It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 am

Free Newsletter

I'm almost there.........

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I'm almost there.........

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Ok, I just google planks, might give it a bash tomorow rather than the sit ups for a change :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:20 pm

you could do a round of sit ups then hold a plank for a minute, try increase the time every day. You can do crunches, scissor legs, try reverse crunches for lower abdominals.

How's everything sue? I miss you :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi CC, Im glad someone does :wink: , Im doing quite well actually and being away from the forums is doing me a favour I think. I think I am losing the paranoia over gaining, or maybe its because Im still losing as far as I know anyway, but yep, Im doing great.

Ive shaken the exercise up a little, not much, but I have started throwing in the odd longer walk here and there and am giving the wii fit a miss for a while, Im still doing the sit ups.
I havent yet tried the planks out but junior is back to school next week and I will have some time on my own to try these things out.

Hows things going for you CC?

Have a good one, Sue.

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Mine was also a birthday dinner :) its funny tho how i find one unhealthy meal throws me off! But come monday i'm ok again.

It's good you are losing your paranoia about gaining. What are your maintenance calories? Are you pretty much doing what you were before? I'd sure love some of your consistency :) hehe
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi CC :) , birthday dinners are always my undoing :lol: . Like you I find one unhealthy meal throws me right off and I am literally itching to get back to normal the next day. Its funny, 2 years ago I would have been itching to get some more of that pizza into me and more besides, but now I enjoy it and know thats it for the next 3 or 4 months (last weekend and next an exception) and cant wait to get back to it.

My CK recommended cals are 1590, I have still been losing on this so last Saturday I upped myself to an even 1700 but then I went a bit silly on Saturday night and I still have to get through this Saturday coming so I stuck to 1200 yesterday and have decided to wait until my weight settles back down after 2 weekends in a row of excess.

I guess one good thing to come of it is that I now know I will be able to eat more than 1590 to maintain. From what I can tell I think my maintenance cals are going to be between 1800 and 2000, maybe a little more but it is still going to take a little time to figure it out.

Exercise wise I have cut back a little bit, I have just being doing some toning exercises and have been walking for 1 hour minimum a day.

Have a great week :).

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 am

wow ur metabolism must be running hot darl, if you are still losing so much eating 1600 cals :) i'm eating 1500 but my weight just won't settle - it goes up down up down - i think its just because i've gone from one extreme to the other - no exercise/calorie counting to super exercise and calorie counting.

MMmm pizza :) hehehe

i remember telling u ages ago that maintenance calories are around 2000 - i can't imagine eating 2000 calories and getting away with it :) i guess its either limit exercise and eat more, or eat less and do more exercise. or try a combination!

Thats great you are still walking and toning. I've been doing bootcamp and sessions with my PT and trying to jog on the weekend and have 1 rest day. i guess if its not melting off me next week, i might try lower my calories. That worries me though, i don't want to over tax myself. It might be fluid retention too from the sudden increase in exercise.
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi CC, boot camp sounds like a scary place to be :) .

Mmm, pizza indeed, however I have been a bit more careful than I was last week and have dropped the cals today and will again On Sunday to compensate a bit for tomorrow night :lol: .

I have just spent the last hor and a half finely cutting parsley and mint up for a huge tabouli, Im so glad its done now my hand is aching big time.

I cant think why your weight might be going weird, I would have thought that going from one extreme to the other may have aided in getting things moving a bit and that you would have been seeing some bigger than usual losses.

A combo of more food and more exercise sounds like a plan, the best of both worlds really :wink: .

I dont know if you know much about them but do exercise bikes burn up a lot of cals? I am looking at getting one next week but I am going to take my hrm over to my brothers and borrow his bike to find out but I though you, or someone else, may know if they are worth it. I hope do so.

Anyway I just popped in for a while I have been super busy today and have a pm to see to so I'll leave it there for now.

Have a great weekend and we'll talk soon, Sue :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:06 pm

yeah i lost 2 kilos the first week, then gained a kilo the week after! so weird. PT said its probably due to being that time of the month :oops: and not to weigh myself because its disheartening and we want cm lost not weight :shock:

Your plan sounds good to me, as for exercise bikes like EVERYTHING they are as good as the work out you do on them. All cardio equipment is good, i personally reccommend cross trainers/elliptical machines, because you use your arms at the same time (burning 20% more) and they take pressure off your joints. I think cycle classes are awesome, because someone is there pushing you to your limit.

I know you own a bike already, and riding around is usually a good work out because u go up hills, u have wind resistence etc. So in conclusion exercise bikes are good, u will burn as many calories as u want to burn - the harder you work the more you burn on all cardio machines. I personally like cross trainers :) get yourself a watch which records your heart rate, as long as its over 140 you are burning calories :)
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Very weird indeed, perhaps your pt is right in saying it is hormonal.

I think the idea of an exercise bike appeals because it is something I can do at night and not have to worry about the weather or if its getting too dark to go out on my own. Anyway I'll pop over to my brothers in a week or so and take the hrm with me and see what it can do for me. I figure that if I use his to try it out and it doesnt do it for me then I havent done any money :lol: .

I did think about an eliptical but we are in limited space and I need something that will take up very little of what space we have.

I now just need to order my new hrm after the ebay one stuffed up on my within 5 days. I still havent gotten around to replacing it although my money was refunded straight away :roll: .

Have a good one CC :) .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:18 am

hi sue thanks for all your support lately you've been a beacon for me :) have u picked up your exercise bike yet?
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:23 am

Hi CC :) , not yet I am still undecided on whether to get one or not as I can use my brothers when I like and it is a good hours walk to get there so its a great double whammy of exercise. Just need to decide what I want to do.
I got my new hrm so I guess I'm half way there.

Have a great weekend CC :) .

Shalimar

Postby sarahm » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:22 pm

hi sue-just dropped in to say hello! :)
sarahm

Postby Shalimar » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Sarah, I'm glad you dropped by :D . Hows things for you?

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:30 am

hey sue,

what kind of things do you cook for dinner and how do u cook them? :) i need some ideas.

xo
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi CC, I'm in need of inspration myself at the moment but some of the things I have are....soup with a multigrain muffin and some light marg, parmesan and mixed herbs and then toasted, egg salads, fish and salad, rice, steamed veg and tofu, home made pizzas and last night I just had a huge plate of steamed veg and rice.

If you are on Calorie King I keep my food diary there, my user name there is sburgess, you are welcome to have a look there as well. I cant promise its good, clean food all the time but it does me :wink: .

Shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there