It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:18 am

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there - take 2!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there - take 2!

Postby court » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

You know what I dont really go to the gym much at all anymore. Maybe once or max 2 times a week. I have found that all these team sports not only keep me really motivated but I enjoy meeting up with my friends and the competition of it! I think the bootcamp is a perfect idea, also are there any summer team sports starting up in your area? Oztag is a good one :D
I find that exercise has just become a part of everyday and because I am commited to these teams even if i miss a few days of exercise (i.e. havent done anything except a bit of intermittent riding the last two days) I know I will be back into it asap!
Just a thought - but i think changing up gyms is a good idea too, change of scenery :D Also the weather is getting lovely so if you have a park around it might be nice! Only nice grounds near me are a cemetery! :shock:
court

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 am

i'm really glad to be back court you are really helping my motivation rise :)

Team sports would be good, bootcamp is three times a week starting at the end of the month so i think i'll start off with that and jogging/weights on the off days. I'll probably be in pain after the first couple of sessions!

Im glad u think its a good idea changing gyms. I just want to break the guilt cycle - i want to exercise because i want to not because i feel guilty if i dont :shock:

LOL at the cemetary how bizare. Cemetaries are quite peaceful places but not really suitable for jogging around hey - imagine doing tricep dips you'd have to use a tomb stone!!! :o :shock: :twisted: :|

I found an interesting 1300 cal food plan. Its very basic, i'll post the link on your page. It's funny because it seems so similar to your jenny craig!

Food:

Breakfast: carmans museli with 1/2 cup skim soy
Snack: skim soy cap
Lunch: wholemeal sandwich with chicken, salad and avocado
Snack: chic peas (25g)
Dinner: not sure yet! Prolly a mix of whatever is in the fridge and some so good choc icecream ;) i also need to get some fruit in somewhere but i didnt have any at home ran out :(

xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby court » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:11 am

Im glad your back!!! :D
I have been wanting to do a boot camp and I might do one when summer comes.. I got really stuck on 68kgs but I seem to be doing ok at the moment but I am sure I will hit a plateau again so I will prob do one :) Let me know how you find yours!
Yeah the guilt isnt a good thing..I have actually found that I still lose a lot on the weeks I dont exercise.. but i dont feel good - and for me at the moment the endorphin release from exercise is what I am after as well as the weight loss...dont make yourself feel guilt CC thats the worst!
Well apparently everyone walks their dogs around the grounds of my local cemetary!! I will have to see it for myself but I cant see me jogging in there in the wee hours of the morning :shock: scares me just thinking about it!!!
I really like that food plan...run with it - it seems very very balanced :D
court

Postby candycane » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:42 am

i've done bootcamp with my gym before so i figure it will be similar but more intense. it's great for changing things up i really reccomend doing one.

Yeah i thought the food plan was good, i'm going to stick to that/semi liver clensing. So basically trying to eat those calorie types of wholegrain and unprocessed foods, limited dairy, limited meat.

i need to get my metabolism working again!! well i'll start dog walking friday so i'll let ya'll know how that goes. :shock:
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:26 am

well the good news is i'm now closer to work, and by myself so i can cook my own meals etc only eat what i buy

the bad news is i ate pizza and salad last night for dinner :oops: the good news is i spent 3 hours cleaning before hand, plus my calories only came to 1450 even with the pizza.

the bad news is i have no bike to ride to work!! wont fit in the car. So im going to try fix it on the weekend, or even buy myself one. Anyone got ne ideas for a bicycle under $500? I really don't want to spend much money on it. Either that or try fix my old one which is a little rusted up :roll:

food:

Breakfast: soy yoghurt, 1 banana
Snack: regular soy cap
Lunch: sandwich - wholemeal, salad, chicken, avocado
Snack: apple and strawberries
Dinner: unsure, either a casserole or fish.

Ok talk to yas later :)
candycane

Postby court » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:49 am

Taking the bike in the back of the car doesnt count as riding it anyways CC :lol: :lol: :lol:
My bike was around $700 but I am sure you can pick them up cheaper than that!!

How do you cook your fish?
court

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 pm

LOL court. I wish exercise was as easy as carting around equipment via a car ;) i'll figure out the bike thing. I was looking forward to it!! i like the look of this one: http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/classic- ... mfort.html but i have no idea if i could ride it.

I usually just grill it to tell u the truth. Occasionally i'll steam it with ginger and shallots (asian style) or bake it - which i've done with almonds and stuff, but i find simple to be the best with fish. I prefer white fish to salmon.

I found a vegan recipe for lasagne which i'm going to try tonight ;) http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegan-Veggie-Lasagna-115553 due to the amount of rave reviews it's got. I'll top it with some soy cheese and maybe a few breadcrumbs. my calculation for 1 of 5 serves is 350 cals (i reduced the amount of oil to 1tb also)

My cals today come to just under 1200 which is ok because i need to make up for last night's treat hehe
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:05 pm

really really liked the recipe. The lasagne is really nice. The only changes i made was to toast a a piece of wholemeal bread and sprinkle it on the top, and sprinkle a tiny bit of soy cheese on the top (which now i don't think it even needed) instead of tomato sauce i used a mix of diced tomatos and tomato puree. I also only used 1 tb of oil instead of 1/4 cup. I used slightly less tofu, and frozen spinach, worked out at 360 cals per serve (1/5). What amazed me is the tofu passes for ricotta.

Ended up having a piece of toast extra but my cals still come in at about 1400 for today. I need to prepare some meals so i don't have to cook all the time.
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 pm

Ok so now i have my fridge filled with GOOD nice stuff for me to eat. I have left over vegan lasagne, two meat/dairy free casseroles (from a local health food store), a bean salad (which i'll only be able to eat half of each serve i didnt realise how high in calories it was when i bought it) and a tofu rissole thingie (also eaten in halves :oops: )

Breakfast: wholemeal toast, 1Tb ABC spread (264c)
Snack: soy milk cap (167c)
Lunch: sandwich on wholemeal bread: salad and 1/2 tofu rissole (355c)
Snack: strawberries (50c)
Dinner: bean casserole with brown rice (378c)
Snack: 5 prunes (98c)
Total calories: 1311

i took the dog for a walk and did a little run as well with her. So i got some exercise in even if its only a little.

Take care everyone.
candycane

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:51 am

Hi guys

So i'm just posting my food intake as usual to keep track of things.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs on toast (1egg, 2 eggwhites, 1/4cup soy milk, wholemeal toast, s+p)
Snack: small soy coffee
Lunch: the other half of the tofu rissole on a sandwich (wholemeal) with salad (i got a much healthier recipe from the net so now i'll make them myself!)
Snack: 1/2cup strawberries, prunes, 1/2 banana
Dinner: vegan lasagne
Snack: 1/2cup strawberries, prunes, 1/2 banana (1337 cals)
Water and an instant coffee for drinks

Exercise: 30 min walk the dog, if i have time 30 mins xtrainer (have to do some assessments)

the good news is i managed to stick to my calories yesterday didn't eat anything extra. I'll also be making some pumpkin soup and crispy baked tofu if i get a chance today. Speak to ya'll soon have a good one.

cc xx
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Sounds great CC :D , it seems like there are a few of us on the tofu train right now.

Have you been eating it regularly or is it a new thing for you too?

I had it for tea last night for the first time ever and even junior devoured a piece which shocked me no end :lol: . Ill definitely be buying it again.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:50 pm

oh i love tofu :) i'm eating it more then meat at the moment. It's so versatile! I couldn't believe the texture of that lasagne i made. It didn't seem like tofu it was more like ricotta. So i reccomend that recipe (with my lttle changes) if you want to try something new.

And it's much cheaper if you buy at an asian grocery, i got a kilo of it for about $3.50 - whereas at woolies it was $3.50 for about 300grams :shock:

I used to eat it a lot but i haven't been eating it as much (i was house sitting with my bf for a while - hence the weight gain ahem - and he dislikes it so i only cooked it once for myself) i also love the japanese soyco one - it's 2 serves per pack and its marinated you can bake it delish :)
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm

The soyco one is the one I had, Malaysian satay peanut, it was divine and so, so filling. I had 2 pieces and a heap of steamed veg and for the first time ever I had to wait around an hour before I could fit in my dessert :lol: , that has never happened before.

I will check out the asian grocers when I have a little more time and see what they have to offer and I will have a bash at marinating my own but right now Im loving the satay one.

I wondered if you could whack it in the oven, I was going to put it in the George Foreman grill but didnt fancy firing it up just for a couple of pieces (I have the big one) so I put it in the Kambrook health grill instead, it turned out great :D .

Have a good one CC :) .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:12 pm

i just made this recipe sue: http://chowvegan.com/2008/03/18/crispy-baked-tofu/

very nice. I made my own breadcrumbs with wholemeal bread, instead of oil i used an egg white to bind the crumbs to the tofu and ommitted the yeast. The only thing was making it stick was a bit difficult but they are yummy and if u do it my way only 60cals per piece :) u could have tofu parmiagana ;)

i didnt eat lunch so i had two pieces of crispy baked tofu as an afternoon snack mmmm :)
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:11 pm

That looks absolutely delish CC so I bookmarked it :) , I wonder if by using crushed cornflakes it would be even less cals?
Might have to do the maths when I have 5 minutes.

Tofu parmagiana sounds like a goer to me, yummo :D .

Shalimar

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there