It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Court is ALMOST where? :)

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Court is ALMOST where? :)

Postby court » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 am

Im back!!! And i feel completely liberated!!

I wont be too tedious but I will explain my two weeks Jenny Free! :) We shopped on our first day, bought cereal and salad, healthy sanwich meats and wraps, apples, bananas, lots of soda water, diet soft drinks, vodka, and a block of cadbury (im on HOLIDAYS!)... So the idea was to eat breaky and lunch at home and then out for dinner most nights!
We ate out two breakfasts out of 14, i had muesli once and fetta scrambled eggs with rocket and tomato salad (mmmmmmm).... ate lunch out a few times I can remember having lamb skewers with greek salad, and maybe sushi once and a chicken salad.... but most lunches were salad wraps etc!
Dinners, ok so we went out for all sorts of things but I mostly tried to have "grilled" options, if we went to curry houses I had dhal, lots of salads, had fish and chips on the beach one night but went for grilled fish...if we went out drinking i stuck to vodka soda or vodka diet coke but only really drank two nights :)
Did lots and lots of walking and one beach run, a lot of surfing and a bit of bike riding...Most important thing is I did not at any stage feel deprived of anything - I had a beautiful coffee everyday etc etc.
When I got home the scales said I lost 1/2 kg! One thing I would have changed I should have drunk more water - on the beach I found I took down one 600ml bottle and would spend the day down there so I am feeling super dehydrated but I seriosuly think it was a great break and I am more than ready to jump back on..
Last nigth at my "official" weigh in I had put on 400gms but I am ok with that...I just am not afraid of the time when I tackle this on my own at some point!!!

Another piece of good news, I chatted with my consultant last night and I am back up to 6400kjs... *breathes a huge sigh of relief*..To get up this morning and have cereal, a banana AND toast on my "to eat" list was great!! I didnt eat it all but will save some for the 3.30pm monster that generally hits at work!! No more binge eating for me!!!! :)
Reason my calories have jumped up is that I am now in 5 sporting teams, plus my gym commitments and intermittent bike riding I think my body was eating ITSELF on 1200cals!! Ok enough from me so happy to be back and back into routine!!! :D
court

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

you sound so happy court i'm really glad u feel 'liberated'. I'm actually going to do some nutrition counselling at my gym which they give u advice and food plans and what not i have a free one so i will see how it is. It will be interesting to hear what they say.

Its so great you are making the right food choices subconciously, it probably has something to do with you having correct portion sizes and stuff from what you learnt at JC.

I hope i can be as successful as you one day, at the moment i'm still struggling with finding the balance between exercise and eating. The exercise part is easy i love it, the food part isn't so easy. Oh well :shock:

Stay well xo
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby court » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:26 am

nutrition counselling sounds great CC! Sounds like you have a really good gym not just one that is out for your $ :shock:
Well now I dont need to worry about the subconscious for a little while cos Im back on the JC and I must admit I am happier for it for now. Lowest weight I have been on this endeavour is 65.8kgs...when I got back I weighed in officially at 67.9kgs and this morning I was 67kgs which I am ok with! I really think I will be more than happy to just hit 64kgs! Anything under that would just be an added bonus!
I am the same as you though - the exercise is easy - it is the food! And I have worked out that for me personally this is 70% about food and 30% about exercise... I can work my BUTT off for a week and not lose if I am nibbling at the extras... which is annoying!!! U will get there it is all about persistence!! And I knoew all about the "ups" and "downs" and the "I cant be bothered with this" days all balance out witht hose good weeks when you lose weight!!
Good luck x
court

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:03 am

it definately is about the ups and downs and i cant be bothereds at the moment!! lol. As soon as assessment period is over i'll start being more careful with my food, with the silly season coming up and all :)

Yeah i'm going to check out the nutrition and see what they say. Its like having a PT its great when u can get someone else to kind of figure it out for u, and all u have to do is follow it :)

Me too!! if i'm not almost 100% on my food i put the weight on, i guess its about increasing that lean muscle mass and your metabolsim. I seem to have been born with a slow one :roll: :wink: hehe
candycane

Postby court » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:43 pm

I just read your post on your page CC you sound so super confident and ready to jump back on the wagon!!! KUDOS to you!!!

On another note im thinking about doing my cert 3 and 4 in Personal Training soon... alongside my full time work... I would love some thoughts? What do you guys think? Very much up in the air at the moment :D
court

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:31 pm

thanks darl. i have to realise that i need to go back to the old way - and not try to employ too many new ways! I think once exam period is over it will be much much easier for me because i will have a structured working routine to go back to, u know, work, gym, home, bf, friends, repeat.

I think its a good idea, provided you will use the certification. I think if you would like a career in nutrition and exercise it would be a good idea. I think its also a good idea to knwo about the body and how it works - out of interest sake. I have friends who have done the course and not gone on to purely nutrition/exercise careers but i think they got a lot out of the course. I guess it depends on whether you think u have enough time and energy to study at night or by correspondence. What are your thoughts?
candycane

Previous

Return to Almost there