It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:54 am

Free Newsletter

A week in....9 to go???

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

A week in....9 to go???

Postby longy » Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Guys, newbie here just thought I'd post so it all seems a bit more real :)

So I'm about a week into THIS particular weight loss journey. Unlike the other journeys I've been on, I already have a plan set out- week by week including promises and things to work on each week. This week I'm focussing on remembering to drink water and to eat dinner earlier to avoid 'heavy' snacking when I might as well just have my meal at 6pm and a cup of tea at 8.30pm instead of a sandwich or leftovers at 6 and dinner at 8.30!!!!

I already know all the rules- have studied nutrition and am very capable of being an active person, but until now I've needed motivation. I'm a teacher and so I've decided that this 10 week term is the perfect time to try and lose the weight I've gained over the last few months- how on earth does it creep on so quickly????? Hopefully at the end of 10 weeks, I'll have changed my habits enough that a healthy living plan (HATE dieting!!!!) is a pleasure rather than a chore - as I know it should be.

This is a great site people! Lots of inspirational stories and positivity!!! Thanks for being part of my journey! Please feel free to push me!!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Re: A week in....9 to go???

Postby MissMinx » Sat May 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi chicky!
We're in the same boat! Read my recent post on my thread about what Ive done in the past 2 weeks and Ive dropped almost 2kgs in just over 2 weeks.. from 67 to 65.2! Keep up the good work...Im right there with ya to 60kgs! cant wait! I NEED a designer pair of jeans this winter!!!! heheh

Cheers
Miss Minx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby longy » Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi MM!!!
Yay for you for the last couple of weeks! I think the regular eating of small portions is key when you're exercising- you're doing a terrific job! I'll be looking at your progress for motivation- no pressure! :P :wink:

Yup, magic number is 60kgs but I'm also mindful that I might not make it- I would simply like to fit back into my favourite clothes for winter and stop creeping into "I need to buy new clothes" phase! Ultimate goal would be a shiney new sixpack stomach...HAhahaha....it's nice to dream!

Good luck MM- chat anytime!
K x
[/url]
longy

Postby BondGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Your plan sounds sensible :) and wit your nutritional knowledge your half way there. The motivational part is the hardest. I've just had a week off from exercise due to foot injuries and i've lost all my good intentions of eating right. When I exercise I'm in a much better place. I wish you luck for your 9 week challenge. I'll pop in to see how you are going. I'm also aiming for the nice flat tummy :)
BondGirl

Postby MissMinx » Tue May 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Hey longy,

I didnt lose anything last week but I think thats due to a bit of a naughty wkd but its still not a gain so Im happy about that. This week from yesterday I've been fantastic! I just finished dinner, lightly pan fried some fresh calamari (120g) with a nice side salad (with some chic peas chucked in there) and finished off with 2 cups of decaffinated green tea. It feels good and the earlier I lay in bed for example about 9.30pm and stay in bed and watch tv, the better because Im not so close to the pantry to go hunting for any late night snacks after dinner hehehe! Im tucked away upstairs nicely ;) Its worked well for me for the last 2.5 weeks.

Me too longy, I have my nice 60kg clothes that I fitted into and I cant wait to get them out again and hopefully for good this time cause Im sick of moving 5, 6, 7 kgs away from my goal weight...its just too much gain from 60kgs and I'm getting sick and tired of this draining feeling of having to start again... grrr!

Anyways all is good, I'm determined to get there as much as you so good luck to us! Keep going as I will too! Push yourself that little inch extra when working out..over time this will help heaps.

MMxo

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby longy » Wed May 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Heya Minxy!

I didn't lose anything last week either!!! Usually this would put me into a bit of a sulk, but I'm determined to see the 10 weeks through (Although I guess it's only 8 now??? :shock: ) Maybe I should make it 20 weeks! I have noticed though, that my legs are toning up a little and I'm getting stronger in my arms when lifting stuff, so that's a good sign...I just want my tummy to get in on the game! Finding it difficult at the moment to eat smaller portions, I'm so hungry at the end of a physical say that I let my eyes rule my stomach...my problem is that I never get full!!! Trying to bulk my meals up with veggies, soup or salad, and doing just that little bit extra during work outs.

You go girl- keep your eye on your prize and you'll get there! Thanks for the motivation darlin, hope I can give some to you!
Go hard this week!!!!!
K x
[/url]
longy

Postby MissMinx » Thu May 14, 2009 11:41 am

Hey chicky,

YES! same here there are little changes in my body that I'm noticing in the mirror, i.e. thighs are a tad better, arms trimmer, color bones, boobs are getting a bit smaller, and my waist is starting to draw in a little.

Actually that reminds me I'm going to get my bf to start measuring me from tonight and I'll take measurements every week just to see how I'm going in that respect. My clothes are feeling slightly better.

I understand you...the food is hard especially during weekdays is that hardest for me when I see ppl eating at work whatever they like etc all the time.. I get the hungriest whilst at work and on weekends i find it easier for some reason. Good move filling up on veggies, salad, soup (homemade is best so you can control the sodium content). I bring in chopped up carrots to work and have them in the arvo...they eventually fill me up because I get so bored of them lol. I dont know what to tell you other than we can survive on small meals through the day..nothing will happen to us its all in the mind unfortunately :( keeping busy and drinking lots of water and green tea throughout should keep the mind off food to some extent.

Thanks for your reply! and yes you've inspired me knowing we're in the same boat!!

What are your dinners like at night time...what are you having lately?

MM :)

MissMinx

Postby longy » Fri May 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Weekends are my worst- work time is easy as I'm so busy and it's an active job, so it's all good. I've found that when I eat with hubby I give myself a larger portion (so it's 'fair' :lol: ) He's about a foot taller and 40 kilos heavier though, so I have to stop doing that!!!! We actually eat pretty well, it's just the AMOUNT.

Dinners usually consist of rice or pasta (brown and wholegrain) with a bucketload of vegies and some or tofu or egg. Lately we've also been making pizzas with the large pita breads- problem with those is although they're packed with healthy ingredients, they are so delicious that I (again) end up eating way more than I need to! It always happens!!! I'm conscious of keeping my energy levels up, and in the afternoons I often have a muesli bar or something- well, last week I bought a packet of trailmix thinking it would do me four days (I bought 200g worth). Oh my goodness, 10 mins after opening the thing, the whole lot was gone!!!!!!!! Over a meals worth of calories gone in a snack!!! I won't be buying them again...have decided on snack portions of yoghurt instead.

So anyway, I figure recognition of a problem is half the battle! On a good note, hubby and I usually sit down with a packet of chippies and watch the footy show on the Thurs night. Last night I said a firm 'no' to the chippies, and thankfully didn't feel like I was missing out at all. A win :D

Good luck this weekend MM, hope its an easy one! I'm on a course this week, so miss 2 days of the gym- and won't be able to catch up until thursday- wish me luck!
[/url]
longy

Postby MissMinx » Fri May 15, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey Longy,

Yes the portions are so hard to control even when theyre on the 'healthier' side you tend to eat more and in your mind think..yeah this is fine I'll be fine.. I think mentally when you're eating, enjoy every single mouth full as if its your last. Then as soon as the tummy starts to feel fullish then its time to stop..and you have to tell yourself you've eaten its time to stop and you'll eat again real soon..

Seriously its all about control.. I think exactly how you're feeling.

Over time when you train yourself to stop eating 'bigger' portions you become use to it and you can stop yourself going over a lot easier than in the past. Its true because I went to Bali in Nov last yr and got down to 62.8kgs and my prior training and diet was really good..i couldnt eat big meals nor did I want to..I enjoyed what I had in front of me and I portioned controlled everything. When you start to see results in your body weeks after weeks after weeks, then you train yourself to become better with food.

Good luck this week even though you're having a few days off from training... remember what I said above and remember I'm going through the same thing as you ;)

MM

MissMinx

Postby longy » Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am

AARRRGH....I haven't lost a single decimal point in 2 weeks.... i'm exercising 4-6 times a week, I've made my portions smaller and I'm drinking heaps of water. I know my diet is healthy- browns instead of whites, 2 fruits, 5 vegies, small portions of meat or protein... I know I've toned up a little, but it would be nice to see those scales move just a bit as well. I don't want to count calories as in the past I've been obsessive, what else can I do? Frustrated!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!!
K x
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm

hey longi,

i think mainly its a selfcontrol thing. What i do is bring everything i will eat for the day to work, pre packaged - for example today snacks: MT: muffin bar/mandarin. AT: small nestle yoghurt tub (half size) and a snack pack of popcorn. That way i wont go overboard.

If you buy trail mixes buy the ducks nuts packs because they come already portioned for you. And make sure they fit into your calories, although nuts are great for you, and its good fat, they are still at the end of the day high in fat so you don't want to eat too much.

I use calorie king and set my nutritional targets (ie carb 150g, protein 140g, fat 40g or less) sometimes i don't quite reach the goals or go over but the planning helps a lot. I can see where everything is coming from, and plan what to eat for the next day based on calories and nutritional goals. I limit my carbs at night time and try to eat them close to a work out. It's all a science :P

unless you record everything you put in your mouth, the amount, and the calories etc won't really know where your problem areas are. Once you figure that out you'll have a better idea of why you aren't loosing weight :)

good luck tc
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby longy » Thu May 21, 2009 8:47 am

YAY!!! I finally lost something!!! 800g aint too bad and it's good to finally see those scales moving. I have been more in control of my portions this week- allocating certain containers or crockery for different meals, seems so silly, but seems to be working. Have been working hard at drinking water, and have even foregone chocolate this week. My treat night is Friday night when Hubby and I go to see Angels and Demons - Popcorn comes as part of the ticket, and the oversized soft drink... so will have to be careful as we're going out for dinner as well- I think I can do it!

Meanwhile, have had an active week at work, and have been looking after sick hubby as well, so doing his normal jobs like bringing in the firewood etc- extra weights :D I haven't been able to make it into the gym so far this week but dug out a couple of Jillian Michaels 25 min workouts and have been doing those in my work breaks... only 25 mins, but gee i work up a sweat!! I get to go in tonight and am planning to smash some cals on the treadmill :lol:

Big smile on my face now, it's good to see some results! New pair of jeans here I come! :mrgreen:
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Thu May 21, 2009 11:51 am

congrats thats an awesome loss you should be really proud of yourself :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Thu May 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Go longy! fantastic loss indeed!

Keep smiling its all uphill from here now with your extra new motivation after this week!!

Well done

MM

MissMinx

Postby longy » Fri May 22, 2009 1:25 pm

I looked up calorie king today- how often do you guys fill in your entries? every meal? I'm figuring I can get a good idea in a week or so of how much I'm eating and how I'm doing, it's recommended 1520 cals for me- I don't know if that's a lot or a little!!! I don't know if it's going to be right for me, but I'm working things out!
[/url]
longy

Next

Return to Almost there