked out in soo long, my god i didn't realise how unfit i was, its kinda hard and cause I'm constantly tired just looking after my kids especially my younger baby (my angel) who takes alot out of me, its kind of a stuggle to get up and do it, but i'm gonna persist, that's it i've got the motivation and I'm gonna try and stick to it lol. Although it would've been easier if i could go to the gym (i would be pushed more) but I dnt trust anyone with my baby so thats why I got all the equipment to my house :) .
Thanks for the push, its good to hear you changed your routine hope you drop in your numbers this week.
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I'm the exact same height as you.

Look at it this way..youve had two kids and you're that weight and u dont have far to go! you're like 10 steps ahead of all of us lol i havent even had any kids and Im struggling!

Keep it up seriously you'll be the hotest mum on the block heheh.

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:53 pm

hi all,
Haven't been bothering with the updates cause honesly i haven't been doing anything. No thats a lie, i actually did a couple of workouts then lazed out after that. I tend to have a habit of not finishing wat I start so this time round I intend to do just that. I've my proper eating today and im gonna try and do a bit of a workout 2nite once put the kidz to bed (because they drive you insane if you do it while they are awake) so we will see how it goes.
I think I need a good kick up the butt of motivation, and i need a goal cause i think with a goal you have a time frame and something to focus on. So I think I am gonna give myself 10 wks so just before christmas starting today, and my weigh ins will be friday mornings so hopefully ill stick to this and update 2moro on my workout and how my body feels LOL :lol:
[/url]
Fatty

Postby Fatty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Hey Miss Minx,
I hope your right and that ill be the envy of all young mums!!!!!!!!!! :P
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Fatty you have enough time before Xmas to come close to your goal at a healthy weight loss rate!

Like I wrote to you in my thread, just get it over with and then sustain your weight by making the right choices when it comes to diet and exercise - during the week be 80% good 20% you can have a bit of a treat.

What is your diet like??

Look forward to hearing from you.
MM

MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey MM,
As i wrote in your post my diet isnt specifically regimated its just really portion control and not eating after 7pm. I started this week with cuttig out my sugary lollies and snacks and also grazing and have added the extra water ill see how it it goes sunday when i weigh myself in the morning and if there is a loss then ill just stick to what im doing and up the exercise , but yeah i guess it is something to look forward to on the weekend to treat yourself to a little something, i might try that and see if i can contain myself from not having more than just a treat and not eating everything in sight afterwards lol :lol: because its a treat day, we will just have to see how it goes.
But yeah im open for all suggestions about diet and exercise.

Well just before i went to bed yesterday i was feeling so sluggish and yucky about my body even though i did really well with maintaing my diet, so i decided 10 oclock at night to do a bit of exercise even if it was just alittle, so i did about 15 min on my cross trainer 100 situps on my ab king pro and about 100 leg and thigh thingys on my leg majic machine and although i should have gone to bed so i could get enough rest to get up on my baby during the night it did feel really good to do that and i went to bed happy (as i didnt manage to exercise during the day like i planned), so overall yesterday was a good day but i intend to do a bit more today and as im just starting i expect each week to up my game. Fingers crossed
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Hehe if you dont buy it it doesnt get in your sight in the kitchen and you should be fine if its not readily available.

I make sure that once a week when I go shopping i buy a small chocolate treat that I'm gonna eat on Saturday night - my boyfriend does the same he gets the one per week and eats it at the same time as me. He doesnt put weight on so he's fine he can eat anything every day, he just wants to join me in a healthier lifestyle in general anyways.

Which lollies do you tend to eat very often??

Definitely up the exercise so that you're burning more calories during the day than consuming.

Good on you for getting yourself up and doing even just 15mins at night...the more the better but you gotta work up to that.

If I dont do more than an hour per day exercise now I dont feel a thing on my body and this running for an hour or having my treadmill inclined and powerwalking...I need to train twice a day now otherwise my body doesnt budge... horrible that I have to put myself through such hard training but the weight is dropping off slowly thats the main thing and Im sick of going backwards all the time and never want to go through this again :)

I hope that you've had a good day today! Let me know if you got time to do some training and what you did?
MM

MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am

Well have had a bad couple of days fell off the wagon as they say and did no exercise :cry: . BUT im back on that wagon today and im determined to see myself through this and have a bit of self control.
Hopped on the scale yesterday and to my shock it saids ive gone up a kilo and half when the day before that i was still sitting on 68, so i dnt know wat that means but ive decided not to weigh myself anymore and just to wat i have to do so i dnt keep getting dissapointed and just eating bad stuff insight cause i feel so down and thats so not like me to do that because im not an emotional eater i actually dnt eat when im stressed (without realising).

Hey MM,
yeah your right about not bringing it into the house and i havent bought any lollies (allens type, any of all sorts and can eat them all in one sitting lol) for about a week and a half know so im doing good like that but my hubby is suck a bad influence he grazes and snacks heaps at night and complains when there is nothing to snack on when there is nothing so the other day he brought vanilla ice cream (although 97% fat free) and chips into the house with arnotts bikkies and ive been munching on those for past couple of dayz but im gonna try and follow a 1300 to 1400 caloric diet and see how it goes.
I cnt believe all the exercise you do and the fact that you still have the energy to do it a second time when you come home from work, i wish i could find the time for all that exercise i think the trouble with me is my kids as soon as i try exercising the older one wants to jump on with me and doesnt let me exercise in peace and the baby screams his head off, and when one goes down to sleep the other wakes up :x its like a viscious cycle with me its soooooooo fustrating but right know im gonna put my 3 yr old down for his afternoon nap and ive got tae bo and thats a really good cardio strength training exercise tape (makes you sweat heaps) it goes for about 40 to 45 minutes so im gonna do that know and maybe 2nite if im not too tired i might to a bit more cardio on my cross trainer or treadmill we'll see how it goes.
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey chicky!

OMG I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT!!!!!!!! when I was around 68kgs I would weigh myself and then Id jump up a kilo or a kilo and a half! I was confused and didnt know what was going on but believe me IT PASSES again with persistance...all of a sudden the next few weeks down...the numbers start to drop! Its important not to weigh more than weekly and try to do it fortnightly especially at your stage now. Then as you're a few kgs away from your goal then go for weekly weigh ins.

LOL those damn lollies! Naughty hubby too...i ask my boyfriend to eat his snacks away from my vision so that I dont see him doing it and he's completely happy to help me out like that.

Stick to 1300 cals per day thats perfect!

I dont know how I've been exercising twice a day either...before and after work but the motivation is just there only cause now im so close.

Hahah your kids sound like a bundle of fun! could be a good thing theyre onto you, you should tackle them down into the grass outside, do a few wrestling moves on them...im sure theyre all great for calorie burning hehehe!!

Nice work on the exercise...as long as you can do 45mins to an hour each time then that is perfect for weight loss in combination with a good diet! Have some raw nuts handy especially almonds for a little snack during the day aswell as pears...theyre much lower in sugar than fruits like apples and oranges etc.

Look forward to reading about your progress this week!
MM

MissMinx

Postby Fatty » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Well today has been a really positive day actually a great and i can only focus on more days like this and have them only get better.
I managed not to snack or graze during the day (yayyyyyyyyy) and drank alot of water and had my 2 peices of fruit. I had a big breakfast so decided to skip lunch and had a nice dinner and to my suprise i didnt get hungry :).
I exercised for about 45 minutes today and really felt it afterwards but it felt great i know i had a couple of bad days recently but i feel so motivated and positive after today. I think for know im going to stick about 45 minutes of exercise and work my way up from there i dnt want to push myself too hard and get discouraged so overall really good day.

Hey MM,
Its good to know im not the only going through the whole weight thingy and its good to know you went through the same thing around the same weight i guess it just means that it could be fluid (im not discouraged anymore yayyy :) ). And yes your right those damn lollies and VERY naughty hubby lol, but ive been good for an odd couple of weeks with the lollies and sugary stuffvlike that but i really do feel know i can do it i think you just need to find that motivation to do it cause if you dnt have it you just cant do be bothered and find every excuse under the son not to get started with your weightloss.
As for my beautiful monstors lol (thats what i call them cause i have to boys) i dnt think i can exercise more than 1 hour a day cause they keep me on my feet 24 hrs a day hahaha.
Yeah i think im gonna stick to 1300 calories a day and if weight doesnt budge maybe do 1200 cals a day anyway will keep you updated
have a good weekend.
[/url]
Fatty

Postby Fatty » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:09 pm

Well the last couple of days have been good to me, ive done really well sticking to the exercise and diet and im really happy about that, but ive decided not to weigh myself on sunday im going to do it next sunday maybe ill have reasonable weightloss lol. As im probably posting msg to myself and nobody else is Im actually just starting to think of it as a progress diary so i think thats cool and a motivationer to keep me going.
My nephews birthday party is 2moro and theres gonna be takeaway for lunch i really dnt know what to do there will be chicken and pizza and i dnt know if i should not eat dinner cause of the clories contents of the lunch or if i should take my own lunch with me :oops: i dnt know wat to do????
[/url]
Fatty

Next

Return to Almost there