It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am

Free Newsletter

8.9kg to go!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

8.9kg to go!

Postby wannabeslim » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:06 am

ok im aiming to loose 8.9kg.
i will use this as my daily diary of exercise, food intake and general thoughts.
feel free to discuss, comment and just say hi!

today i went to the gym and did 35min lower body weights, which include:
3x 40 walking lunges
3x 25 squats
3x 15 leg presses (machine)
3x 15 leg adductors (machine)
2x 45 sec planks
3x 20 leg lifts (machine) (for abs)

then i went and did a 6.5km run around the lake near where i live. for the first 5.5km i was running at quite a good pace. i felt fast but i could still cope with the speed. the last km i really went for it and gave my legs a good stretch.
it was lovely! so refreshing!

right now im training for a half marathon so tomorrow i have to go for a 9km run
next week i will start timing myself.

today i have consumed:
1 glass of warm water with half a freshly squeezed lemon
lots of water (by the end of the day i drink 3 litres without fail so i wont bother mentioning it)
green tea (usually have 3-4 cups a day)
1 protein shake with water for my muscles (i get way to sore if i do weight work and dont have a protein shake after. and YES i do stretch!! :D )
2 weetbix with hilo milk & canned sliced peaches

i feel great. a little tired and my but is a bit sore, but i like that feeling! :D

need to do my pilates tonight
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Re: 8.9kg to go!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 am

Wow. That's a huge amount of exercise. Good luck with the half marathon training! I'm sure you'll get to goal in no time at all with an exercise routine like that!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wannabeslim » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 am

thanks EvilWombatQueen (and may i say i love your screen name! :D )
yeah i really like running outdoors so it doesnt seem hard for me. especially this morning it was lovely and cool!

[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:46 am

LOL. I'm guessing you don't live where I live then! We're in the middle of a heat wave right now and I don't think it got below 30 last night. I don't think I'd survive a run in the heat right now!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wannabeslim » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm

yeah i live in wa, its nice too see adelaide and victoria is copping some of the heat we got in early jan! although it was never 40deg for more than 1 day!
its going to be 30deg today. im getting used to the hot weather. if it goes down to 25 i think i might start needing a jumper!

[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby MissMinx » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Wannabeslim,

Your regime sounds great I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time. Great diet too by the sounds of it! What do you eat for dinner lets say?

How tall are you in cm's?

I'm in Melbs too like Evilwombatwoman and its just a disaster. Today I finish work at 2pm cause they gave us an option to start at 7am and finish at 2pm bec of the heat so i took it up! cant wait to get outta here but im dreading catching the train home and then walking through 43 degrees..

Anyways has your goal weight always been that? Have you ever been at your goal weight?

Take it easy!
MissMinx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby wannabeslim » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:49 pm

hi missminx

thanks for your encouragement! yeah my diet is pretty good but sometimes i fall off the wagon and when i fall i fall HARD. but i feel like ive been doing pretty well this year and eating healthy has become easier for me.

a typical day would be
breakfast: 2 weetbix, hilo milk & peaches
morning tea: (if im hungry) yougurt, or fruit, or almonds
lunch: tuna and salad
afternoon tea: yougurt, or fruit, or almonds
dinner: stirfrys, or meat with veg, or something healthy (i try to make it low carb. why would you need carbs if your just sleeping anyway?)

poor you, at least i can go from an airconditioned office to an airconditioned car. (which i still complain about! :D )

i dont think ive ever been at my goal. maybe when i was a young teenager cause i didnt weigh myself then. my goal is flexible. i just want to be super fit, run a marathon and look great in a bikini. (im going to bali in june!)

by the way im 169cm

so have you been your goal weight? what are your other goals?

have a great day!

much love, wannabeslim

[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby MissMinx » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Wannabeslim,

Sounds great!! Do you think with how far you want to get down with your weight that you'll need to incorporate a little bit more carbs around lunchtime just at times? If I dont have mountain bread or some sort of wholemeal bread around lunch time I get headaches and cant function with all the training.

Wow run marathons etc you sound so keen - me personally i just wanna get to my goal weight (again) and just maintain it.

Funny you should say Bali - I went there in Nov last year and I was losing weight towards it started at 71.5kgs and got down to 62.8kgs and was quite happy with the way I looked and only being 2.8kgs away form my goal. Ive been 60kgs before but didnt maintain it and put all the weight on in a year. You can take a look at my thread under "Almost There" and theres heaps of stuff about what I was doing pre Bali and also my photos in Bali on Page 11. Ive put on about 3kgs since then and gettin ready to shake them off again.

Wow you're 169cm you're slightly taller than me at 165cm - do you realise how tiny you'll be at 54kgs? lol have you ever been 60kgs? when i was 60 I loved my body even 59 would have great but nothing less for me - dunno everything I wore was fantastic and including a bikini I was very happy with my body everything just sat where it was suppose to sit.

God I feel like $hit this morning - I'm getting that time of the month on Tues and everything is bloated - my bo*bs feel massive and have expanded YUK! the rest of me feel yuk too.. i just had some breakfast and looking to go upstairs on my treadmill for an 8km run and then again in the arvo - its the only way ill feel better is if I move my as*.

Over to u.
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Return to Almost there