It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

QUESTION FROM A NEWBIE

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

QUESTION FROM A NEWBIE

Postby littleway68 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi All, Well I have 5 annoying kilos I want to loose before I think I will be at my ultimate goal. Overall I have lost about 25kg, but these last few are beginning to be a strain.
Just wondering if anyone else had/is having this problem...... I`m sure it`s not my imagination. I have lost friends because I have lost weight!!! I`m not one to get around bragging about my weight loss or constantly talk about things associated with it, so it`s not like I have changed or am boring them. It`s like I`ve been outed from the group for not being overweight! Anyone else found a few people with negative attitudes towards your weight loss??
PUT DOWN THE CHOCOLATE...STEP AWAY FROM THE FRIDGE!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP2JbNm/]
[/url]
littleway68

Re: QUESTION FROM A NEWBIE

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:18 pm

Not sure how to tackle the extra 5kg to go...
But congrats on the weight loss so far! It's brilliant news!

I got a few close friends not much of a big crowd pleaser...
But they tell me wen to shut up about dieting and stuff, they knw I want to do it tho, so they are happy for me, well at least I think they are...
warriorsgirl

Postby matchbox » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:15 pm

my supposed best friend stopped talking to me for no apparant reason at all... when talking to other friends about it, the first thing they say is 'jealousy - cos yu've lost weight' (and she's put it on). great friend there huh??

best of luck on the last few kils - you're right they're always the hardest!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Kristy89 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 pm

littleway - I know exactly what you're going through!
It seems we are in similar situations.. I have lost about 23 kilos so far and up to the last 5 or 6 kg. It is so so so hard. You have to be really hard on yourself. Im at about 63kg and aim to get to 58, then hopefully 56.
And I deifnitely know what you mean about the friend thing. Right now my goal is to lose weight, so eat healthy and go to the gym. And I actually love going to the gym. But my friends dont get it. They know i treat myself on weekends, and eat well during the week, yet they still ask me to go have mcdonalds and stuff with them for lunch.. or they ask me to come do things at the time of day when they KNOW i go to the gym. I feel guilty if I miss a gym session so I make it my priority. Dont get me wrong, I love seeing my friends, but generally if they ask me to do something, ill tell them sure but I want to get my gym session out of the way first. But I feel like theyre looking down on me. Or if I catch up with them, sometimes ill pack my own healthy lunch while they eat out and I feel like theyre looking down on me then too. Since I started losing weight I have become so distant from my friends because they are all very big people and just stuff their faces with crap, like i used to. But thats it.. i USED to. I wish they could respect my lifestyle, like i respect theres. its just so hard.
START:85kg
CURRENT:61.5kg
GOAL:60kg

ULTIMATE GOAL: 58kg
Kristy89

Return to Almost there