It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am

My Detox Week

Goal: On Saturday night it's my boyfriend's soccer presentation dinner and I am wearing a gorgeous silky dress. The dress is a size 8 and it's super tight so I want to know I'm looking my absolute best. Also, I had two drinking sessions this weekend so feeling a little unhealthy. Eating was pretty good and so was exercise, but the alcohol makes me feel crap!

Plan: Breakfast this morning is out the window because we have nothing fresh in the house - so I had to have wholemeal toast. But from now on I am going to eat only fresh, non-processed foods. Nothing too strict, just lots of fruit, vegies, lean meat and eggs. I am also going to get rolled oats and soy milk - I know these are processed but I just don't have time to cook eggs in the morning.

Monday
Food:
Morning tea - fruit
Lunch - tuna and a piece of fruit
Arvo tea - fruit
Dinner - fish, vegies and potatos

Exercise:
Long, sweaty run on the treadmill!

Tuesday
Food:
Breakfast - Oats and milk
Morning tea - fruit
Lunch - two boiled eggs and salad
Arvo tea - fruit
Dinner - chicken and veg

Exercise:
Cardio (either a class or tready/x trainer/bike mix)

I will review this and plan the remainder of the week on Wednesday morning. Hopefully will be able to post some pics after the weekend of me glowing haha :)
Also aiming to get lots of sleep as I'm really tired.
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:12 am

Good luck with it Fi :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:56 pm

Thanks Sue.
It is already quite hard haha! I want bread!!! But loving the fresh fruit and vegies, mm - mm.
Will keep u posted xx
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Well so far so good. I slept so well last night, probably because for once I didn't drink any diet coke! I think that will be the biggest benefit.. cutting back on the artificial sweetner.
I had bad stomach cramps and diarrhea today, which is apparently a side effect of the detoxification process. And a result of soo much fibre haha! Was fine though and apart from that feel great. Bit of a pity that I can't really do much social stuff (dinners, coffees etc) this week but it's just one week. Needed to do something for myself!
I ended up eating a bit more than the plan said, but stil stuck with my organic foods. Oh yeah and drinking heaps of water!
The plan for Wed and Thurs:

Wednesday
Breakfast - oats and soy milk with a little honey (yum yum :)), hot water and lemon juice
Snack - apple
Lunch - ham and salad
Snack - apple and few cashews
Dinner - tuna and vegies
Dessert - small glass soy milk with honey OR fruit OR green tea (depending how hungry I feel)

Thursday
Breakfast - oats and soy milk with a little honey (yum yum :)), hot water
Lunch - chicken salad (from subway, meeting friend for lunch)
Arvo snack - orange & some other kind of fruit
Dinner - vegies??
Dessert - small glass soy milk with honey OR fruit OR green tea (depending how hungry I feel)

This is very much subject to change, I've got uni tomorrow so will have to pop to the shops beforehand and stock up on ham and tuna! I think tomorrow will be a challenge, avoiding protein bar/muesli bars eetc as well as diet coke and chewies.

Thanks for listening! xx
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 am

Just a revision of Thurs:
Breakfast - small portion oats and soy milk, hot water and lemon, one slice wholemeal toast*
Lunch - grilled chicken and vegies/salad
Arvo snack - orange & some other kind of fruit
Dinner - same as lunch
Dessert - Green tea (depending how hungry I feel)

*The reason for this is that I weighed myself this morning and have lost a fair bit of weight (for me) so I have decided to slowly transition back into bread, as I don't want to put all the weight back on.

Heading for a big workout with my best friend (who is also losing weight, doing amazing!) today so glad for the extra carby energy :)

Tomorrow will be a transition day as well, just a tiny bit of processed food.
Thanks guys :)
fi_112

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 am

good idea darl, your detox has probably given your body the shock it needs :) well done. Are you doing a special detox or something u made up?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks candycane!
Just made it up, really just no processed foods or alcohol. It is more difficult than you'd think! Yeah my body certainly needed a shock, after being healthy and working out hard for a year and a half, it needed a change.
How are you doing? I'll have a look at your thread :) xx
fi_112

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 am

oh cool, i used to do liver clensing dr cabot's methods. and that was really good, no processed foods, no dairy no meat etc it was challenging but worth it :)

how are your side effects going now?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:54 pm

Hey there,
Guess what???? I havent had a drop of alcohol for 2.5weeks and I feel great! I think thats why I'm also losing the weight a bit faster than Bali cause I was drinking nearly every weekend in the lead up and those calories are so not needed!!! give it a go and stop for about a month and you watch the kgs come off!
I will have my first drop next Friday in Sydney - I deserve it lol!!

Nice meal plans chicky!

Subway salads are GREAT! I've been having them every now and then. Every single day at work I've been eating for lunch a small container with 100g chicken, spinach, sweet potato, zuchinni, squash and then 1 tbls of hot salsa or skinny hommus. My morning and arvo meals ALL contains protein, fats and carbs! I havent touched bread for a month OMG :shock: but I dont need it cause Im getting carbs from other sources and I dont particularly miss it!

Hope you have a nice wkd ahead!!!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi guys,
MM - nice work on the alcohol!! Yep, it is definitely my down fall, especially champers mmm :) Well done on your loss!
Yeah I never plan to stick to a low carb diet for very long, but it's good to do it every now and then I think. I don't even feel like diet coke or any of those things so I have kicked the habit, yay!
CC - yeah, I couldn't do a lemon detox diet or anything silly, just wanted to lay off the processed foods! It would be hard to eat no meat and stick to a hard workout routine, how did u find that?

Side effects are gone, I feel great. I am really close to where I wanna be now.. thought I would post a poser pic to celebrate my successful week :) hope no one minds! wish my biceps were like this without flexing haha :)
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 pm

HOLY $HIT you look SOOOO FRIGGEN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow like you seriously do not have any jiggly bits its like everything is falling into place! well done chicky you've really got a lot to be proud of!

Yes champers rules unfortunately! if you plan to drink the champers or wine etc and this is what im going to do as I've had some advice is that not to eat like starchy carbs and lay off the oats in the morning and have like egg whites with spinach and tomato just really light stuff so that those calories at night time dont do tooooo much damage.

You are so ready for the beach this year!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Thank you MM! You are so sweet!!

I am quite happy with myself and my body, I want to tone up the backs of my thighs a bit more and just lose a teensy bit from the hips. So I am thinking next week I will hammer the leg exercises, uphill running etc. The only problem is I have developed shin splints which is reaaallly annoying and means I shouldn't run on the treadmill but it's not going to stop me.

Ooh thanks for the advice! I sort of broke the detox today (had sushi and a freddo frog!! Yummm how good is chocolate when you haven't had it for awhile!!!!!!!!!!) because I thought it would be more benificial to do it tomorrow to avoid bloating etc. So it will be salad and fruit for me tomorrow morning!!

So glad you popped your head back in, I was a bit worried bout U! wil have a look at your thread now xx
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Hey guys!
Last night went really well, drank a bit much champers though :) My boyfriend won best and fairest for his soccer team so that was great! Have attached a piccy of me in my dress.

As I said, this week will be exercise focussed. Will have a bit more energy as I'll be eating normally again, although I'm going to try and limit the carbs and eat 'cleanly' again. Hopefully will be maintenance time for me soon ...
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh my god woman!!! HOW HOT !!!!! :D

You look so slender and fantastic in that dress! everything is sitting beautifully!!!!!! oh gosh you would have turned quite a few heads there young lady...thats so good!

You look like a million bucks. Dont worry about the champers you just get right back into it and you'll maintain that great body - its in YOUR control now to keep it that way !!

xoxoxoxoo

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

Thank you MM! You are so lovely and supportive!!! I hope no one minds me putting up lots of piccies, just it has been so much hard work I am really enjoying it paying off :) I'm sure you know the feeling!

I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Thanks hun, I was really good today so hopefully made up for the champers! You have a great week too xxx
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there