It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm almost there.........

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm almost there.........

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Thank you Mary, I certainly am :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:27 pm

hey sue,

hows maintenance calories going? :)

xo
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:50 am

Hi CC and thanks for popping in :) .

So far so good, I have only upped the cals by 100 a day and Ill see what happens, I dropped 1.6 kilos last week though and I guess I should up them but.......I went out for lunch on Saturday and didnt hold back iykwim and I want to rid myself of the 'damage' I did before upping them again. My weight is now on its way back down so maybe in the next week or two Ill up the cals again.

So food and exercise wise all is fine.

Last Thursday evening we had to have our dog of 16 years put to sleep :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and I could so easily have reached for the choccie or something but managed to restrain myself, not sure if thats good or bad really. I mean, I think it's good that I didnt but maybe it shows too much restraint and its not 'normal', not sure about that one :P .

Have a good one CC :) .

Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 pm

No no no that is DEFINITELY a good and normal thing!!! Treat yourself to a chockie when you are feeling stable.. dont want to develop any weird habits after coming so far (trust me :))

I can't believe the rate at which you drop weight... seriously, are you some kind of machine?!? Another 1.6kg... WOW xxxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi Fi :) , Im glad not caving in is more normal than not caving in but it would have been so easy to do.

I must admit the 1.6 kilos was a tad shocking, especially since I have upped the food and if I hadnt had such a crap time the last couple of days leading up to it I would have been happy about it but as I was feeling crap I didnt care either way :( .

Oh well, I'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks :) .

Shalimar

Postby starr22 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi Shalimar, just popping in to say hi and see how your going? I'm really sorry to hear about your dog :cry: I hope you are feeling a bit better. xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Starr and thank you :) , Im feeling a bit better but I'm not my normal old self yet but Im getting there.
Thanks for asking :) .

On a side note yesterday I decided I have had enough of restricting my food so I have just plunged into my full CK calorie maintenance cals and Ill see how I go. I must admit having the extra food to play with is nice and I figured the worse that could happen is a small gain but as Im watching the scales closely it should be kept minimal. Due to the exercise I do hubby seems to think Ill need to up them even more but as usual time will tell.

Have a great weekend all.

Till next time, Sue :) .

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Hey Sue,
I'm also very sad to hear about your dog..not a nice thing to go through ever :(

You are a weight loss MACHINE - are you getting a bit worried now? lol there will be nothing left of you woman!!
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi MM and thanks :) , it was horrible and something I dont wish to repreat anytime soon but she is in a better place.

I did worry at first and I only upped my cals by 100 last Saturday, by Thursday I had upped them to the full CK recommended as I have had enough of the restrictions so I will now just see how things go.
I'm currently sitting on 58 kilos and Im happy with that so far but time will tell soon enough I guess. Because of the exercise I do I think I might have to up the cals more but I'll see how things go for the next couple of weeks.

Hows things with you??

Have a great weekend, Sue :) .

Shalimar

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey Sue,

Yes good move definitely up your cals a bit here and there because you can allow for it and see over time how you go - it should be really interesting to see what happens with you cause you dont really want to lose much more do you now?

All is better with me - I've posted on my thread just the other day my updates and dramas, all is much better this week thank you.

How many days a week are you exercising now Sue?
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Hi MM, I have managed to drop 2 kilos since starting maintenance so I will see what the scales have to say on Saturday or Sunday coming up.
As mentioned I am on the full CK recommendation for me (1590) and loving it, I hope that I can actually up that again before long but who knows, Im just taking it one day at a time.
I dont want to lose much more really but I would be happy bouncing between 56 and 58 ( I last weighed on Sunday and I was 58 even), so another 2 kilos gone would be nice but If I dont I wont lose any sleep over it, especially after my sister said to me this morning that I am staring to look too thin, after looking in the mirror I can see her point.

I am still exercising 7 days a week, I really enjoy my walks (aound 45 minutes on the weekends and longer when I walk the boy child to school) and I feel as if something is missing from my day if I dont so I do it rain, hail or shine and I jump on the Wii fit for 1/2 an hour and I have started doing 100 sit ups a day in an effort to tone the belly a bit, it may work or it may not but I figure it cant harm :lol: .

Im glad things are all much better for you :) , Im off to check your updates now.

Have a good one, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:04 pm

awesome about the sit ups :) when you start to look gaunt you usually need to hit the weights (that's what i was told) :)

mmm maintenance calories *drools* hehe
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:55 pm

Hi CC, gaunt is definitely the way to put it, my face isnt too bad but my collar bones and neck look really, really thin, my hip bones are also now sticking out a little too much for my liking, hence why Im not overly fussed about losing much more.

Maintenance cals are good, Im really enjoying it funnily enough :lol: .

Hope all is well in CC land 8) .

Shalimar

Postby fi_112 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:56 pm

I noticed that your neck looks really thin!

If you are looking to tone your belly, try doing planks and other core work, they will work a lot better than sit ups. Even if you just watch your posture during your walks and suck your belly and bum in.. there is a knack to it, you could probably look it up. CORE STRENGTH BABY :)

glad things are slowly getting better for you xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi Fi :) , hows things?

Planks?? Sounds interesting, will have to google that one though :P .

Things are getting better, Im just waiting on the vet to ring to tell me to come and get the pooches ashes.
Every time the phone rings my heart skips a beat I swear, I just want her back here with us, as stupid as it may sound :( .

Have a good one :) .

Shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there