It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:27 am

Free Newsletter

Bond Girl's Journey to Weight Loss Happiness

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Bond Girl's Journey to Weight Loss Happiness

Postby BondGirl » Sat May 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi All,

I've thought long and hard about adding my own online journal but decided to go ahead with it as I want to write some thoughts/difficulty I'm having and get some feedback. I can't bring myself to talk to my partner about them for all those silly reasons like he won't understand where I'm coming from, give me the get over it, or just don't do it type responses.

My weight loss journey started at 78kgs. I've come a long way weight wise but don't feel any differently when i look in the mirror.

I am now sabotaging my hard work and effort. The other day I jumped on the scale and it read 63.2kgs you know what happened I got scared that I wouldn't reach my goal weight that I started eating to compensate. I eat to compensate for feelings of stress, sadness, depression etc. and I hate myself after. Why do I do it? I don't want to yet I'm compelled to in some way.

Does anyone else emotionally eat? If so what do you do about it? How do you beat the urge to stuff yourself with food?

On a different note, I have around 5.2-5.6kgs to lose to get down to my goal weight of 58kgs. I hope to be 60-59kgs by end of May.
BondGirl

Re: Bond Girl's Journey to Weight Loss Happiness

Postby BondGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 4:58 pm

I've found some great article on emtoinal eating on the calorie king webpage, it's given me a few ideas for next time I have face this situation. I've also figured its related to my period I always crave junk food when my period is approaching. Tomorrow I'm going to weigh in and see what damage I've caused with this binging. Pre uncontrolled eating week I weighed in at 63.2kgs hopefully tomorrow i'm still in the 63's.

I did a pump class taday for the first time in a week. I've taken a break for a week to let my foot recover as I've got a fractured left foot. I've also purchased a 10 session swim pass at my local pool so I can get some alternative cardio while I let my foot recover.

I'll have to purchase a kickboard. Does anyone know if they are handy at all? I was thinking of using it after i get tired as I haven't done laps in years (since my pre teens). Anyway hope to get some feedback here.
BondGirl

Postby BondGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm

This week I am going to do the following:
Morning:
T- 45 min Cycle class & 30 min PT session
W - 45 min cycle class
T- 60 min Body Pump
F - 30 min PT and 40 min cardio

Evenning:

w - 30 minutes swim
T - 30 min swim
BondGirl

Postby BondGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Breakfast .
(x) 1 serving, 1/3 cup raw oats 30g, cooked yields (94g) of Brans & Oats: Oats (Porridge) made w. water
(x) 1 large, 210g with skin, 18cm/7" (135g) of Fruit, fresh: Banana, raw, edible portion
(x) 1 level teaspoon (6g) of Capilano: Honey: Honey

Lunch .
(x) 1 serving, 1/2 of 535g can (265g) of Heinz: Soup: Very Special, Ready To Serve, Pea & Ham

Dinner .
(x) 1 serving (100g) of Fish, fresh: Salmon, Higher fat, Grilled
(x) 1 cup of Salads: Mixed

Snacks .
(x) 1 ball (42g) of Bounce: Protein Bars: Premium Protein Ball
(x) 1/2 large (300g) of Fruit, fresh: Orange, average all types, raw, peeled, edible portion
(x) 1/4 scoop (73g) (100mL) of Connoisseur: Ice Cream: Chocolate Obsession
(x) 1/2 serving, 2 slices (65g) of Tip Top: Bread: Retreats, Raisin Toast
(x) 1/4 teaspoon (5g) of Butters: Butter

Food Total Cals (1088) kJ (4549) Fat (32.9g) Prot (59.9g) Carb (137.7g)

Exercise Cals
(x) 45 mins Body Pump -436 -
BondGirl

Postby BondGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 6:38 pm

You know how we all have a problem area? Well I consider my upper body as my problem area. My goal is to have arms like Michelle. Everytime I see those muscles and how healthy and strong her arms look I get all inspired to get my arms looking like hers.

Motivation picture:
Attachments
Michelle Bridges (1).jpg
Michelle Bridges (1).jpg (18.7 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
BondGirl

Postby Czarina » Tue May 05, 2009 10:48 am

BondGirl wrote:Breakfast .
(x) 1 serving, 1/3 cup raw oats 30g, cooked yields (94g) of Brans & Oats: Oats (Porridge) made w. water
(x) 1 large, 210g with skin, 18cm/7" (135g) of Fruit, fresh: Banana, raw, edible portion

Lunch .
(x) 1 serving, 1/2 of 535g can (265g) of Heinz: Soup: Very Special, Ready To Serve, Pea & Ham

Dinner .

Snacks .
(x) 1/2 large (300g) of Fruit, fresh: Orange, average all types, raw, peeled, edible portion

Exercise Cals

If that's your average day's food and exercise, you are not eating anywhere near enough! You're obviously using CK, why aren't you sticking to their recommended calories?
Czarina

Postby candycane » Tue May 05, 2009 11:19 am

i agree with czarina bondgirl, up your calories to about 1350 to begin with, i would add a slice of bread to your lunch when you are going to work out in the evening, but i'm not sure what the carb content of the soup is. Be careful with your sodium intake, those premade soups can kill it.

Have a snack at 10:30 and at 4pm - i'm not sure you are getting enough dairy - try nestle diet yoghurt - low cals but nice. Cottage cheese on vita weet (all suggestions by Michelle Bridges btw)

Other than that your plan looks awesome. Swimming is GREAT - use the kick board, basically it will make you use the muscles in your legs more (that's what i felt using one). Try beat your lap times, or increase your overall swim, for example when i used to swim i would aim for 1km of swimming, and then try to swim the 1km faster each time. I burned a lot of calories swimming. I was just slower then most of the other people to begin with hehehe

What was the article you read on CK? I find that i have to change my way of thinking. Sometimes on the way to the gym i think whats the point, i'll never get there! then i think no, i have a plan, i just need to stick to it!!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby BondGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Czarina wrote:
BondGirl wrote:Breakfast .

Lunch .

Dinner .

Snacks .

Exercise Cals

If that's your average day's food and exercise, you are not eating anywhere near enough! You're obviously using CK, why aren't you sticking to their recommended calories?

because i don't feel hungry and i'm not going to eat just to fill up on calories. there are days i eat over my calorie limit and days I eat under. It all balances out throughout the week.
BondGirl

Postby BondGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:18 pm

candycane wrote:i agree with czarina bondgirl, up your calories to about 1350 to begin with, i would add a slice of bread to your lunch when you are going to work out in the evening, but i'm not sure what the carb content of the soup is. Be careful with your sodium intake, those premade soups can kill it.

Have a snack at 10:30 and at 4pm - i'm not sure you are getting enough dairy - try nestle diet yoghurt - low cals but nice. Cottage cheese on vita weet (all suggestions by Michelle Bridges btw)

Other than that your plan looks awesome. Swimming is GREAT - use the kick board, basically it will make you use the muscles in your legs more (that's what i felt using one). Try beat your lap times, or increase your overall swim, for example when i used to swim i would aim for 1km of swimming, and then try to swim the 1km faster each time. I burned a lot of calories swimming. I was just slower then most of the other people to begin with hehehe

What was the article you read on CK? I find that i have to change my way of thinking. Sometimes on the way to the gym i think whats the point, i'll never get there! then i think no, i have a plan, i just need to stick to it!!

Thanks for the tips re swimming. I went after work today I forgot how hard it was lol.

I'll find the link and post for you. :D
BondGirl

Postby Czarina » Wed May 06, 2009 11:23 am

It's alright to do calorie cycling, but you should never go below 1200, it may put you into starvation mode, and of course the fact that you cannot get adequate nutrients from 1000 calories.

I know it can be hard sometimes, there are many days where I could easily only eat 1000 calories, but I make sure I don't drop below the 1200, so I can do the best for my body. Try some more calorie dense foods like avocado, olive oil and nuts. :D
Czarina

Postby MissMinx » Tue May 12, 2009 9:27 pm

I agree with all...1200 is optimal especially when you are working out that much, trust me it will take you longer to reach your goal otherwise.

Have you weighed yourself this week anyhow? How did you go with it?

MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Return to Almost there