It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:28 am

Free Newsletter

A week in....9 to go???

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A week in....9 to go???

Postby longy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

One of the things I've already loved about this forum is my intro to calorieking!!! And a flow on from that is that from reading other people's posts I now have an idea of the different brands and calories for each one. I'd never even looked that the yoplait forme yoghurts before, always buying the same yoghurt every week. Now I'm reading labels again, and I'm feeling good for it (although I think hubby is getting sick of me calling out how many calories are in each meal). I'm still learning, and am sometimes surprised when I log my meals in to find that something I thought was high/low in cals is actually the opposite! I'm very pleased to know that my bread (Country life organic rye) is quite low and assuming I fill it with a bit of salad and protein, it keeps my lunch at about 300 cals.

So today I'm back on the wagon:
:arrow: I can't give up my oatbrits for brekky, and can't eat regular weetbix...so oatbrits, and skim for brekky with a black coffee (no sugar in the coffee anymore!!!)
:arrow: Pink salmon and spinach sandwich on rye with mayonnaise and avocado
:arrow: Snacks so far have been a mandarin and a yoghurt and heaps of water
:arrow: Dinner tonight will be a tofu and veggie stir fry on brown rice

AND....am foregoing my nightly glass of red for a week to see the difference...well, have given it up until Sunday when we have dinner at our "quaffing" friends place!

Gym tonight, but nothing too hard out, I've still got a cold, so 45 mins on the treadmill at 6km is the plan. Although I know as soon as I get on the thing I'll amp it up a bit. Will have to keep telling myself to slow down.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:40 pm

looks like a good plan to me :) court and i are planning meals too. I think it helps :) everyone is sick of me telling them how many calories are in something LOL
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby longy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:10 pm

mmmm....choc n toffeeeeee

Last night I DID go to the gym...and I did (kinda) take it easy(er than I would have normally). So it was 30 mins on the treddy at 6.2 with an incline of 2 ("6.2"- how hilarious, because 6km wasn't enough :lol: ) and then 30 mins on the elliptical machine (is this the same thing as a cross trainer that everyone keeps talking about? the kind of 'ski' machine?). I felt really good for having gone and done SOMETHING as the last few days I've been a bit too low on energy to do much more than day-to-day working activity.

So, the gym was before the doctor, who has explained to me that I have an inner ear infection that has led on from my sinus infection and that I have to rest. Which sucks. Because I really do feel good when I exercise. But I have the day off work today, and have already spent a good part of it in bed, and the other part on FB, so not too strenuous?????

Not too stressed about cals today, I don't really feel like much anyway- couldn't face the prospect of eating my favourite brekky, so just had a piece of toast with vegemite - great comfort food! choc n toffee now, and maybe an omelette or something for lunch.

Hubby is working tonight, so he misses ORIGIN!!!!! poor fella, can't even tape it as dvd player is broken, so will have to give him the score in the morning- hope everyone is having a great day!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 pm

how you feeling now longy? Take it easy like ur dr says, if you go too hard while your sick, you won't be able to exercise for a lot longer when your body goes downhill :)

just go walking or something and do some slow tricep dips, crunches and push ups :)
candycane

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 am

Good call CC- gotta love those tricep dips! Ugh- today I don't feel like doing anything anyway, it's like my body went "Well, the doc says you're sick, so I'm just going to give up and let this thing do it's thang". Luckily my boss is a great guy and he's told me to do the bare minimum at work today (some things just NEED doing when you live on a property!) and spend the rest of it in bed. I didn't pick up my antibiotics the other night so will have to go back into town tonight to go to the chemist. Maybe a spicy thai soup will be on the cards :P

How are you going CC?
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Am feeling quite pleased today- dinner tonight is roast chicken with POTATO gems!!! lol... and broccoli and carrots, but I'm so excited about the potato gems...

I was really pretty surprised I stayed within calories today considering how much I've eaten- Hubby and I were out all day and had TWO lunches (one early, straight after the gym) so I'm pleased I'm making good choices.
:arrow: Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled, 2 mushrooms, 50g lean ham, cawfee
:arrow: LUNCH #1 (after gym about 11.30) 6 inch honey&oat subway with turkey, salad and thin line of southwest dressing
:arrow: LUNCH#2 (about 3pm...FOODCOURT, KFC called but I was good!) Sumo salad pumpkin&pinenut 1/2 wrap, no dressing
:arrow: Snack: Nestle diet yoghurt (passionfruit)
:arrow: Roast chicken drumstick- (skin ON :P ) 100g potato gems, steamed broccoli and carrots

So glad it all fits in after gym this morning 30hr on the elliptical lungeing my butt off- machine said 450cals, but CK says 295cals (have taken CKs just in case) and 45 mins of weights. Leg presses, tricep press, bench press, rowing and lifter upperers, then 10 mins cool down on the treddy at 6kms and 10 min stretch. Good girl Longy!!! (just inc ase no one else says it!!!!)

Tomorrow is a massive blowout- we have dinner at a friends house and although she'd be very understanding if I asked for low-cal cuisine, I just don't want to. I'm also making lime and blueberry tarts (sound weird, really yummy) and we'll have a few glasses of red. Can't wait! Will hopefully go climbing tomorrow morning and maybe go for a mountain bike on the trails in the afternoon to make up for it!!!

Have a great long weekend peoples!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby MissMinx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 pm

[quote="longy"]

So today I'm back on the wagon:
:arrow: I can't give up my oatbrits for brekky, and can't eat regular weetbix...so oatbrits, and skim for brekky with a black coffee (no sugar in the coffee anymore!!!)

OMG Longy I LOVE OAT BRITS TOO, HOW CREAMY ARE THEY?!?!?!? I have them like every few days and just normal oats every other but every single time i run out of Oat Brits I gotta get them again, theyre one of a kind!!

:)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby longy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:27 am

OMG Longy I LOVE OAT BRITS TOO, HOW CREAMY ARE THEY?!?!?!? I have them like every few days and just normal oats every other but every single time i run out of Oat Brits I gotta get them again, theyre one of a kind!!

I know, they're the best, get a bit narky when we run out, so always have a couple of packs spare (haha, how sad!) coz hubby and I both love them!

Have just stewed up some cinnamon apple to have with porridge this week though, I think I must be programmed that when frost comes, out comes the porridge! Have been rugged up in a blankey feeling sorry for myself all week- absolutely NO exercise except for the first couple of days of work, but nothing extra. Just been working on getting rid of this superbug. Had some gnarly tests in at the doc! Has anyone been tested for swineflu yet? They have this nasal probe thinggy OOOOOWWWWWWWWWW! Im sure I don't have the hogwog, but they need to test everyone that comes in with flu like symptoms!

A loss of 100g which I'm ok with, I wasn't really concentrating on losing weight this week- TTOM as well, and I know everyone seems to put on weight then, but I'm the opposite, so I'm expecting it to go back up again next week.

ONLY 3 WEEKS TIL CAMBODIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 pm

LOL @ hogwog. I havent had 'flu like symptoms' unless of course that has accounted for my random sporadic bouts of sweet cravings (and fulfillments).

Its not a good idea to exercise when your sick, you'll just end up being sick longer! So enjoy your time off, watch a couple of dvds and drink plenty of fresh juices and soups. Lots of ginger, that soup recipe would be great for you in this situ too :)

Havent tried oatbrits, but i dont really like flavoured porridge unless i flavour it myself (with honey and cinnamon or strawberry jam)

Thank you for your speedy reply btw :) congrats on the 100gram los :wink:
candycane

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks CC- you're right, would be silly to exercise, thankfully I don't feel like it at all, haven't for the last few days. Had to do something for work yesterday and it involved about an 800m walk with a pack on my back (not heavy, about 8 kilos) and I was exhausted by the end of it! I have today off work, had the weekend off work, and will go back to work tomorrow hopefully, otherwise I'll be letting the team down!!!! Am feeling better every day, and AF arrived today, so I should perk up a bit anyway.

I lost another 300g since yesterday, but won't count it til official weigh in on Sunday- by which time body should be back to normal (TMI, but I lose like a kilo at TTOM, just to put it back on again the next week)! It was an even 64.0!!! Had my wonderful 'CWA-ish" neighbour come over with some nutritfying soup last night and she knows I don't 'do' cream etc in a soup so she went through the list of ingredients as she was handing it over, bless her!! It's all pumpkin, garlic and homemade chick stock with no extra salt etc...gotta love a country grapevine!!!! Had a nice cup of tea and she mentioned she was going to bring over some slice, but then remembered I was being 'good'. What a woman!!! Love 'er!!!!

Oh, Oatbrits are great- they don't fall apart like weetbix do, and just taste a whole lot better- Oatbrits are higher cal and fat because oats are very high in fat (good fat, don't panic!!!!) but I don't need a morning snack when I've had them with just some skim or soy milk. I don't change my brekkys that often- its either oatbrits, vegemite on toast (Country life organic rye bread is the best!!!) or porridge....if im making an effort its scrammy eggs with ham and mushroom OR when we've had extra $$$ in the budget it's smoked salmon with philly on wholemeal english muffins!!!! Now I'm hungry!!!! I don't usually add anything to my porridge except brown sugar...but we had a few apples going soft in the fruit basket, so I stewed them just with a little cinnamon. I'm fully Nigella-ing it up like a good domestic goddess!!!

I havent had 'flu like symptoms' unless of course that has accounted for my random sporadic bouts of sweet cravings (and fulfillments).

Anything else we should be thinking about???? lol .... clucky head longy xxx
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:12 am

Todays menu
:arrow: Breakfast : 3 egg omelette, splash of soy milk, 25g 99% ham, coffee-black 298cals
:arrow: Lunch: 250ml homemade pumpkin soup, 2 slices burgen rye with philly extra light cheese 367 cals
:arrow: Dinner: Thai green curry (homemade) with 1/2 cup brown rice approx435 cal
:arrow: Snack: 12 almonds 83 cal

gives me approx 1183cals.... so I have 300cals to 'play' with. Not many snacks around at the moment, except for chocolate and toast....might try some rye toast with avo or tomato as a snack if i feel like it, or have a small bowl of the stewed apple I made last night :)
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:48 pm

LOL god no i do NOT have time for any cluckyness!!!! LOL You have made me paranoid :oops: *thinks* no no no :)

How do you stew the apples? Ur plan sounds very yummy :) when i finish my assignment i'll start making soup! at least im getting my hair done tomorrow (i'm in dire need) so i'll probably feel extra better after that. i want hm pumpkin soup! Did she give u the recipe by any chance? :)
candycane

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 pm

hahaha.... I have a few friends trying at the moment, so everytime the mention ANY kind of symptom (e.g. I have an itch on my arm!!!) I pounce- Ooooooooooh do you think it means you're pg? lol...

Stewing apples- well, i don't know if this is how everyone does it...but all i do is chop the apples up into whatever size pieces I want them to end up and 'just' cover them with water, then simmer on a low heat until they're soft and squishy. You can add cinnamon either to the water or to the end product once it's drained, but that's how i do it!!! Most recipes call for browning the apples in a heap of butter before simmering, but i really don't think it's necessary- have never done it that way and they always turn out yummy enough!

Pumpkin soup is just as simple
Pumpkin cubed
Cover with chicken stock (whatever stock you use, hers is homemade)
garlic

heat garlic in same pot you're adding the pumpkin and stock to, cook pumpkin till soft, and there isn't much water left. Blend in a blender/processor. (Be careful if it's hot- don't recommend blending boiling products!!!)

It's really nice- I make all my soups that way now- no fancy ingredients, just whatever veggies I have around and keep adding water for lighter consistency or spices if you want...I often add chickpeas to pumpkin soup, but this is nice because it was a gift, from the heart, and they're the best kinds!!!! There's a nice pumpkin soup that calls for you to roast the pumpkin, then blend, gets the caramelisation process happening, so has a different taste.

loves me veggies!!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:03 pm

oh, and embarrassing story...

cooked my omelette this morning- first time I actually tried for a real-deal omelette and not just scrammy eggs. And, it was perfect- I was so excited about my beautiful coloured and textured omelette that in my haste to eat it, I left the pan on the gas burner, cooking itself away while I sat down watching Kerrie Ann or some rubbish!!! I could smell something, but as it's colder and we all have our fires burning, I figured my neighbour had just lit his!! Sure enough, a knock on the door, me in my pjs with our neighbour saying- um, there's a lot of smoke coming from your kitchen!!!

No damage- just to the pan....my perfect omelette cooking pan!!! lol.... ah well...will NOT be doing that again!!!

ps...eggs were great!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

i've heard about roasting the pumpkin i might try that next time :) all these soup recipes to try yummy yummy!

I love veggies too. How funny, have you got or do you want to have kiddies?

LOL at the omelette story. At least you know for the future that your omelettes will be perfect :)
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there