It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:03 pm

Progress pics below. Slight improvement but these love handles are so stubborn!!

I have been thinking that I should weigh myself. I haven't done it for months and I'm bloody scared... :( Any advice?
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Just do it Fi :lol: .
Good luck.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby wannabeslim » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:38 pm

holy crap your stomach looks amazing and the difference is astouding. thanks for the inspiration! i love this site!!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Thank you so much. Yeah this site is great, a little addictive tho!! haha
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 pm

VERY addictive this site indeed!!

YES you look FAB!!!

Just weigh yourself its been ages, face it and keep going :)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:50 am

But I'm scared :( haha. I actually gave the scales the finger last time I weighed myself (months ago). Whenever I walk past them we give eachother evils. HAHAHA so sad
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Lol Fi :D , if you just hop on them at least youll know where you stand and lets face it, you look fantastic so the 'news' cant be all bad :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am

Well, I did it. Wish I hadn't, because it wasn't good. My measurements have dropped and Í'm fitting my clothes well, and still getting compliments, but I've actually gained kg. I'm not going to say what the weight was because I'm actually not sure if the scales even work properly, and plus I just don't want to. I was a bit upset at first but I am trying to focus on the following...

-I genuinely do think that I have developed my muscles a lot recently, I am getting quite defined. I know that athletes can sometimes have a BMI that is obese (mine's still well into healthy) so fingers crossed it's muscle mass!!!
-If I'm heavier, I'm allowed to eat more calories
-Life is too short for my to waste time being upset over my weight when I'm obviously not overweight

So, I am focussing on slowing down and enjoying my food. I still occasionally overeat when I am in certain situations, e.g. bring-a-plate dinners with my girlfriends, but not when I'm by myself, and sometimes I go back for seconds when I'm satisfied with what I already ate. I am trying hard to get to the root of this problem, questioning why I want more etc. I have signed up for online counselling because, after all, I have been really healthy for a year now and have changed most of my habits, but this one is sticking, so I'm figuring there must be underlying issues. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't think it's emotional eating, more like .. habitual, setting-triggered overeating?!??!

The goal is still to lose the love handles in the jeans which I'm pretty close to so just trying to focus on that and not the rude number the scales told me yesterday!

Looking for a new gym at the moment so that should be good to mix things up.

Thanks guys xxxxx
fi_112

Postby wannabeslim » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 pm

id probably have chucked the scales out the window in a violent rage. i suggest you do the same. you will feel alot better! (untill you have to replace the window of course!)
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes I think its a habit definitely..all in the mind.

This guy that sits behind me at work eats all the time but is apparently on a diet. He thinks that eating a whole packet of Sakata biscuits during the day is heatlhy because theyre 98% fat free or whatever. I swear every like hour he starts opening something 'thinking' that its good for him and that he HAS TO eat that much to survive. He eats heaps and heaps of nuts because he believes theyre really good for him but nothing is in moderation for him as he has the perception if its not hamburgers or chocolate then its fine to eat as much as he wants.

He is a little overweight in the tummy and face but yeah thats not shifting anywhere if he continues the way he is going. I thought i was bad with my morning and afternoon cravings of food but he takes the cake.

Anyways yes it comes down to KNOWING that you have enough food in your body to keep you going to your next meal and when you get to your next meal really enjoy it at the time, eat slowly and stuff and hopefully you wont NEED to go for more.

:)

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Yeah I used to be a bit like that. If a packet of something was open, I had to eat it. I am sooo much better now, I have had a box of lite cookies in the cupboard for a week and have managed to only eat them for my allocated snacks and not binged. I can do this confidently now. Ít seems weird, almost opposite to what you'd expect, but it's only when I get around lots of food in a social situation that I just go MORE MORE MORE. I've tried and tried to beat this, but it has proven difficult. I think I just need to break the habit and then reward myself and feel good for breaking it. Not to say I won't treat myself and have dessert on occasion, but I don't need three desserts just because my mum made it!!

I am just trying to listen to my body. Have been really good this week, did 8 laps of Jacob's ladder, aim is 10 so I'm getting there! Felt amazing afterwards, you know that great feeling you get after you push yourself really hard? MM - I bet you're an addict for that feeling!
Have also bought some pilates bands and a skipping rope and booked myself in for boxing next week. I think I need a few weeks off the gym, be a bit more creative with my workouts before I find a new gym.

Going to a BBQ tomorrow so will have to try out my newfound binge-resistent mind frame! haha!
have a great wkend guys xx

PS:
wannabeslim wrote:id probably have chucked the scales out the window in a violent rage. i suggest you do the same. you will feel alot better! (untill you have to replace the window of course!)

HAHAHAH! it'd be worth it. t
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Well I am pretty happy with myself this weekend. I went to an 80th birthday yesterday, had a fruit salad before I left and managed not to overeat the nibblies! The best part was that i didn't feel out of control, even after a few (sugar free :P) drinks I still looked at the food, decided if I was hungry and what I felt like, rather than just stuffing it in cos it was there. We ended up staying all day and so didn't have dinner but just a few nibblies. Today, I went out for lunch and had a steak, which was soo good, but gonna have a light dinner to make up for it. Walked 7kms with my boyfriend and dogs today as well.
I am happy because I didn't feel out of control around the food, I think that admitting on this thread that I have a problem with it has helped a lot.

Aiming to really kick my own ass this week with my workouts and also to keep listening to my body.

So feeling good :) xx
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Very well done with the food over the weekend!! Nice work, thats exactly how it should be done when trying to lose some weight or maintain.

Good to read that you're feeling great lately and hitting it hard with the exercise this week! I'm gonna do the same, morning and night. Morning I'm hitting the treadmill on fast interval running to get my heart racing and hopefully burn fat a lot quicker than I have been in recent months.

Let us know how you go this week soon.

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Yep and I was extra good today to make up for any indulgence over the weekend. Had a massive plate of honey soy vegies for tea, yum!!

So I would like to know how you run for 10km without getting bored and stopping?? I'm always amazed at that!! hehe
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Oh I do get bored and I've had the tv on in the treadmill room and I've had my ipod but I've given up on them as I dont really concentrate on them so I have nothing.

I have many days when I think about things...just things going on in my life and that kinda gets me through about 3/4's of the way. Otherwise last night I struggled with my 8kms but I still did it I just sucked it up and kept saying to myself

'it will be over soon, its only 45mins and then i can sit down and enjoy a nice dinner with bf'

that seriously helps me get through and also results do too...as soon as I drop a couple of kgs, every time I get back up on the treadmill I feel that extra bit motivated for the run.

MM

MissMinx

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there