It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:18 am

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Right, well this week my goal is to perfect my eating AND my exercise. I wanna work my ass off but eat well as well. Pretty simple really haha xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Runner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm

You can do it! You look fab in those jeans by the way!
Runner

Postby fi_112 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:19 am

Thanks Runner!!! :) I have a little bit to go though.

My exercise plan this week:

Monday - BIG weights and cardio session at the rec centre across the road ($9)
Tuesday - At home boxing circuit
(1st set = 20 punches L, 20 punches R, 2nd set = 19 punches L, 19 punches R, 3rd set = 18 punches L, 18 punches R, etc etc
Wednesday - Pilates (I hired a book from the library so have some new moves!!) and cardio
Thursday - Walk
Friday - Jacob's ladder - 10 in 50 minutes
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:25 am

Whoops .. posted that too soon and can't frigging figure out how to edit it.

My tues boxing circuit will be:
1st set = 20 punches L, 20 punches R, 2nd set = 19 punches L, 19 punches R, 3rd set = 18 punches L, 18 punches R, etc etc til I reach 1
1 minute of skipping rope
1 minute of speed boxing

Repeat 3 times

1st set = 20 overhead double punches, 2nd set = 19 etc etc
1 minute of skipping rope
1 minute of speed boxing

Repeat 3 times

I may note that this involves me punching a mattress in my study.. not very glamourous but I'm a struggling uni student haha
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Ok, so had a great workout on Monday, it was awesome to be back in a gym again! I think a break has done me the world of good. I did 55 mins weights and 35 mins cardio. Yesterday I did my little boxing circuit which took about 35 mins. I 'm really sore today so I'm not sure if pilates is a good idea.

I am a bit sick with the flu and have had a bit of an upset stomach as well. Usually I keep exercising through illness and it helps me get better quicker. I want to go 4 a walk but it's RAINING. DAMN WINTER!!!!

Eating has been pretty good, I should probably reduce my portion sizes at dinner though.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
fi_112

Postby Runner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:54 pm

I've always wondered if exercising helps you get better quicker, I had a bit of a sniffle yesterday and wimped out of my run, but today i went and i really do feel better.
Runner

Postby fi_112 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:28 pm

It really does. I felt like crap this morning but did 45 minutes Jacob's ladder/cardio and I feel better. Got a bit light-headed and short of breath and I'm not really sure if you are s'posed to do it, but I do anyway. Guess it depends how sick you are!
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Sometimes I wonder if this thing is too important in my life. I mean, when I start I wanted to be a 10-12. Then it was a perfect 10, now I'm setting my sights for an 8-10. When will it be enough? Will I always just want to lose a little bit more fat off my hips, have a little more definition in my abs until I have no feminine softness at all? Will I ever be able to wake up the morning after drinking cocktails and NOT cringe at how much sugar and calories I must have had? I try to strike a balance but I can't eat even one burger without almost crying with guilt...surely that isn't balance?
I feel guilty if I have more than 2 days off exercise in any one week.

What exactly do I want from it all anyway? Will having a waist that is 5cm smaller really change my life all that much? People already tell me I have a great body so if that's what I wanted, I should be satisfied.
and what about if i do reach a stage where I am completely happy? Will I have to spend the rest of my life maintaining it?!?!?

I just wish I could go for a week or two without thinking about dieting or food at all.

Sorry for the rant!!! It just suddenly occured to me that this could go on forever if I let it?!?!?
fi_112

Postby love to shop » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:18 pm

It's good that you recognise that!

About 13 years ago I lost 14 kg at Weight watchers and got to a point where I didn't know where to stop, I was obsessed with exercising and got down to a size 8. Then I realised that the hard part was going to be living normally, maintaining a good weight and not making a 'lifestyle' out of weight loss. I had to confront a few things about myself and what sort of life I was living, and what things were actually missing in my life that made it important for me to obsess about weight loss, to take my mind off how unhappy I was, even at a size 8 I was really unhappy inside....sounds pretty deep hey, lol. :roll: :lol:

Anyway I think you have done an amazing job to reach your goal and go beyond that.. Well done for having such insight into yourself too.
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Postby fi_112 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Thank u for ur support hun.

I have always known that my relationship with food is not straightforward. I have tried so hard to deal with it and I think I've done so well as I no longer binge. I used to binge at least once a week but the weird thing was I never felt guilty about it. I guess I couldn't see the effect on my body straight away so I convinced myself it wás just an enjoyable activity and it wouldn't lead to weight gain. I definitely have it under control, but now I have a different issue... a preoccupation with diet, exercise and my size/shape. I guess I'm scared that if I stop obsessing I'll gain weight. I don't know why this body is so important to me.
Don't get my wrong, I'm so happy with my body and my life in general, I love it, but I just always want to lose a little more...

Uhhh I guess my head it just a little mixed up right now! 'But thank u again for ur reply. I feel better knowing that you went thru similar :)
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:31 am

Heyyyy!! :) I havent written in a while (so busy at work) and I've just read through all your posts lately... i feel so so much like you........

Everything you expressed about feeling the guilts if you dont exercise after 2 days, the feeling of waking up the next day after having a boozy night out and all the sugar consumed etc, the way diet and exercise seems to be always on your mind and you just want to always lose that bit more.

I know I live this way too....... it just goes to show babe that we're not where we want to be and we havent experienced living with our confident and happy selves and bodies - I mean I have been 'there' before but I let it go and I forgot what it was like and it wasnt LONG ENOUGH....i didnt allow myself 20% treats through the 7 day week, slowly slowly i allowed myself more and more and I gained weight again.

Unfortunately I put on weight and you may be the same - we know by now what we have to do to keep it off and allow small treats..its just the willpower to not slip up along the way too much. Sweeping it under the rug and hoping nothing happens from it is no way to live because it eventually catches up and we always gain weight from that sort of behaviour :(

Keep motivated and keep in mind summer is coming!!!!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Thanks for the reply MM. Good to see you're down to 66kg!! Wow :)

I'm glad other people can relate re the guilt etc. Yeah I definitely know what I should be doing and I guess that's why I feel guilty sometimes.. all these 'shoulds'!! I don't think that losing the tiny bit I want to lose would actually make that much difference to be honest, but it would make me feel like I have really reached my goal. This time I am going to be careful about maintenance, then hopefully it will stay off by itself eventually!
I do feel really good about myself, when I go out I feel hotter than ever and my boyfriend makes me feel good too but it's just... I don't know, I just feel that I'm not quite there! I'm sure you know what I mean.

At the end of the day though, happiness is the most important thing!

Feeling better today except that I pulled a muscle in my back so I am crippled today .. I have had to cancel two of my work shifts and am couch-bound. Going to use it to catch up on uni study, and then later on ATTEMPT to exercise.
fi_112

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Thank you its slow and steady weight loss in the past fortnight, I know its got to do with work and not much me time to train as I would like to.

Yeah same my bf makes me feel fantastic and I love going out and getting glammed up etc etc but theres a little voice inside of me that keeps telling me I want to be slightly better, more toned and a few kgs lighter...thats all I ask for :)

Oh no sorry to hear about your back - how did you do it you poor thing??? take it easy and simply eat fresh fresh foods and make all your veggies and salads colourful and exciting heheh. I get naughty sometimes when I get sick and use that as an excuse to eat a few bad things and then I end up feeling awful so dont do anything like that - I'm just silly and weak in those situations.

Get better soon!
MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Yeah I get that little voice too! Just a bit more... :) haha at least we aren't alone! I think I will know when i'm where I wanna stay.

My back is ok, I hurt it picking up a baby at one of my shifts, but the doctor said I could just load up on painkillers and still exercise, and exercising actually seems to be helping. I did 2 workouts today - 1/2 hr cardio and 1/2 hr boot camp style with my best mate. Feeling really good again. Í can't wait til my back is better and then I'll be back in good health... after a rash, the flu, a sick tummy and a sore back! hahaha nothing by halves!

Joined a new gym today - Goodlife - and got a really good rate so very excited to start there!!! :) :) :)
fi_112

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

hi fi,

read through ur thread today just wanted to say i think a lot of us have the same prob. I don't know anyone else with that little food monster who screams 'all u can eat' when u go out - it's like a free pass when your out - when it should be the opposite!

I feel inspired reading through your posts - i keep yo yoing up and down - not sure what weight i am at the mo but i think somewhere around 75-77 kilos - and my goal weight is 65-67 kilos. Never been able to get below about 71 but as soon as i hit 72 i start escalating again.

Anyways good luck with the new gym, and your weightloss in general. i'm taking time off the gym at the moment to try training outdoors and see if that works for me :) i used to love the gym but i become way to obsessed with it.

xo
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there