It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:05 am

Free Newsletter

I'm almost there.........

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

I'm almost there.........

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi all :D , just thought I would set up shop here as I am almost where I want to be.
I have had my goal set at 60 kilos (3.5 kilos away) but the closer it gets the more I feel as if I wont settle for 60 and would maybe like to aim for 57-58 so in short I guess,at this stage, I'm not sure what my ultimate goal will be.

Apart from that not a lot to report, I walked junior to school and then I walked home again and will do the same this arvo if the rain holds off and boredom is starting to set in so I might jump on the Wii and do some step for half an hour- I need to work off the curry and chocolate from Saturday night :lol: .
Ive not got much else planned for the next couple of days, it's kind of quiet around here right now.

Have a great day all and thanks for reading my waffling :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: I'm almost there.........

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Sue,
So where is it best we write to you on updates, here or weekly weigh-in??

Sounds nice and relaxing and enough amount of time to fit in some exercise :) meanwhile I'm sitting at my desk from 8.30am to 5.00pm :( I feel like running damn it!

Enjoy your day :)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 pm

Either MM, I read and post in both so either will be seen.

Anyway its that time of day where I have to get my butt moving and get ready to go and pick the boy child up from school, its looking a bit like rain but I'm going to take a punt and walk :lol: .
Wish me luck :P .

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Hehe good luck the rain will make you faster...well it would make me run because I wouldnt want to get my hair wet ;)

Take care Ill write soon.

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:24 pm

You have done so extraordinarily well, Sue. Congratulations! I'm sure you'll lose these final few kilos in no time at all with your determination. You're a real inspiration to us all. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:04 pm

The minute I walked out the door it started spitting but I walked anyway, luckily it soon stopped :) .

Thanks EWQ :) , you have done so well yourself as have many people here :) .

Heres to the last few kilos (however many they may be :P ).

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Sue when you've reached wherever you're happy at, will you show us some pics?? would be fantastic to see you!!

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Certainly will MM. I was going to post an update pic last weekend but Matt likes to take the photos (a little thing we have got going) and he slept at his grandparents on Friday night so he wasnt here to do it so I'll get him to do one later in the week or maybe even today after school and Ill put it up.

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

That would be fantastic Sue.

Do you ever go out fine dining? My bf and I love to go out to fancy restaurants and reminice about life together over a nice meal and wine, probably about once every 5 weeks. I feel guilty doing it now when I've still got about 5kgs to go but at the same time I wonder if its really weighing me down..

Hope your day is treating you nicely.

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi MM, no we dont really do the fine dining thing, hubby does a bit with work but I dont go. I'm more a meal in a nice local hotel kind of girl :P .

I wouldnt feel guilty about it MM, particularly if it is your only night off each 6 weeks or so.
Just this morning I was thinking about maybe taking one night off each month and am deciding if it will amke any difference to my losses or not. I am still undecided :lol: .

Ive had a pretty productive day today, I did some washing, walked junior to school, made some more protein slice, did some step aerobics on the wii, went and priced a hrm and am about to go and pick the little fella up in a few minutes (not walking though :wink: ), oh and cut the vegies up for tea. So all in all not a bad days work :)

I hope today is treating you well also, have a good one (whats left of it) :) .

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 pm

Not really progress notes but just something I wanted to jot down.

Today I had a great arvo out with my sister.....shopping :lol: .
Sis gave me a pair of size 12 black pants (they are too short for her) so of course she had to replace them so off to target we go, $200 later out we walked (all their winter stuff is on clearance). Off we go to visit her friend who wanted to look at the clothes in Target so off we go again $150 later out we walk.
4 hrs later we get back to sis' place who decided she needs to make room for her new haul so as well as the black pants she had given me earlier and the 2 new shirts and 2 knitted tops I had bought from Target I walked out of her house with a new skirt, a new jacket and around 7 or 8 tops/shirts. I cant ever remember having so many clothes in my life.
A small thing for some but a huge thing for me and it has nicely rounded off the weekend. I dont think Ill need to buy clothes for ages, certainly not this side of Christmas anyway :lol: .

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Hi Sue,
Gosh you really went on a shopping spree indeed! The problem is when you lose weight and get closer to your goal...most things tend to look great on and then you end up buying too much and there goes the money!

How you been this week?

MM

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:59 am

Hi MM :) , Im doing well hows yourself?

I have been a bit busier than usual this week, I cant work out why though but thats why I havent been around as much as usual.
The shopping was a bundle of fun and it was all stuff that fits but will look that bit better with an extra couple of kilos gone so I played it safe and it should all still be fine for next year. The only stuff that probably wont fit is some of the stuff my sister gave me as some of it is bordering on too big now :D .

I ended up going back to Target, again, with my mum on Tuesday and bought 2 pairs of black dress pants that were $45 marked down to $11.89 a pair, again I was stoked both at the price and the fact they are a size 10 and they fit but again, another couple of kilos gone and they'll fit even better :) .

I have to post and run as I need to boot the boy child up the butt and get him moving for school (we are walking), bye bye for now and Ill be back later.

Have a great day all :D .

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 am

Lol Sue now thats a bargain for pants!!

Well keep up us up to date on your progress and your training etc! When are you likely to weigh yourself next? I know you dont really do it weekly but about once a month do you like to?

MM

MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Tha pants were a real bargain MM, if Id had a need for them I would have got a couple more pairs but 2 is enough to keep me going and I figured far better to pay $12ish now rather than $50 odd next year.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted MM :) .

I will probably weigh again on the 29th of this month as I am off out for lunch with my Grandpa, sister,mum and the boy child that day so I figure I had better get in and weigh then rather than the day after when full of salt and water :lol: .

Shalimar

Next

Return to Almost there