It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:05 am

Free Newsletter

My new goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My new goal

Postby fi_112 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:59 am

Great idea CC! I took a month off the gym, bought some pilates bands etc (as u prob read) and now I'm back I'm absolutely loving it again. Once you've taken some time off it you get ur zest for it back.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am slowly getting over my issues but my GOD isn't it a slow and difficult process??? haha :) xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:57 pm

I have had a great week exercise wise - have started to run about 5km at a time and then switch to the cross trainer or bike. I want to be able to run 12km so I can do the City to Surf. I know that I'm fit enough I just need my mental stamina to increase a bit,

Eating has been pretty good too - been finding myself eating a lot of Asian food - sushi, vegies and rice, vietnamese and japanese terriyaki for example. Had a few wines on Friday night but I'm usually sticking to the red these days so I figure that's an improvement!

Emotionally, I haven't been so good. I think the routine of weight loss has turned into a bit of an obsession - I usually love my food but these days I find myself second guessing - ARE YOU REALLY HUNGRY? SHOULD YOU HAVE EATEN THAT? and thinking about my body a lot more than I should. I had a bit of a cry to my boyfriend about it on Friday night but he wasn't the best at handling it. He isn't very good at emotional stuff and even though he tries to understand he never will, because he has a gorgeous body and is so muscular that his body burns energy up in a second. I feel a bit pressured to stay thin for him too - but I'm starting to realise this is probably just me projecting my issues onto him.
Anyway, the moral of the story is I have made some new rules for this week:

1. No body checking (pinching fat etc)
2. No looking at my body in the mirror (I do this waaay too much, so self obsessed haha)
3. No negative self talk or self inflicted guilt whatsoever
4. No talking about my body/diet/exercise to my man or my friends (it will probably start to annoy them soon)
5. Less of this forum (sorry :( but I think I need to stop comparing my tiny losses to the big losses of others)
6. Just enjoy my food and my exercise and the benefits of my new lifestyle

Thanks for reading guys!!! :) :) :)
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:01 am

Hey guys,
week is going really well. Did weights and cardio Monday, RPM Tuesday and 40 mins cardio today. Body is a bit sore but I'm not going to have a rest day until my motivation wanes!
I have been less obssessed with my body this week too.
I am soo close, the body I see in the mirror is ALMOST THERE!!!
hope u are all going well xx
fi_112

Postby court » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh fi I just read through your post and it sounds so much like me. I am so obsessive but I am a binger atm and I need to get over that first. argh. You are doing fantastically well taking control and I am going to follow your posts!! So thanks :)
court

Postby fi_112 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks Court! Yeah I have mostly dealt with my bingeing issues now .. I've even had a box of cereal in the house for 10 days and haven't finished it yet, which to me is some kind of record! And icecream in the house since SUNDAY! hahaha... small things!
what is your bingeing behaviour like, court? is it emotional or habitual like mine?
but yeah, I think the closer you get to your ultimate body and the harder it gets the more obsessed you get .. trying to find small improvements to keep your spirits up!

I had a good day today, at Pilates at the gym the instructor told me she could tell that I have done pilates before. Which is encouraging to know I've been doing it right. Got my size 10 jeans on today and they feel good.

Thanks again for reading Court!!! xxx
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:05 pm

I know I update my pic too frequently but this is what i mean by close..... grr
fi_112

Postby Amethyst » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Wow you're looking great.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby fi_112 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Thankyou. Feeling good atm because I have started running, got up to 8km. My aim for next week will be 9 or 10km.
Going out drinking tonight so will just have a light dinner of vegie soup, left over from last night.

Still fighting the demons in my head but trying to change my thought patterns..
fi_112

Postby court » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:18 pm

You look great Fi - I dont think I will ever post pics of my tummy haha but you look fabulous!!!

what is your bingeing behaviour like, court? is it emotional or habitual like mine?

I think it is habitual! I have nothing really that i can pinpoint emotionally that may instigate a binge. I know what time of day they happen - after dinner!! Every evening after dinner the munchies start in front of the tele - doesnt matter if I have exercised then have dinner later I still feel the need to binge and it is killing me!!! It might be a pack or two of twisties or two bits of toast with peanut butter and jam or a bowl of ice cream with diet topping - I just wish I could say NO to everything but atm i cant...Saturday I ate half a family block of chocolate I seriously felt so sick afterwards too - but cos I had just played an intense game and ate a healthy dinner I felt like i deserved it - i am an idiot it seems sooo stupid now!

I got up this morning and went running - Only did around 5-6km but I am going out for dinner tonight so I miss my spin class... Goin to make up for it tomorrow with spin and hand weights...

Just finding this all too much at the moment! And I feel fatter tahn I ever have (stupid seeing as though I once tipped the scales at 90kgs!!)...I had to change my singlet in front of the team on the weekend and I felt like everyone was staring at me... stupid seeing as though my tummy is pretty flat but I still hate it.... argh!!!!! :roll: Not sure what i can do to lift this mood right now but I am wokring on it!!
court

Postby fi_112 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey Court -
Thanku! I actually don't mind my tummy, it's my hips that I don't like. I would be happy with a bit more definition but I'm sure that will come as I drop a bit more body fat.
It sounds like you're having a tough time atm! Maybe you should give yourself a break and step back a bit? I had/have the same problem, even when I've had a yummy, satisfying dinner, I always feel the urge to keep snacking at night. I guess it is because the habit has taken years to form, we aren't going to be able to break it in a week or 2!
What I've done it give myself permission to have as many Jarrah's or bits of sugarfree chewy as I want. I am down to having one or two Jarráh's as well as my lil (planned) dessert, which ísn't ideal because I'm usually not hungry, but it is a nice comfort! I also used to write down how I felt and what I had eaten, and most importantly, whether or not I was hungry. Trying to pay more attention to your physical hunger is a good idea too. But I know how hard it can be, when you don't know the reason you're doing it!!
I also know what it's like to feel fat even when you've been waaay fatter, I guess you get used to seeing a skinnier you so you're more strict on yourself! but 66 kg babe.. that is amazing!!! give yourself some credit!

I weighed myself this morning, and it wasn't too scary!!! It's weird though because I'm heavier than my lightest weight, but I'm smaller and much more toned. Weird. It must be muscle or something. I'm not too worried but I want to lose about 3kg before summer - maybe 4kg so I have a buffer for xmas! hehe. I am feeling so much more positive, the number on the scales doesn't bother me so much anymore because I am happy with myself! Ha, who knew!
I have decided to rejoin Calorieking as well.

What did I learn from calorieking last time?
- Be consistent - I would be really good and then really bad. I need a more consistent balance
- Be honest - I would record when I was good and not when I was bad
- Be positive - no obsessing! Life is too short!

going away this weekend so might be a challenge but will worry about that when it happens!
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:25 am

Yesterday went well. Went to my sisters house for dinner and ate til I was just satisfied. it's nice that it's not a stressful situation anymore to eat socially.
I did a big leg weights session yesterday and some uphill tready work so my legs are sore today. Might try and do a big run before uni because I just love the endorphin rush afterwards.
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:51 am

Make sure you run a mile for me Fi :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 am

Haha i did indeed, my legs are sooo sore now, I had to have a day off exercise today except for some gentle upper body work and stretches! They feel firm as though.

going away this weekend with my boyfriend for our 3 yr anniversary, my only goal is not to stress out about my body, my weight, my food. He has listened to enough of that crap, this weekend we both deserve a break!!

have a great weekend guys xx
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Have a great weekend away Fi :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Czarina » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:14 pm

fi_112 wrote:Haha i did indeed, my legs are sooo sore now, I had to have a day off exercise today except for some gentle upper body work and stretches! They feel firm as though.

going away this weekend with my boyfriend for our 3 yr anniversary, my only goal is not to stress out about my body, my weight, my food. He has listened to enough of that crap, this weekend we both deserve a break!!

have a great weekend guys xx

My boy and I are up for our 3 year anniversary in just under a month, as well. Congratulations! Just relax and enjoy! That's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to think how much better I feel in my body than I did on our second anniversary.

Have an awesome time! :mrgreen:
Czarina

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there