It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

A week in....9 to go???

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A week in....9 to go???

Postby candycane » Fri May 22, 2009 2:55 pm

basically i fill out my meal plan the day before i eat it, every single thing i want to eat or drink i put in.You'd be suprised how many calories for example are in a skim soy coffee from starbucks or gloria jeans or whatever (around 120 for a small), it can be easy to get up to that 1500 cals :) i do a lot of training and aim for 1500 calories (as reccommended by a dietician at the gym) i found it helped my weight loss.
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby longy » Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 am

Pretty proud of myself I must say- yesterday was my treat day, where I'd basically allowed myself whatever I felt like ...the great thing is, I didn't feel like putting on much weight this weekend, so I stayed away from all the things I thought I'd be wanting!!! I tested myself a bit too- Hubby and I went out for dinner and a movie, ITALIAN!!! Yummo, carb addict right here, looking at all of the yummy pastas and pizzas and creamy risottos...and I chose the swordfish with vegetables! I'm sure there was a bit of oil in the cooking, but it was a much healthier choice than all the yummies I could have sabotaged myself with!!! Oh, I also resisted the garlic bread, and hubby commented that I really am doing well. Next was the movie, and a small drink and popcorn come with the ticket. I have to confess I had the popcorn, and I rationalised that I had done two exercise sessions, AND skipped the garlic bread :lol: Had a pepsi max as my drink and enjoyed the movie!

So I'm proud of myself that on a day where I'd decided I could have whatever I wanted, the only real 'treat' I had was a small popcorn!!! And after spending the whole week chocolate free (usually a block a week girl) I think that's ok :P

Hope everyone is doing great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Mon May 25, 2009 10:08 am

BUMMER!!! Hubby has had man-flu for the past week, and I think it's mutated into it's female form and taken residence in my body! :x NOT FAIR!!! I'm so motivated, but wondering if I should push myself exercise wise and risk falling into a big snotty-nosed heap by the end of the week. On a good note, I've been doing so well with my diet and water intake, apart from the head-cold, I'm feeling so terrific. Hopefully the extra intake of veggies will make sure this cold doesn't stay for too long.

How was everybody's weekend?
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Mon May 25, 2009 10:57 am

ive just been reading through your posts Longy! very similar! especially when you were talking about your meal out!! I dont feel like eating the rubbish foods is WORTH it anymore! So even when I find myself in the situation of this choice or THIS choice - i find i am making the correct ones! Man I miss chocolate at the moment though.. :shock:
Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
court

Postby longy » Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 am

ugh....i hate feeling like crap! but it's not TOO bad, hubby seemed to have it worse than I do! I just don't feel like exercising much at the moment though, but thankfully, I don't feel like eating much either :D Yesterday was spent in airports an I avoided all of the temptations, even the bickies and cheese on the flights- ended up having a couple of apples and a subway salad- then a piece of fish when I got to my destination ...am visiting my brother and sis-in-law and meeting my new niece for the first time, so had a little drink last night- thankfully my bro is supportive of healthy living (he's a dieter!) and so understood when I said that one was enough...mind you that one was a shot of johnny walker blue label!!! I wouldn't have minded having another :lol: (no wonder he was supportive when i said no more!)

Can't wait to feel more energised, I'm still motivated to do well, and am looking forward to kicking butt!!!

Court- have eaten NO chocolate? I'm up to TWO weeks!!!! Am at the stage where I'm scared to have a [piece in case I eat the whole block!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Wed May 27, 2009 11:58 am

Oh nice work!!
No i have eaten chocolate in the last few months...but not a huge amount! I had a multi pack of little club slivers a while back! mmm but they dont stock them at my grocery store anymore! I had a Mars Red once and I think easter i had a lindt bunny and a few small eggs! But other than those things not too much choccie!! I love it so much though far out! :roll:
I try to hold out until i cant think of anything else BUT that and then buy a little bit hehe
court

Postby longy » Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 pm

it doesn't take me very long to think only of chocolate....or chippies and who wrote that thread about chocolate covered chippies? I'm so glad the parking at my Aldi's is atrocious, otherwise I'd be in there!!!

I'm feeling better this morning, so went for a half hour run, and then walked back- no idea how far it was, but got 60mins up on the clock. I'll see how I'm feeling later on and I might go again, it felt good to be out doing something!

Had a great opportunity to sabotage myself with beef and reef last night- nice buttery/creamy seafood sauce on a steak with chips...ugh, I think I should be given a matyr badge or something...took the steak and garden salad (mind you I did dip into some diane sauce...it was dip!!!)went slightly over calories, (70) but for being away from home, I'm pretty proud, especially with all of the temptations! My brother is on ATkins at the moment, so there are lots of yummy low-carb, high-cal treats around :roll:
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Thu May 28, 2009 6:44 pm

well done that would have been difficult! sorry about the choccie chippies :oops: funny thing is everyone on here loves the sound of it and me and my friend were looking at it going how weird is that! lol!!
candycane

Postby Amethyst » Fri May 29, 2009 12:53 am

There's a site one of the girls put u if you want to calculate your walk/run

http://www.runningahead.com/maps

Hope it helps
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby longy » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 am

Amythest that's brilliant! Thanks!!! Turns out I had a very good estimate! I ended up going out twice yesterday, just because I had excess energy- the first time I went out was 8km exactly (whaaaa????? built in GPS!!!) and the second was 5km- now I'm proud! :D I'll be using tha tool a bit, what a great find!

CC- haha, that's ok, when I first saw it I thought "how strange" and now in my chocolate and chippie deprived state I'm thinking how great it would be! (still adjusting obviously!). I actually succumbed and had a lindt ball last night- I was well within my calories after my 13km! Can't believe I stopped at one!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 am

Chocolate Chips?!?! EWWW hahaha...unless they are those wafer thin pieces of chocolate that look like pringles...my god I have seen those before and they look sooooo decadent! haha sorry lets not speak of chocolate again :wink: :lol:
court

Postby candycane » Fri May 29, 2009 11:23 am

LOL no they looked like smiths chips covered in chocolate. i'm almost tempted to buy them just for a try :)

mmmm lindt balls are my fave! :) it would be hard to stop at one :oops: hehe
candycane

Postby Gordz » Fri May 29, 2009 11:46 am

omg white lindt balls.

i haven't thought of chocolate for years until you said that.

:evil:
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby longy » Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 pm

oooo Gordz....white lindt balls YUMMO!!! I think we should put a stop to the chocolate obsession that is invading all of our threads!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Everywhere I look there is more of it! I'm back home now and there are conveniently 2 blocks of cadbury choc in the fridge (right where I left them 2-3 weeks ago) and....you guessed it, all of this talk has led me straight to it! Apart from being angry at the new packaging and size of the pieces (and the new recipe, does it need that much oil? IO'm switching to dark next block) I'm very angry now that I've started with CK and realised that my lunch had less calories than 6 pieces of choc!!! And there was a not-to-distant-past time where I would be eating a lot more than 6 pieces!!!! Luckily Hubby and I went to the gym tonight and I had half hour on the elliptical trainer and than another half hour on the treadmill (I love that it's not a hugely busy gym, my old gym you were limited to 10mins a machine) - lots of ab work on the floor and a lot of stretching, I haven't been stretching as much as I should be, so one of my new goals is to incorporate at least 20 mins stretch into every day (10 in AM and PM, or 10 before and after exercise).

Eating is going relatively well...no huge blowouts, Hubby commented on my reduced sized boobies tonight - poor thing, if I ever become a super fit psycho for life I think I'll get some fakies :D Am nervous about weigh in on Sunday, don't FEEL like I've lost anything, we'll see won't we??!
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:00 pm

ok, so i WAS doing well, and I've had a couple of setbacks- chippies again, and then today we went to see one of my wonderful neighbours- called beforehand, apparently just enough time for her to bake some scones before we turned up. I'm no sweet tooth, I'm really not, but this woman is pure CWA and the only person whose cooking I can't resist. At least it was scones and not slice!!!!! :lol:

Ah well, comforting myself with the 80/20 rule and recognising that this is a long-haul journey and sometimes I'm going to have treats. My immediate goal might be a little further off, but gee I loved that cup of tea with scones this afternoon!

My main meals have been good though, and I've been wary of getting enough veggies and have been eating 2 pieces of fruit a day. Mandarins and Fujis rock my world!!!
[/url]
longy

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there