It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:55 am

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah I find it helps to think of other things as well. The weather is pretty bad in Perth at the moment so I haven't had a chance to go for a run, been doing inside exercise instead. But I have a 7km track so I'll start on that when it clears up. But still amazed that you do it most days!!

Went to boxing yesterday - was so much fun! Went to my mum's house for tea and had a bit of chockie cake but I DIDN'T BINGE like I normally do up there, so I think I'm getting more control of my overeating.
I bought a new dress for my birthday drinks (very belated) and it's a size EIGHT!!!!! I know I'm not usually an 8 but I'm so happy I seem to be an 8-12... which I guess is a 10 :) Which I'm VERY HAPPY WITH. Not quite on the bottom half though... almost fitting into some size 10 pants that a friend gave me, 12's are way more comfortable but I'm hoping that being a comfortable size 10 in pants is on the horizon now ...

Sore from boxing today so just did some leg work and a cardio session. Day at a time!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:09 pm

I know I've never been into going to classes or whatever, I just want to run and do my weights at home and get to my goal that way. I dont know I feel the best when I know I've had a really good thorough run, feels like my whole body works out the best that way.

Size 8 dress!!!!!!!!!! thats crazy good!! what kind of dress is it? where did you get it from too?

When are your belated bday drinks?
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Awesome, each to their own I guess. I find I have the most success when I mix it up a lot. Maybe one day I'll be a runner like you :)

My dress is from Valleygirl (haha I'm a cheapskate uni student!) It's beautiful though, white, fitted but not too tight.. it's hard to explain, I will post a pic. Drinks are two weeks tomorrow, going to be working my legs a lot til then and getting a spray tan before hand.

Eating has been pretty good, weekend will be the test.
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Nice!! sounds great cant wait to see it on you.
I bought a couple of nice simple tops from valleygirl a few weeks ago that look great with jeans or skirts...absolute bargain.

I've got a 30th tomorrow night and going out to Room in Melbourne next Friday night for an event...what to wear what to wearrrrr!! heheh if I had a choice I would definitely come back as a guy!

Weekend eating is always put to the test isnt it! I got a really nice chicken casserole recipe thats only 330 calories per serve. Im using chicken breast chunks instead of the thigh for it so looking forward to that on Sunday night and leftovers for Monday too!!

Whats on your dinner menu tonight if you're still around to reply today?

MM :)

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 am

Yum chicken casserole! Sounds awesome. Last night I went out for dinner with my girlfriends, we went to Japanese and I had Terriyaki. It's pretty much one of the only healthy options around unless you get salad and I was STARVING. I've gotten them all addicted to it since I started my health kick!
Not sure about tonight, going out with a friend for a few drinks and a dance so will probably just have toast or something for dinner to balance the alcohol calories.
Enjoy the 30th! I'm sure whatever you wear you'll look hot after your kick ass week!
Can't wait to hear the results of your weigh-in, I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

My pledge for the weekend: I will not overeat just because it's the weekend!
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Thanks chicky, looking forward to tonight.

I lurrrrrrrrvvv Japanese terriyaki anything !! heheh

Yes keep it in tact this weekend as I will also, I'm right there with you!!

Have a great one and speak next week!

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:58 am

Mmmm me too. Addicted to Japanese, I took my bf out for sushi yesterday haha!

Weekend was pretty good all in all, did Jacob's ladder 9 x on Friday which is a serious PB for me. Next week is the big 10!! It's such a mental challenge getting up and down those stairs! So was a bit sore on Sat so just did some situps, and Sunday played tennis for 40 mins, and then walked around the city shopping for 3 hrs. Was much more fun than the gym! hehe.

In terms of eating, I was pretty good except for having half a serve of chicken pasta on sat (and the other half chicken salad - from sumo salad) on saturday because I was so hungover! Managed to only drink vodka and diet and then one champagne. I was happy with my efforts although they weren't perfect because for once I don't have a guilty feeling on Monday.

Aim for this week is once again to not overeat... the last time I did was two weeks ago which is a record for me. I also want to exercise hard again.

Good luck 2 everyone else, thanks 4 the support MM xx
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

Hey chicky,

Well done with Jacobs ladder.... your butt and legs must really pay for it!! Go for the 10 just find it in you somewhere you can do it!!! :D

When I know I'm going shopping for clothes and stuff I know that I'm going to be walking around the shops for at least 3 hours so I always try to do a quick run in the morning and thats pretty much for the day...it can get tiring especially the way I shop I'm so indecisive.

Good one with the vodkas and diet drinks sometimes you just have to do it that way.

Get some more protein into you and you may not want to overeat as much..i always tell myself that too. Its always hard when you have social things on too.

Keep up the hard work and will speak to you soon! I feel the pain lol.
MMxo

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 am

Yeah this Friday should be the big 10!

I think I really should eat more protein, I am tending away from meat at the moment for some reason but I do love tuna, chicken, nuts, yoghurt and all that yummy protein so I might make an effort to fill up on that rather than carbs, like u said.

Yeah I always have social stuff on, I'm 22 so still in the big drinking stage which does make it a bit more difficult.

Anyway, I'll keep u posted as to how the rest of the week goes :) xx
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:57 am

Exactly right listen to your body and go for the foods that will keep you full for longer. I do too i love all the proteins and good fats like avocados and nuts etc... I'll be reaching for those in this journey of mine :)

Talk to you soon
MMxo

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:55 am

k, so I've upped the protein, had tuna for lunch, nuts for arvo tea and chicken for dinner. I feel better already!

This week I've been mixing it up with my exercises, as I said I did tennis Sunday, weights and cardio Monday, dancing Tuesday, a bike ride Wednesday and a swim yesterday. I've been enjoying it a lot. Today is time to hit 10 x Jacob's ladders, hopefully it won't rain too much on me.

Eating has been good, tonight I am going to a dinner party so that will be a challenge but I really have to remain in control.

I think that my new attitude has paid off, my body seems to be looking better. I'll take pics soon.

SO CLOSE!!
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Progress... come ON!! so close!
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Wow your stomach looks fabulous babe! I love the central line its very obvious! your jeans are looking good and generally your shape is really really nice.

Good to hear that you've been feeling good about yourself etc, keep it up and you'll get where you want to be.

Hope you had a nice wkd.
MM

MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Thank u so much :) Just that little rounded bit of fat on my hips, I want it streamlined. It's so hard and progress is so slow but I'm getting there.

Not been in the best mindframe this week, just can't help all these negative thoughts I'm having. But just going to keep trying. I did a boxing class today so I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow!
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:16 pm

This week has been pretty good. I actually went for a run yesterday because Perth has been sunny, LOVELY CHANGE!!

My exercise so far this week has been:

Sat - 40 min power walk, abs
Sun - 30 min pilates
Mon - 20 mins cardio (dancing), 10 mins stretches
Tues - 65 min boxing class
Wed - Run
Thurs - 40 mins pilates/weights, 20 mins cardio, stretches

Also been keeping active with incidental exercise most of the time - I work as a mental health support worker so that involves cleaning houses and taking people shopping which is quite active.

Tomorrow I will aim to do Jacob's 10 times again. It's my birthday drinks tomorrow night, fitting into my size 8 dress really well, yay! Only problem is I have come out in a rash all over my chest and neck, for some reason :( Not sure why. Will have to cover it with makeup ... yuck :( :(

Eating has been good but not great, Sunday night went to a big family get together, I ate a bit much icecream but it was so good :) Have been just trying to make every day as healthy as possible. Trying to avoid the negative self talk, calling myself a fat b*tch, grabbing my fat etc! I know most of us do it from time to time. Would love to rid my mind of that negativity though.

Hope everyone is going well, sorry 4 the rant :) xx
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there