It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there - take 2!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

CC is almost there - take 2!

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 am

Hi guys. Well here i am again, not sure what happened but i had a month of derailing and avoided this place because i felt like i couldnt get back to square one. Well squeezing into my size 10 jeans and having a muffin top made me realise its definately time to get back into the swing of things.

I've started with a detox, Dr Sandra Cabot style.

week 1-2 - chicken, fish, veggies, wholegrain, eggs, no processed/refined foods, no dairy
week 2-6 - as above, no egg yolks and no meat
week 6-8 the same as the first two weeks.

This is purely to get my body back to normal. I'll allow myself a cheat meal per week because i've decided i want to not let the whole thing run my life. I'd like to continue eating this way after, with red meat 2 times per week. That's the plan now anyway.

I've also decided i'd like to quit the gym and start doing outside activity, i.e. running and weights at home. This is because i get an emotional attachment to the gym and feel so guilty if i'm not there 2 hours a night so i want to be happy and healthy - not guilty. I also want to save money - so i'll let you know how that goes. Might do some outdoor bootcamp training too.

I am in week 1 and i already feel less sluggish thank goodness and not so bloated.

Ok that's it for now :) hope you all are well and doing better then me!!! hehehe. xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Re: CC is almost there - take 2!

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:21 am

ps

The forum didn't email me all of your messages on my board! sorry guys i'm alive hehe :)
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Hewy, welcome back CC, I'm glad you are back to it as you have come so far and it would be a shame not to finish the job :) .

Good luck with your new plan.

Have a good one.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Tarz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi CC, Good to see your still determined to make your ultimate goal. I know what you mean about the emotional attachment to the gym, you can not go once in 2 weeks and feel really annoyed at yourself for not going which isn't right. Plus weather is starting to warm up nicely so there is no need for the gym.
Tarz

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am

Hey sue!

Thanks for the luck because i'll need it. I'm trying to find the balance mostly, between eating well exercise and living. Spending 2 hours per night at the gym isn't going to always be managable in my life, so i need to be able to adapt to changes etc. The plan isn't really new, its an old one but a good one.

Tarz, how are you girly? So glad to see you back. Your wedding is so close!!! Can't wait for summer :)

Food plan:

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 pieces omegea plus wholemeal bread with natural peanut butter, 100grams soy yoghurt
Snack: soy cap
Lunch: poached chicken on a wholemeal sandwich with avocado lettuce and tomato
Snack: 1 cup fruit salad, 1 tb fruit n nut cream (basically, 100g cashews, 100g almonds, 3 oranges and 1 apple all blended up v yummy)
Dinner: Lentil patties with roast tomato sauce and salad [corn kernels, beans, lettuce, avocado, onion and tomato]http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1539/low+gi+lentil+patties+with+roast+tomato+sauce

(about 1400cals)

Today:

Breakfast: 1/2cup carman's natural untoasted muesli, 1/3 cup fruit salad, 2 tb fruit n nut cream, 1/4 cup light soy milk
Snack: 1 cup fruit salad, 1 tb fruit n nut cream, small soy cap
Lunch: left over chicken curry (made from a low carb low fat women's weekly book - actually veggie curry but added poached chicken to it)
Snack: 1 cup left over salad from last night, 25g pack of roasted chickpeas
Dinner: Japanese honey soy tofu (i think its soyco) with steamed stir fry veggies

(about 1359 cals)

Emotionally feeling ok, managed not to succomb to chocolate or extra bread yesterday which is a win for me. Just focussing on getting my eating right then i'll get back to the exercise.
candycane

Postby Czarina » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

So good to see you back CC! You will do it! :D
Czarina

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm

I sure will :)

Ok, working on a banana muffin recipe - not sure how it will work out. So far, after combining a few different recipes i have:

Banana and Walnut Muffins – Adapted LCD

1 ½ C Wholemeal self raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ C Banana
½ C Sultanas
2/3 C Walnuts (80g)
2 egg whites
2 T oil
1 T honey
3/4 c vanilla soymilk
1 t Vanilla essence
½ t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre. Beat egg whites and add other wet ingredients. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat, the mixture will be thick and lumpy. Do not over work muffin batter, after adding wet ingredients to the flour, handle the dough as little as possible. Too much stirring can toughen muffin batter. Spoon into muffin tins (lined with paper cases or oiled). Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Take out of muffin pan immediately to ensure they don’t become rubbery.

*Tip: Use a large ice cream scoop with spring action for panning the muffin batter. This insures that all your muffins will be uniform is size and helps create that mounding effect for terrific Muffin Tops.

Cals: 170.42; kJ: 712.08; Fat 7.39; Sat. Fat: 0.64; Chol.: 0.00; Prot: 4.28; Carb: 43.76; Sugar: 7.85; Fibre: 2.43; Sod.:135.25; Calc.37.67

will let u know how it goes after experimentation night tonight :P
candycane

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:01 pm

OK, the muffins were to my liking, however, if you do not like the taste of 'healthy muffins' ie quite dense, not as sugery/sweet because there's no sugar in them. My bf and his mate said they liked them, but you could tell it was a healthy muffin LOL.

But it's good for me being on LCD to be able to have something thats sort of cake like. They have a banana cake recipe in the book too i'm keen to try. I changed the recipe in the book for banana muffins because i thought the calories were a bit high (even tho your not supposed to count calories on LCD i just like to keep track of things).

Ok hope you all are well. I'm having my treat meal today - yum cha ;) i'll try not to go spastic tho. My jeans fit better already hehehe xx
candycane

Postby love to shop » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:06 pm

They sound yummy..thanks for sharing the recipe. :D
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 am

HELLO STRANGER !!!!!!!!

We were about to send a search party out for you - good to see you're back and you've touched base - we missed you!! Sometimes you just need to step away and do your thing but as long as you come back to say a quick hi thats all that matters :)

I like your diet plan - sounds very promising too the combinations each week.

Hoping your jeans by today are feeling even better.

MMxo
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am

well the weekend was a bit iffy, i didn't liver clense :evil: :roll: :x so that's not the greatest. I a healthy breakfast, had yum cha for lunch like planned, and then only had toast for dinner so i guess it kind of balanced it a bit.

Sunday not so great, fathers day so i had a healthy breakfast but then i had a sandwich and a bbq for dinner and i also ate a fair bit of chocolate over the day. Not very liver clensing lol.

So today i'm straight back to it, i was reallllyyyy good last week bar the weekend, and i have nothing coming up and i'll be minding a friends place (which i have to walk the dog so it forces me to go for a jog in the mornings). So it'll be good just cooking for me.

today's plan:

breakfast: two pieces of toast with natural peanut butter and half a soy yoghurt
snack: small soy coffee and a low cal home made muffin
lunch: probably a chicken and salad sandwich
snack: hm muffin and a pear
Dinner: undecided. I have some chicken breast there so prolly something chicken.

MM: My jeans are feeling better :) my belly is still bloated tho i just don't feel fit anymore. It was interesting to read how u fit it all in, i'm going to take a leaf out of your book.

love to shop: no problems :)
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey CC,
Thought Id share a couple of recipes I've been whipping up. Usually I make really simple foods for dinner during the week so tuna, chicken, fish, steak and veggies/salad on the side. This can get boring at times of course so to add some extra nice meals in between that are still healthy and within my calories I like to make the following:

Chicken Caesar Salad: I use one steggles chicken breast steak (you can get them from the supermarket in the frozen section theyre about 100 calories each) bake it in the oven and chop it up in pieces whilst hot, place it over 3 sliced boiled eggs (1 full egg, 2 x egg whites), cos lettuce, light Caesar dressing, two tablespoons of low fat ricotta cheese sprinkled on top with pepper - such a nice EASY meal that tastes great every time.

Chicken Curry (serves 2): 2 large chicken breasts chopped in nice pieces and lightly brown off, set aside. Add 1 onion and 3 cloves of garlic all chopped up to the pan and fry until translucent. Add 1 teaspoon of Keen's curry powder to the onions/garlic and lightly fry it for about a minute. Add to the pan 1 can of Carnation light & creamy milk slowly and stir until all mixed in. Add in the chicken pieces, 1 1/2 cups of chopped cauliflower, 1 cup of peas, you can add some snow peas too if you like. Cover with some foil or lid and simmer for 20-25mins until all cooked through. My bf has it on top of rice and I just have mine just like that and its DELICIOUS!!!!!!! I made it on Friday night for us just yum the entire house smells great.

Dill Sauce for steaks or chicken breasts: This sauce is so yummy! 1 teaspoon of nuttlex to a small pot melt it down, add 2 heaped teaspoons of white flour and mix it with the butter until it makes a ball and just lightly fry it off for a minute or so. Then start adding in some hot water and make it into a sauce and add a little at a time so there are no lumps...even whisk it in over a low heat. Once its reached a nice creamy consistency heat it up a bit more to a simmer and add in a good couple of tablespoons of freshly chopped dill, pepper and a little squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy over your steak and chicken - its really good!

I'll write soon!
xoxo MM
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm

hi all

MM thanks sounds delish will have to give it a try :)

Liver cleansing has been ok, feeling a bit out of sorts lately i need to get back into exercise. i've been house sitting a lot lately and its difficult to get into routine for anything. i would have said no to the next stint but its really close to work so i'm hoping i'll actually have extra time to exercise. I'm also borrowing a bike to ride to work for this stint which is 2km so that'll be a 4km ride per day which will hopefully help me out too. Altho im a bit scared lol.

i wish i could get back to my former glory i just dont know what's wrong with me at the moment bar the fact i now have love handles :( :( :( :roll:
candycane

Postby court » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:47 pm

I just found this thread!

Bike riding?! LOVE IT! :lol: You knwo that though - I am riding 8kms tonight to and from Jenny... Looking forward to it time to clear my head - whilst watching the traffic of course ;)

You will get back into it CC just remember how good you felt and remember that first workout is the toughest! Good luck kid

xox
court

Postby candycane » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:45 pm

thanks for the words of motivation court :) i think if i might change gyms. I want to change up my work outs. I'll try no gym for a while and see how that goes - if it doesnt work out i'll join somewhere new. What do u guys think?

I wish i was closer to things that required me to ride a bike court :) its such good exercise. You seem to be going so well i'm so happy and proud of you. I need to get my mojo back!! It'll be good two weeks fitness without gym. Then i'll be doing bootcamp with a friend so i'll have no excuses ;)

xox
candycane

Next

Return to Almost there