It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:24 am

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby longy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:15 pm

good luck fi!!! but most of all, enjoy your trip! looking forward to hearing all about it! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Gordz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 am

i hear it's easier to get pissed at altitude... man, flying to the uk, i could get so trashed.`
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MissMinx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 pm

Good luck overseas!!!! eat smartly thats all I can say!!

Look forward to hearing how you went.

Cheers
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:52 am

Hi guys!

Got back yesterday - had such an awesome time!!
I think I behaved pretty well considering I was on holiday! Made a few naughty choices but mostly healthy ones and had my girls working out with my most days! I drank waaay too much though, but it was well worth it :)

Can't be bothered to see how I look in my jeans, I am feeling like sh*t, jetlag & there was a swine flu scare on my plane home so I'm PRAYING not to get it. But I have 3 weeks of housesitting now, so I can eat as healthily as I want without my boyfriend being a bad influence on me. SO .. going to be a good girl before my next progress shot!

I can't believe how well everyone is doing! Sue - you are a machine!!

Anyway I wil post in a couple of weeks :)

THanks for all the support xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:28 am

Hi !!
Welcome back! Good to hear you had a great time and made some good and bad choices, you are allowed to be a little bad on holidays!!

Are you going to weigh yourself at all at this stage?

Lucky you you have this time to get back on track now!!

Take it easy, get some rest and good luck over the next few weeks if we dont hear from you.
MM

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Hey MM,
Thanks for ur reply!! Sounds like you are doing really well - 64kg is awesome. Hope ur feeling better after your flu :( I am the exact same way, when I had the flu in the UK I still went running because I just couldn't not! Sounds like you got straight back into it though which is good.

Nah, I don't weigh myself anymore for a couple of reasons - 1) I am tall (5'9.5") and therefore weigh more than shorter people and I know it's stupid but it gets to me, 2) I got obsessed with weighing in daily and it affected my mood for the day and 3) the cat broke my scales and they aren't as reliable as they were! haha!
That's why I monitor my progress using my jeans!! I want to fit these jeans perfectly and then maintain that weight for the rest of my life, I don't think a size 8 is very likely with my height and love of food so I'm happy with a 10.

I got back into the gym this week - 1.5 hr workout on Wed and 45 min cardio yesterday. Going to do half an hour of dancing in my loungeroom and walking the dog this arvo :) Have been snacking a bit much, I think because I'm so tired, so will have to tune up my diet next week.
Thanks guys, I'll post soon!

Here is a pic of me and two of my best friends at my best friend's birthday party - it was a hat party. I'm on the left and birthday girl is on the right. Love this pic
fi_112

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:16 am

hey fi,

Lol, i googled "exercise for love handles" and wala....so many exercises to chose from. You should do that too. "google" and this forum are currently my best friends :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Postby MissMinx » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:29 pm

Hey fi,
You're absolutely gorgeous!!!!! love that photo, your hair, your face, your body, everything is sitting right to me!!

I understand about the weighing in etc it can get too obsessive! you're right about fitting into a good pair of jeans and when you look in the mirror you're really happy with what you see...thats whats important!!!!! Keep up the good work your exercise regime sounds great. Dancing in the loungeroom heheh that sounds like fun! I chuck on the wii in my lounge room sometimes to change it up and go a bit nuts sometimes.

What have you been snacking on a bit too much lately?

Funnily enough I'm still not 100% better...I feel like I have gunk stuck in my throat and it wont come up, very congested and not getting enough air. I went for a 10km walk outside this morning and I just couldnt wait to get home cause I wasnt feeling the best. I have to go to the chemist and see if they can give me something to help break up the mucus.

Hope you're planning to have a nice weekend!! Mines very quiet as I have some annual leave on Tues for a few things I have on so tonight and tomorrow I'm cooking some nice healthy food! Tonight I'm making grilled fish fillets with a warm sweet potato salad on the side will a light chive, white balsamic and garlic dressing. Tomorrow night I'm making a feta and spinach frittata...I love cooking!!!

Enjoy keep smiling babe!
MM

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Hey everyone,

MM - thank you so much!!! I do feel really good at the moment, weight loss has been a very emotional journey for me and it has been a lot about loving myself. Since I started doing that I think I look a lot better, definitely get more attention from men... not that I care either way :P
Yeh dancing in the lounge room is my fun 'day off' workout, I just try and make everything jiggle as much as possible haha!
Hope you are feeling better babe - yum those recipes sound soo good and so healthy! I cooked from scratch last night and it's so much more fun than using sauce from a jar haha.

I am feeling good in my jeans, they feel much less tight however I still have a tiny bit of overhang and would like a bit more definition on my abs. I haven't been behaving too well in terms of eating, because it was my birthday last week and I got a lot of chockies. I didn't binge tho, just been eating them a bit at a time, so I'm proud of that. Been exercising my ass off too. Anyway, as of today I"m back on the diet wagon!!! That's why I logged on here!

Thanks for reading :)
fi_112

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 pm

You look great in that photo! I'll echo Miss Minx... you look perfect as you are!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby fi_112 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Thank YOU!!!!!
I really appreciate it :)
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Hey chicky
Good to hear you're kicking it, keep up the good work!! I really dont have the motivation this week...I havent exercised much at all just yoga twice this week... I've been eating 1500-1600 calories...not so much bad bad foods but just MORE food so yeah not good but I know that I will bounce back again soon because I cant live like this lol I need to reach my goal!!

Whats the rest of your week looking like in terms of exercise?? I need a boost of motivation so inspire me lol

MM :)

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey,
Yeah I have been a bit naughty in terms of eating, I just can't seem to diet the way that you guys do. I forget to write it down and even when I do I only do it for a few days. I still try and be as healthy as possible.. I think that I still have some eating issues that I need to deal with ... guess it's a long journey hey?

Exercise has always been the easy part for me. This week I started with jacob's ladder (this massive flight of stairs in Kings Park in Perth) six times (aim is 10 in 45 mins but it rained on me), Sunday I just went for a long walk with my bf and our dogs, Monday was a whole body weights session and a cardio session, yesterday was 45 minutes of dancing around the house to a workout mix (haha!) I'm still a bit sore from Monday so today I am just going to do some good old cardio. I love doing classes at the gym but haven't been lately so I wouldn't mind doing one this week too.

anyway good luck 2 everyone else, i spose I better take another picture soon and post it :)
thanks xx
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:03 pm

hey chicky,

Yes same, I definitely go and up and down in terms of my diet - as soon as I put on a few kilos then again I go really strict on the diet to get them off and then back up again.. always up and down like that but I never stop exercising, I just dont exercise AS MUCH when my diet is off track.

Anyways I'm still stuck in my little 'bad eating' times and will no doubt snap out of it soon as usual LOL.

How many steps approximately all the way up ? I have stairs at home which I run up and down sometimes but there are only 16 steps to the top I usually run up and down 20 times x 2 on the day that I do my hand weights to chuck in some cardio!

Take care and bounce back soon with your diet too!!
MMxo

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Jacob's ladder is 242 steps (I just looked it up). My aim is to do 10 (up & down = 1) in 45 minutes. It's a great leg & cardio workout. My sister did it with weights in a backpack when she was training for the Kokoda trail!!

I'm the opposite, I exercise more the worse I eat, alleviate the guilt haha! Life is too short to worry too much about it tho... I just wish I had as much discipline as some of the people here haha!
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there