It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:54 am

Free Newsletter

I'm almost there.........

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm almost there.........

Postby MissMinx » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Ahhhh yes good move weighing in just before you fill up on the water and salt...nasty things scare the hell out of us :)

Well just keep doing what you're doing and we're all eagerly waiting to hear your results as always.

Hope you're having a nice day! Its nearly Friday thank goodness I'm looking forward to the weekend, looks to be around 20 degrees in Melb on Saturday...nice day to do some exercise ;)

Talk to you soon!!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:31 pm

I figured it was a smart move myself :lol: .

Its not a bad day here but its pretty cold, Im going to do some exercise soon and try and warm up a bit.

Have a good one :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 am

wow your so close to goal! congrats sue!!!

How is everything?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi CC, Im doing well :) , things have slowed down quite a bit now and I am almost over it, I cant wait to get on maintenance calories. I have days where I think enough is enough and I have done enough but I keep trudging on :lol: . I just take the losses as they come and I am no where near as dependant on the scales as I was so that cant be a bad thing. Apart from the odd down down it is all going pretty well really.

How things with you?

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:52 am

That's fantastic. You're looking really trim in your photos, i guess its time for toning up right? Things are good atm, eating well - no exercise right now but that will come next.
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Im glad your doing well CC :) .

I really do need to pull my finger out in the toning department but I think I'll just concentrate on getting to goal first. One thing at a time and all that :wink: but Im generally pretty happy how things are going.

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 am

Hi Sue,

I've been on here once a week lately to update my threads etc and I went through your updates...you are weighing around 61kgs.... I am sooooooooo happy for you I just keep getting more and more shocked every time i see your numbers go down! well done - there wouldnt be very much left of you I would imagine nowadays heheeh!!

im at home today not feeling the best and seeing everyone doing so well makes me want to go for a run lol.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks MM :) , some days I do wonder where the next loss is going to come from but as I only managed to lose 100 gms in the last 9 days Im not overly concerned about it right now :lol: .
Im at the point where I am now wondering if there is any point in going on and if I should try my hand at maintaining but I will trudge on until the weekend after this one and see where it has taken me, if there is no significant change it just may be time to call it a day. We shall see then I guess :) .

I hope you are feeling much better after your day off, relax, take it easy and talk soon, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby sarahm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:38 pm

hi sue,how are you doing? just wondering what your plans are re this forum? w ill you keep posting when you reach your chosen goal? just reckon lots n lots of us would be soo sad to see you go...you have to stay!! i often go thru your pics n posts-am struggling with focus right now! fascinates me how you manage just to keep going...trying to find it in myself. anyway hope all is good for you and yours! :)
sarahm

Postby Mary123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Hello Sue,

I am just curious one what sizes you're finding yourself fit in now? You mentioned your shopping spree earlier...
What is the total number of sizes you've dropped??? This is all too exciting!

Hi hi missss minx,
I have a similar goal to you (and date to reach it by!) we can dooooo it! :mrgreen:
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Hi girls, yes Sarah, Ill be here for as long as youll all have me, going on my losses of the last month or so it could be some time yet :lol:, but I will be hanging around after .

Hi Mary, I am size 10-12 depending on what it is but usually the 10 suffices. I bought a dress the other day but bought it in a 12 as I wanted a bit extra length as I have a knee that is scarred due to a car accident and I prefer to keep it covered if I can :lol: .
I did try on the 10 and it fit nicely but it was a little too short for me to feel comfy in.

I have also bought a fair few pairs of black dress pants when Target had their clearance sales just and they are all size 10 as well.
I dont think Ill ever see a size 8 as I only have a couple of kilos to go ( 4 at the most) but I am perfectly fine with that.

I was a stretchy size 26 plus when I started and most size 26 stuff that didnt have any 'give' in it didnt fit :( .

Shalimar

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I guess now is the time to say "Im there".
I was going to leave maintenance until I had dropped a couple more kilos but I am going to start the rocky road today and slowly build up my calorie intake, hopefully dropping a couple of kilos along the way, if not, no biggie.

CK had recommended 1200 cals but previous to that I was on 1260 cals, I never dropped to 1200 as some days I struggled at 1260 so I just left it there and if that meant it took longer to get there then so be it.
From today I am going to up cals to 1360 a day and see where that takes me in the next week or so. Things may get a tad tricky next Saturday as I am off out for lunch with my family and as I have always said, when I go out for lunch/tea calories dont come into it, I just indulge and enjoy but I should get some idea of how it is panning out provided I weigh in next Saturday morning.

Okies enough from me for now, Ill keep you all up to speed, Sue :) .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 pm

You might find upping your calories will give your body enough of a shock to keep loosing sue. Otherwise take it as you come, if you are happy with the way you look now (miss hip bones ;) ) then stick to maintaining.

and....

CONGRATS on MAKING IT!!!

You are one amazing woman. I've been trying to get rid of the same (well not the same seeing as i yoyo up and down) 10 kilos - youve managed to lose more then half your body weight. You are an inspiration to many people Sue me included :)

xx
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks CC :D , thats what the plan is , I hope that I will still not be eating enough to maintain for a few weeks but at the same time start building my food 'tolerance' up to an acceptable level and hopefully rid myself of a couple of extra kilos along the way. If not I wont lose any sleep over it :lol: .

Thanks again CC both for your unending support and all your kind words :) .

Have a good one, Sue :) .

Shalimar

Postby Mary123 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Shalimar wrote:I guess now is the time to say "Im there".
I was going to leave maintenance until I had dropped a couple more kilos but I am going to start the rocky road today and slowly build up my calorie intake, hopefully dropping a couple of kilos along the way, if not, no biggie.

CK had recommended 1200 cals but previous to that I was on 1260 cals, I never dropped to 1200 as some days I struggled at 1260 so I just left it there and if that meant it took longer to get there then so be it.
From today I am going to up cals to 1360 a day and see where that takes me in the next week or so. Things may get a tad tricky next Saturday as I am off out for lunch with my family and as I have always said, when I go out for lunch/tea calories dont come into it, I just indulge and enjoy but I should get some idea of how it is panning out provided I weigh in next Saturday morning.

Okies enough from me for now, Ill keep you all up to speed, Sue :) .

Wow I am speechless! That is quite the effort you must be really proud of yourself :mrgreen:
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there