It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

A week in....9 to go???

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A week in....9 to go???

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 pm

mmmm, the soup does get tiresome after a bit though :lol: :lol: We always make huge batches of it and then get sick of it after a couple of days- so end up freezing some for later. Need to get some texture in sometimes!!!! It is good to have a few good recipes for soup though, mind you we do just make it up most of the time :D

I don't have kids yet- we have a one-eyed, emotionally unstable dog that keeps us pretty busy at the moment, but we've been talking a lot lately about starting to try for kids. We're not ACTUALLY trying, just talking about it :lol: We both want to make sure we have a bit of money saved before we start, and we're lucky we're doing pretty well with our mortgage etc. But if, over the next year, if we save as much money as we've spent in the LAST year on travel- we should be in a pretty good possie to start. Do you have kids CC?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 pm

*jumps in on thread* my friend had a baby this morning!!! Im so clucky but not ready yet just took on the mortgage ahhhhh!!! *jumps out of thread* :lol:
court

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 pm

congrats for your friend! makes it harder when your friends have bubbas to hold the chicken-dance back!!! I wish we were in a spot to start now, but I'm also glad we've had the opportunity to travel and pay off most of our house. I think it's a wise decision in the end (I hope so!) still got a few years left in me I'd think!!! So do you Court!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby matchbox » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 pm

arghhhh i am already clucky you girls are just making it worse!!! :roll: :lol:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby court » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

I know! I love to travel - still have one big trip in me before settling I think..Peru trek then a bit of SA.... Hmmm thinking that will happen in two years, then settle....maybe.... :roll:
court

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

We want to get married when i finish uni, but don't want to have babies til we're more financially stable. Both of us want babies tho :) sometimes i get a little clucky but i am just too busy to have kiddies! I'm studying law so i want to practice for 2 years before i have the first. My bf is 29 and i'm 25 so we want to get started on the baby making, but its just not the right time at the moment. It will be at least 4 years til we have our first baby. 29s a good age for me i think :D

Plus we want to travel a little as well :) i'm trying not to rush life. LOL @ your one eyed emotionally unstable dog. IS it on medication or anything?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby court » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Im 25 and 29 is my plan too - not in my 30's and still enough time to a) travel and b) enjoy this new body!! :roll: :lol:
court

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:49 pm

lol I just want to be able to enjoy my children. I don't think age is a huge deal, unless it poses health risks. I don't think i will enjoy child bearing as much if i can't afford to provide for him or her without a huge struggle. It's hard enough to have a mortgage these days without adding the costs of children. And you go from two incomes to one. You need to save up quite a bit and be pretty stable. In saying that if the stork brought me a suprise i'm sure i would deal with that situation happily as well tho :)

Me too, i don't want to be all drop dead sexy for like 5 minutes ;) hehe
candycane

Postby longy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:58 pm

You guys are going to be drop-dead sexy for a long, long time- kids or no kids!!! hahaha...I'm 29 now, and will be 30 when we start...when I was 25 I *thought* I was ready, but I'm glad we held off :)

CC- Ella (dog) isn't on medication, but she's had a rough (ruff?) life, I got her from the pound as an adult dog and she'd been abused...she's fine now, but has separation issues because we're just so loveable I guess :lol: She lost her eye last year- had to remove the eye to get to a tumour, but she adjusted quite well. She just barked at me actually and is looking at my stewed apples snack as if it's meant for her ... I'll post a photo of her if I can figure out how ?????? Do you girls have pets?
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:22 pm

I have a big fat pork chop of a cat who I picked up from a shelter! He is a spoilt fat brat haha. He was the last kitten froma litter that got eaten by a dog :shock: I have never had a cat before - always dogs and he is hard work! But so loveable and such good company.. I will take a pic of him and post it too at some stage.. he is 6 now, got him at 6 weeks! :lol:
court

Postby candycane » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 pm

i love fat cats! i told my bf i want a really fat cat but he says that would be unhealthy lol. At the moment i have birds, a fish, a rabbit used to have a dog but she died a couple of years ago :cry: in the future i want a big fat lab and a big fat cat and maybe a bird (like a parrot or something big i can train well) when we get married :) if my rabbit it still binkying i'd take her too, but i get worried the dog or cat i'm planning on having might try eat her. I absolutely adore animals. I've been looking to adopt another rabbit for a friend to my rabbit, but my parents won't allow me!

i want this bird http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/anim ... statusID=3 (but she's in queensland and i'm not allowed any more animals at the mo)

and this rabbit http://www.adoptapet.com.au/animal/anim ... statusID=3 (click on his pic he's beautiful)

hehe
candycane

Postby longy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:47 am

I ended up browsing the rspca site for about 1/2 an hour after looking at those! (might get a trade in :D - J/K!!!)

So I stepped on the scales this morning (I know, but I can't help it at TTOTM because it's so freaking cool) and It told me that since sunday I've lost 500g. It's Tuesday?!?!?!?! Apparently I'm 63.5 and I want to log it so next month I can log in and go...."don't get excited, it's not permanent, it's just AF stripping you of weight that will turn back up when she leaves".

Today is the end of the food week- nothing left in the house!!!! So a rough plan for today
:arrow: Breakfast : 2 slice Burgen Rye with peanut butter, coffee
:arrow: Lunch: Cauliflower soup - on the run, will have to find some kind of snack later- sweet and salty bar maybe???
:arrow: Dinner: Green Curry I was meant to eat last night with brown rice + glass of red :P

Instead of the curry last night- which, by the way all I had to do was heat it up on the stove, I was bad and made two small pita bread pizzas. Didn't even put veggies on them. Garlic and cheese. Terrible!!!!! But SO SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Glad it's out of the way. Haven't eaten cheese for a couple of weeks and I'm feeling it this morning!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm

man, I'm right off my plan....I don't know what's wrong, but I just don't want to eat what I plan each day- no matter how delicious.

Had honey on toast this morning and tomatoes on toast for lunch. Stewed apples for a snack and about 10 rice crackers at about 3pm.... all I can think about right now is having an omelette for dinner with ham and mushrooms.

None of this is bad food, I know....in fact I think I come in way under cals for today- but I'm wondering why I just can't stick to a plan? I think it has something to do with the fact that since I haven't been exercising for about a week, I've fallen off the wagon a bit. I'm heading to the gym tomorrow night so hopefully I'll be back on track after that ... i need a psychological kick up the butt to get me back on the nutrients bandwagon.
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm

maybe its just that your body is craving different things to what your mind thinks you should put in them! At the least, you will still loose weight from having the right amount of calories. And you can always pick up where you left off tomorrow so don't stress the little things too much.

How cute are the animals? I want so bad :) and who says the 500grams will come back? Keep up your fluids btw :)
candycane

Postby longy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 pm

I ended up eating the omlette last night CC- I think you're right, maybe I was just craving something else because I needed the protein or something....or maybe it was just that after the perfect one the other day I needed to try it again!!! (It worked BTW!!!!- no smoke this time :roll: )

Today I'm feeling a lot better about the whole deal. Either going to the gym or for a ride tonight- should probably get on a bike soon to get my butt ready for the long hours of riding I'll be doing in a couple of weeks! We live at the bottom of a valley, so from here, the only way is up and there's a good 25km ride that should sort me out!!! We have great lights etc for riding on singletrack at night, so I might do a couple of laps of the track we've got on our property so I give my torso a workout too. The only thing that puts me off is the weather- it's so cold today!!!! If it rains, I'm defintiely not going out as the roads are bad enough as it is. So if it's bad weather, I'll head into the gym for some elliptical time and an arms session. Not too much though as I'm starting to feel better and don't want to wreck myself.

Todays Plan
:arrow: 2 oatbrits, 250ml skim milk, coffee
:arrow: mandarin, nestle diet yoghurt
:arrow: country life rye with tuna, spinach, mushroom, avo and philly
:arrow: handfull of trail mix
:arrow: GREEN CURRY!!!! (I WILL eat it)

I don't know why I'm putting the curry off, it's wonderful and so delicious and I'll smack myself as soon as I take the first bite for putting it off!!!!
[/url]
longy

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there