It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Free Newsletter

A week in....9 to go???

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: A week in....9 to go???

Postby court » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 pm

omelette over a curry?! your nuts!! :lol: :wink:
i just had my lunch mmmm mmmm mmmmmm so tasty! Your track sounds great - I have realised that I only ride if I am going to a place - not just for the sheer fun of riding! nogood tracks around here unless i go out to my sis's int he national park... :roll:
court

Postby longy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 am

It's like the curry was the catalyst....I'm back on track- can think of a few metaphors this curry meal has taken in my life- but won't bore you with them all!!!!! :lol: So I've eaten the curry....lol, and it was beautiful, as I knew it would be! Hubby went for the ride I was going to go for last night while I stayed at home and stretched. I know it wasn't the plan, but I was so tired after my first day back at work after being sick, and I thought I'd better save some energy. I'm out to the gym today though- first for an hour's stretch session, and then I'm just going to 60% it on the elliptical and do a few arm machines and then I'll head out and do all the errands I'm up for! Maybe it'll give me the energy boost I need to get back on track FOR REAL.

I'm in town for lunch (a rarity for me!!!!) so I think I'll pick up a 6 inch turkey subway. I don't know how you guys do it, being surrounded by CHOICE and choices of takeaways etc. At times I'm really glad that I live so far away from all of those temptations. Hubby and I always shop really healthy- if there's a big footy game on, we have chippies, and there's always a block of chocolate, but when I look back over the month, the only other thing we bought for our place which was a treat were those potato gems!!!! And half the packet is still sitting in the freezer! Otherwise it's all brown rice and wholemeal pasta (oh, for a nice thick, soft white fettucine!) HEAPS of veg usually and fish, chicken and lean steak. We eat a lot of lentils/legumes and we both like soy so tofu is in there a bit too. Hubby is lactose intolerant so there's hardly ever any cheeses in the house which is good because I LOVE it! Okay, so I don't know why I randomly told you about my usual shopping list, but now it's done!!! lol... 'Random' is actually one of my nicknames.

Anywhoodles, I'm off!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:29 am

lol that sounds great :) i dunno if i could manage to get my bf to eat wholemeal pasta. He's already quite particular with his pasta to begin with (has to be THIS width!!) lol. He's good tho he lets me choose everything, if he chooses something he's not sure of he looks at me and goes 'um is this ok? will it fit in your calories?' LOL so cute.

yummy curry, what's your recipe? I'm going to have to find court's recipe and try that too. I love new recipes!! I had a big shop too yesterday and spent $100 on yummy healthy foods so i won't be tempted. 2 days without binging! woohoo! might also be because i went to the gym, and also because i spent hours at Gloria jeans on one coffee doing my assignment (they must hate me) but atleast i was out of the house :)

just run through your head the amount of calories in all those yummy things and you'll head straight for the nearest sandwich bar or subway trust me :) have fun at the gym!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby longy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Gym was great!!! Feeling heaps better- was an easy session, but an important one.....had an hour long stretch class which got my blood moving to the right places- was so warm and bendy afterwards!!!! I've been stretching 10mins every morning and 10mins every night anyway, and it's good to see it having an effect. Then I popped down with my PT to have a coffee- I'm prone to spending all my time on cardio when I'm at the gym and I started going to work on strength....I need her there to help me out for a while, I just get so bored on the machines, so hopefully we'll go through some other exercises when I see her for an actual session next week. Then I headed back up and did 30mins on a stationary bike- wore my long trackies so I wouldn't go too fast, coz I'd get too hot ;) The tricks we play on ourselves. I wanted to make sure I didn't overdo anything while I'm getting better. Then it was a couple of arm weights , another stretch and I was out of there!

Subway for lunch- easy as pie...actually I thought of getting a pie, and the calories are similar, but I do prefer a balanced meal :) Always get the same at subway- turkey on honey and oat with a thin strip of southwest dressing- they're good at this shop too, they actually make it a thin strip instead of squirting it all over it!

I had a couple of people comment that I'm looking good today too, which was nice- I've only lost 3 (almost 4!) kilos, but it's nice that it's showing in things like my skin which is heaps better. Had someone trying to push low-carb onto me today and I got a bit tetchy, I feel really good when I'm getting everything I need, and I don't understand how people's brains can work properly without any carbs. My PT used to be a body sculpter and she said she was so fuzzy in the last few weeks before competition- so much so that she even had a car accident because her balance was all out. I really like her, she seems to have her head screwed on right :)
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Dinner tonight...oh my goodness, so wonderful....wish there was more so I could gobble it all up, but cooked the EXACT amount, so I wouldn't be tempted to polish off the leftovers
Take wholemeal pasta (tonight was spaghetti)
Lean ham (whichever one you love) .... or tuna or chicken or haloumi, or whatever you like
mushrooms
baby spinach
1 x egg
parmesan

While cooking the pasta, cook up the ham, mushrooms and spinach in whatever you prefer to cook in
Once pasta is cooked, drain
Add ham etc to pasta pot
Stir in egg
Add parmesan

YUM

quick, yummy, your high cal meal for the day (coming in at about 400-450 depending on quantities of each). I chose to eat this for dinner :D

TUMMY BUTT AND THIGHS TOMORROW MORNING before hubby and I take a day trip to the mountains so I can visit a little hippy shop I love. Better rug up- Blueys are FREEZING!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:13 pm

i really haven't been the best food wise the last couple of days, but im getting back to it! I think I overloaded on soups and veggies in the last few weeks, I've been turning my nose up at all of my favourite foods and going for choices I would never make usually!!! Hubby and I went up to the Blue Mountains yesterday and we went into one of the beautiful bakeries YUM! At least it was a beautifully YUMMY pie! Chicken, mushroom and leek with real bits of everything in there! And of course, when you're in the mountains you can't resist all of the yummy sourdough breads up there- we ended up getting a rye loaf and a rye and walnut sourdough- we both love yummy breads so much! So this morning it was a poached egg on yummy bread with some mushrooms on the side. What I'm confused about is my lack of exercise the last couple of weeks, my poor diet and the fact the numbers are still coming off. AND surprise, the weight hasn't come back after AFs visit.

So now it's a case of getting back into all of my favourites because I know I'm lacking all the vitamins and nutrients my poor body needs! This week is GOOD DIET week and I'm going for my 5 and 2 and at least 3 gym sessions as well as doing all my usual stuff around the property (and walking the dog). It's refocus time- for totally the right reasons.
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:42 am

Just need to keep logging in and telling myself I have to stick with it! I had a shocking weekend food wise, but at least i got some exercise! Kids bday party yesterday and although I was a lot better than I could have been, there was a white chocolate rocky road made with marshmallows and lollies that I had a few pieces of, and some tasty jack chips (gross!!! they even have MSG in them!) and 4 glasses of champers (this was after the party!!!). Didn't even have dinner as such- there were sausage rolls and party pies and sausages and white bread and all sorts of party food but all I could think of were my veggies i was MEANT to be eating. Didn't get home until almost 10pm so didn't end up eating dinner- so effectively my dinner yesterday was champagne???? Terrible. A bit ashamed really!!!!! especially when just the day before I'd made a refocus goal!

So...as soon as I'm done on here I'm heading off to the gym for a couple of hours. As far as I know I'm back on track and I'm NOT going to let myself behave badly again! I need some sort of punishment system!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 am

OMG that pie sounds delish! I love the Blue Mountains so many opportunities for bushwalks! I mean to get up there this winter - seriously!
And YUM rocky road is my downfall!! I had a bit too much a few weeks ago but made with CADBURY wow it was soooooo good!
Have a great time at the gym and dont beat yourself up about the champas dinner!! Just lots of water and gymming this week to make up for it :lol: And besides they are just GRAPES anyways arent they?!?! :shock: :lol: :roll:
Yeah i dont even like chips but when they are in front of me i cant help myself!! TOOBS remember TOOBS?!?! I ate some of those on the weekend!!! :roll:
court

Postby longy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am

TOOOOOBS....Oh my goodness do I remember them? Yeah I do!!! I grew up in a small town and we only used to be able to get them in showbags- so it was a lik a showbag treat! those and bacon flavoured Cheetos (GROSS!!!) Loved them!

Am officially back on track- amazing how TTOTM can just put a downer on looking after myself, for a week, I just get complacent, and it doesn't help when hubby is sitting there going "You've been good for 6 weeks now, give yourself a break, have some cheese on toast....sure, I'll make you another one!!!" lol... he's a sweetheart, just wants to do the right thing really :) It's really not THAT bad when I compare my diet to what it COULD be like- we don't have any fast food etc near us, but it's just when I know there's a healthier choice, I just go for the easy saturated fat choice :)

So anyway, the gym the other day was great! All the ellipticals were being used (How DARE they???? :lol: ) so I got on the rowing machine for the first time. BOOOOOOOOORING, but I did 2000m like a good girl and set off to do some weights. My leg presses are teeny compared to what they were at the start of the year, I've almost halved it, so a goal for me is to get back up to 160kg for my legs. My arms are finally getting stronger- and my left is catching up to my right- I suffered some actual muscle loss on my left side after illness, so it's been a struggle to build it back up! (Don't ask why it was only my left side, no one can explain it ) But the point is....I felt GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I've got a whole heap of time off this week, I was meant to go to the gym yesterday, but had too much on at home, so I got Jillian out and cardio kickboxed to warm up and then did a frontside and backside almost 1.5hours of Jillian! I was pretty hot after it all!!! But I kept getting more motivated after each one! I have two others that NEED a step, which I don't have. The frontside and backside use on, but i just do the exercises without the step if that makes sense? Felt great and proud of myself and motivated to ride my bike today!

Might do a longish ride, kinda got get some saddle time in before we head OS! I really should have started a month ago :shock: Ah well, she'll be right!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:08 pm

had 2 sessions at the gym today- 1/3 hour on the treadmill before an hour stretch class before lunch (subway turkey as always!!!) and then an hour and a half with my PT after lunch. OMG does my upper body hurt!!!! well, actually, it doesn't hurt- it's just jelly... and fatigued! Gee I love my trainer though, she really does know how to work me hard, and really encourages right throughout. I'm pretty determined as it is, but she really gives me that kick up the butt I've been needing. I'd like to make it so I can see her every fortnight- I think once we're not saving for an OS trip I'll be able to make that happen!

I've relaxed with the diet for a little bit- still making sure everything is 'healthy' but I've relaxed a bit calorie-wise. When we get back from the trip, I'll get back on the counting wagon!

How's everyone going?
[/url]
longy

Postby longy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:09 pm

1/3 of an hour???? um no....it was an hour....weird how my fingers couldn't type- must have been all that arm work! :roll:
[/url]
longy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:52 pm

LOL! I'm feeling your pain re the upper body... still hurting from all those darn pushups on Wednesday and then boxing this morning owwwwwww!!! :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby MissMinx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi Longy,
You've been doing nicely by the sounds of it!
Dont worry about the bad food choices here and there..as long as you get back into it and dont let it go on then you'll keep on losing weight.

I was pretty slack over the last week or so after being sick...I KNOW that I ate too many carbs and just this weekend I've started feeling better and getting back into the exercise/good food intake. I was bad in terms of alcohol I had 4 glasses of wine on Sat night + 1 vodka & tonic, food was good I cooked all weekend BUT last night I killed it all with baking some home made scones and I ate 2 with my bf.......... bad bad bad I know lol, what is my best option tonight with exercise so I get this guilty feeling out of my system - a 2 hour exercise session????? will that do the trick :( far out I feel exhausted thinking about it but I feel like i need to do something.

MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey longy how you going girl? :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby longy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Gals!!! Back from Cambodia, so I've got a lot to catch up on!!!! AND I am in SERIOUS need of refocussing!!!!! Despite all the bike riding (sometimes 90kms a day and in 40 degree heat!!!!), and delicious healthy cuisine, apparently I just don't have the willpower to resist $3.00 COCKTAILS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hubby and I both actually PUT ON WEIGHT in Cambodia....apparently no mean feat! Hahahaa, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves though, and would do it all again in a heartbeat- but am seriously in need of a couple of weeks of detox! Started yesterday and feeling great already- just being away from aeroplane food is a good start and the price of cocktails since rejoining australia has risen significantly, so I should be ok!!!!!

Oh and Court....I totally ate a spider....and a Cricket!!!! It was only afterwards I wondered how long they'd all actually been sitting there, I mean, there's no way they could catch that many in a week! Ewwwwwwwww....I ate a dirty old, month old greasy spider!!!! GROSSSSS!!!!!!!
[/url]
longy

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there