It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

jooska begins

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

jooska begins

Postby jooska » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:00 pm

hello there...
i'm just beginning my journey. i'm starting out a 70kg which i haven't been at in a number of years so i'm not too happy at the moment! :x i reckon that about 75% of my wardrobe i can't fit into, so rather than purchase more clothes i want to fit into all my funky ones again (plus i don't have the moula)! I'm 5'7" so i'm aiming for 62kg and then i'll see how i look. i really want to fit into a bikini this summer (i'm aiming for Jan) as my partner loves the beach but i'm dreading wearing anything other than i tracksuit anywhere! :lol: I just joined the gym again and i've bought a couple of healthy eating cookbooks to make things a bit more interesting than just tuna and salad. does anyone have any healthy snack ideas? i have plenty of recipes for main meals but what about inbetween? at the moment i'm stuck with air popped popcorn and hommus dip with carrot and celery sticks...yum but will get boring after a while im sure!

jooska
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSdIg5D/]
[/url]
jooska

Re: jooska begins

Postby Jisgone » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 pm

welcome along :)
i think theres loads of healthy snack ideas in the diet section of the site
but i love...

carrot sticks with a mini tub of light french onion or smoked salmon dip
popcorn - minus the butter
muesli bars
forme yogurt
fresh fruit
crackers with some vegemite
cuppa soup (lots of sodium tho)
rice crackers
jarrah chocolatte
cadbury furry friends (chocolate fix)
berry and yogurt smoothies
diet creme caramel nestle desert thingies

thats all i can think of :)
Jisgone

Postby Fatty » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Jooska,
Ive just started as well this is my second week, tried starting bout a month ago but lost all motivation, but im back on track know and kicking a$$, i hope you can maintain your motivation and keep going on your weightloss journey and you dnt have much to lose. I'm sure if you go down your goal weight you will look fantastic in your bathers by summer because of your height. Dnt forget you should only be having snacks twice a day (morning tea + afternoon tea)
And you can alternate with what you have suggested with fruit and Ryvita biscuits topped with a slice of cheese, tomato and cucumber on top theyre yummy. Also Country cup soup is very yummy and low in fat and calories as a pick me up or a just before dinner thing.
Anyway goodluck .
Fatty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby MissMinx » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 am

- Boiled eggs are great, but only having one yolk
- Chic peas with low fat cottage cheese
- Small handful almonds
- Vita wheets with cottage cheese, cucumber (yum)
- Can of butter beans are nice to have

Good luck!

MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby jooska » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:28 pm

thanks for the ideas, i'll add them into my diet diary...and i'll check out the diet and nutrition forums too (just found those) :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSdIg5D/]
[/url]
jooska

Postby Aims21 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Hi Jooska,
I am in the same boat as you, currently 69.6 and seem to be stuck at that!
My goal is 60kg. (I was there once, can do it again!)
I am finding it difficult to know what and when to eat also, but have found that nuts are a great snack, and also rice crackers with hommus are really filling.
I find that I am constantly thinking about my weight and food and it is not enjoyable!
Just keep working out and watching what we eat....We will get there!!!
Aimee
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnGjz3G/]
[/url]
Aims21

Return to Almost there