It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Boom Boom Pow

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Boom Boom Pow

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey there peoples! Just wondering what music you listen to when you're on the machines? I've been trying to find the perfect mix- difficult!!! I ended up listening to a full album of Chris Isaak the other day when I was trying to keep it slow, almost fell asleep!!!

At the moment I've got a mix of...(Not in order)
1. Boom Boom Pow -Black Eyed Peas
2. Pon de Replay - old style Rihanna
3. When I grow up - Pussycat Dolls
4. Play (dance remix) - Jennifer Lopez
5. One Two Step- Ciara
6. Rock this party - Bob Sinclar
7. Candyman - Xtina
8-20 I found this really cool mix of Michael Jackson song remixes - (if you look up 'a Dj's tribute to Michael Jackson you'll find it- WICKED!!!!)

Sometimes I just play an album to change it around a bit- what do you listen to?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Re: Boom Boom Pow

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:02 pm

There are a few songs that get me up..
Anything by Missy Elliot, Old Pearl Jam, heaps of your ones! i.e. Pon De Replay, Play and Bob Sinclair...Pink is good...Metallica! hmmmm I used to have a playlist... White Stripes was on there...
Now I just go with whatever is on at the gym!
court

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Oh! I don't have have any Pink, but I love her....why don't I have any Pink??? Will have to get some! Metallica IS gooooooood....I also have Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful people" for leg presses, oh, and Rage Against the Machine too :P "Killing in the name of"...awesome!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm

I am a big fan of RATM.. Also Tool (old stuff) but i have to dig out some old CD's! Anything with a bit of GRIT is good to work out too! A bit of Chilli Peppers, Foo FIghters (both older albums though!)...
*thats it pulling out old cd's and making playlist this weekend for free weight workouts at gym*
court

Postby longy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:14 pm

I always wonder if people on the machines are actually listening to the same playlists... no guessing as to what I'm listening to, I'm one of those annoying people who dances or sings right along thinking no one can see/hear me! Love walking on the treadmill like I'm on the catwalk to some of them, what an idiot :oops: :P HA!!!!!
[/url]
longy

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:21 pm

:lol: sometimes you cant help but get into it hey! :roll:
court

Postby candycane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 pm

yeah i have a work out cd thing i downloaded with lots of techno remixy songs to jog too, i can pretty much only work out to fast paced tracks, which means most likely rock/heavy rock/metal, or techno, or drum n bass, ministry of sound etc I also like fast paced rnb songs - i used to love jogging to that fergie/nelly song ;)

ATM i have the twilight soundtrack (which i listen to Muse, paramore and collective soul on hehe), Duffy and a techno CD on my ipod due to the fact that i somehow deleted everything else so im somewhat limited in what i can listen to hehehe
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby BBgal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:52 pm

sounds like you have my taste in music court! I love old school, but i love anything new stuff with grit too like disturbed, system of a down etc
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby court » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:33 pm

yeah!! i am thinking about digging out all my old cds.. I used to me into metally stuff when my BF was in a band.. we have both mellowed out a lot and listen to umm bluesy rootsy sorta stuff - lots of aussie artists... still love a bit of metal though :roll: :lol:
court

Return to Almost there