It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Hi Olivia!! Thanks heaps for ur support! Yeah I do side planks and some pilates moves that involve the side plank.

Today was a bit of a write-off. Went to a birthday and had mars bar slice and chockie cake! WHOOPS! And going to the races on tuesday so more naughty champers!! AHHHH!!! But after that I'm in exam study mode so will be staying in for two weeks. Hopefully i can undo any damage :S Ahh dear xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, back on the wagon tomorrow, and I have an exciting new workout routine to try this week!!! (Pre-maintenance has been put off for a bit cos I want to try this!)

Monday - Arms (biceps, triceps and forearms), 30 mins interval training on treadmill
Tuesday - Legs & abs, 30 mins interval training on rower
Wednesday - Shoulders, 30 mins interval training on treadmill
Thursday - Back (upper and lower) & abs, 30 mins interval training on rower
Friday - Chest, 45 minutes cardio

Very excited :) xxx
fi_112

Postby candycane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

how long as it taken you to drop those last 10? I have been up and down for sooooo long. I'm also keen to follow your maintenance because i was so close at one stage then let it go again! Blergh. I did some damage this weekend too so don't worry we all wil get back to it!

Hows assessments going? SO hard to stay on top in this busy time!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 pm

It took me aaaaaaaaaages. A year and a half. Although it wasn't 'last 10kg' it was only ten kg! haha! but although I haven't lost weight in ages, I have gone down an entire dress size and have toned up heaps. I just read your thread and it sounds like you're concerned about the scales. Don't be babe! I went through that too and it was just a waste of worry. If you're increasing your muscle mass and decreasing your body fat then it probably won't show on the scales!
Sounds like you are doing so much exercise, well done! :) :)

Uni is a bit crazy but I use the gym to de-stress so all good :) how about you? xx
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:30 pm

That sounds like a great workout routine, I hope it pays off for you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby fi_112 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 pm

Thank u! I'm enjoying my new routine.

My legs are hurting badly from Tuesday's workout, I leg pressed 100kg and assisted squatted 50kg!! And then wore high high heels to the races.. ouchies!
Have been doing abs with every workout as I find it difficult to make them hurt.

Back workout tomorrow, and want to do a big cardio workout too. I'm considering cutting down on carbs too because I love the quick results you get... still thinking about that.

My jeans feel good now but not quite happy just yet .. ;)
fi_112

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 am

thanks for your reply darl. I know! i usually think it's the last ten, but when i got down to 71kilos last time, i thought i could take off a couple more :)

I'm definately more toned. I need to do more straight cardio tho, bootcamp is a mix of strength and cardio, i do strength training with my PT, and then i do cardio machines or classes immediately after but i think i need to do some morning runs or some more spin classes. When my assessments finish i'll work it out.

Its so irritating knowing i almost was at my goal, and then i put it all back on and now it doesnt want to come back off!!! I think i'm going to not use the scales for a couple of months, and just concentrate on like u said how my clothes feel.

Lovin the look of your weights sesh btw, i love that jelly leg feel ;)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:02 pm

CC - yeah pick out one item of clothing to test it against. Your PT does measurements hey? Like I said I bloody hate the scales!

I found my measurements from my old gym today, taken in September 2007, when I was at my biggest. Compared them with my current ones and discovered I have lost 12cm from my waist since then! Very happy with that. It's taken me two years though! Crazy.

This week was pretty good, I am glad I tried the workout routine for something different but think I will go back to normal next week. Will be doing lots of cardio, maybe a few classes to mix things up. Exams start on Monday and after that there will be a bit of partying so trying to be an extra good girl while I can.

Cheers guys xx
fi_112

Postby Oliviasf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:27 am

hi Fi, all the best with your exams! I'm sure you will do well if you're as committed as you are with your weight loss.
You're doing great.
I started taking measurements as I was pretty amazed that I lost about 1 cm in a week around my waist.
Did you keep any of your skinnier clothes? I found a bag of them in my cupboard last weekend and was SO nervous to try them on. I've now got a new pair of old jeans that fit me again - yay!
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby fi_112 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:53 am

Hey Olivia,
Thanks for your reply.
Congrats on losing your first 4.5 kg! WOW! Well done! And fitting into your old jeans, what a great feeling. You are going to reach your goal for sure! I am so envious of people like you who can do it so quickly, it always takes me soo long haha :)

Yeah I fit into all of my 'skinny' clothes now :)
I kept these tiny white shorts and was trying them on throughout my journey, at first I had such overhang (and bum squeezing out the bottom hahahaha) but now they fit perfectly, so yeah it's a really good idea to use clothes to monitor it because it's so motivating when they start to fit!

I have an exam today so need my energy levels up ..
Monday
Breakfast: 1 pce wholemeal toast & honey, 1 pce wholemeal toast & peanut butter, 1 hot water
10.00am - W & C at gym
Morning tea - atkins protein bar
12.15pm - exam
Lunch - tuna and salad (or fruit)
Arvo tea - apple and few almonds
Dinner - fish maybe??
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:51 am

Hey guys. Week has been pretty good, considering I'm doing exams. Using chewies and diet coke to help me study so will have to kick those habits AGAIN when I'm done! Haha!

Exercise:
Monday - weights and cardio (1 hr 10 mins)
Tuesday - cardio (1 hr)
Wednesday - dancing (20 mins), pilates (10 mins)
Thursday - groove dance class (1 hour), cardio (15-20 mins)
Friday - weights and cardio (1 hr 20 mins)
Saturday/Sunday - power walk

I have been hitting up the salads due to this lovely summer weather. Made a thai pork salad monday night which was yummy! Tuesday night was a lean cuisine and Wednesday night was sushi. Going to a girlfriends house for dinner tonight so it will be a test in my self control!!

I have been waking up really, really hungry, does any one know if this is bad?
Cheers xx
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:01 pm

Well done on losing 12cm from your waist, that's great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Oliviasf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 am

fi_112 wrote:I have been waking up really, really hungry, does any one know if this is bad?

Hi fi 112,
yew, sounds like quite a week. Hope exams are going well 4 you.
If you're waking up so hungry it's possible you're burning up more and may need more for energy. Not unlikely if you're studying and writing exams and also working out. Sound like a machine!!
Oli

Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby fi_112 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks Olivia, it's surprising how much energy bloody studying takes!! btw - wow you are doing so well xxxx
Last exam this week, on Tuesday THANK GOD!!!

Plan for the week:
Monday - 45 mins cardio
Tuesday - weights and cardio
Wenesday - boxing
Thursday - pilates and cardio
Friday - run

I have zero motivation to exercise right now, so that's why I put a few classes in there. If I had it my way I'd do nothing but gotta keep pushing on :)
fi_112

Postby Oliviasf » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Yip, so studying is good for you :) I should do it some day again! I am actually learning French now... wonder how many Cals I burn learning a new word??
Thanks, I'm doing OK but think I've hit a zero so going to try not eat any of this Swiss chocolate and be good again! Drank way too much champaign on Friday night too. Looks as though you've got a good mix in your workout. All the best with your last exam tomorrow! Let us know how it all goes.
Oli

Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there