It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there - take 2!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there - take 2!

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 pm

yeah i think i'm better off having a few more cals left over in the night too, just in case. WH mag has a pretty good food plan, i had a quick look at. My only prob is i need to make sure i'm getting good protein hits after my work out, but its nice to have something planned out for u. I gave it to my mum to have a look at because she's currently trying to lose some weight (bought her a wii fit for her birthday shhhhhh ;) )

Sue, whatever you are doing is working for you so i wouldnt worry about the times your eating lol. I love sandwichs too - anything carb filled really LOL but i'm mainly concentrating on calories and protein at the moment. Tonight's dinner will be some lean steak with garlic and rosemary and salad i think yummy :)

thanks for your words sue its nice to have a little encouragement and inspiration some times i want to chuck the towel in i swear lol *sigh* :roll: :shock: :x hopefully next week i'll feel progress and improvement :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:59 am

As long as there is a few cals left at night Im happy, even if it is just enough for some porridge and berries, as long as it is something :lol: .

My favourite sandwich at the moment is multigrain, beetroot, a slice of light Jarlsberg cheese and fat free mayo (no marg or butter). A few weeks back it was avocado, beetroot and mayo but as you know I chop and change and go through fads :P .

Im sure your mum will love wii fit, I havent used mine for a couple of weeks now, I think I need a change as I have clocked up over 400 hours on it since Christmas, hence my asking about exercise bikes, I just need a change.

What I have been doing certainly is working, Im just a tad apprehensive about juniors party tonight, It wouldnt bother me usually but I am still carrying some fluid and sodium from last Saturdays effort and then Ill be doing it all over again tonight it makes me a bit nervous :? :roll: .

Once tonight is over and done with that will be the end of all the big meals for me until nearly Christmas so I guess there is more than enough time to redeem myself and I have dropped to 1200 cals yesterday and tomorrow to hopefully counteract some damage. It just sucks a bit seeing the scales going down nicely after last weekend and knowing they will probably go back up tomorrow. Oh well, thats life I guess, I have to live :lol: .

Have a great weekend CC :) .

Dinner sounds lovely and Im not even really a steak person but it does sound really nice. I had a cheese, beetroot and mayo sandwich for my tea last night :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:26 am

Hey sue,

i think i'll do the same thing, i never think to drop my calories down the next couple of days to counteract damage. I had a good weekend, ate too many calories tho. I think i'm going to have to tell my bf no more meals with you lol. I am usually perfect through the week but i blow out over the weekend. I dunno its a bit disheartening. My brother told me the other day he thinks I sabotage myself sometimes. He thinks he does the same thing as well lol.

Sue, how did you come to terms with the psychological aspect of weightloss? And how did juniors birthday party go? :)
candycane

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:39 am

Today is damage control lol

Breakfast: 2 slices of multigrain toast with honey
Snack: mandarin
Lunch: two reduced carb tortilla wrap with tuna and salad
Snack: Goulburn Valley 140g small tub fruit salad
Gym: PT and 1 hr aerobics
Snack: protein crisps
Dinner: steak + salad, skinny cow dessert
total cals: 1231
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:06 am

Hi CC :) , (you may want to make yourself a cuppa, its a bit of a long one :wink: ).
I didnt end up dropping my calories yesterday, as by the afternoon I was getting hungry again but I did stick to my normal 1590, I put it down to not eating anywhere near as much as I thought I would at Matts party so I guess thats a good thing really. As you know though I did stick to 1200 cals on Friday. I dont know if it makes much difference (hubby says it wouldnt, but it makes a lot of difference to my head :roll: :P ), but its how I do things and if it makes me feel better about it why not?

Why do you think you sabotage yourself? I dont mean it in a funny way or anything and I have read of people who for some reason think that maybe deep down they dont want to or are scared of getting their weight down but I found the closer I got the more determined I became. I cant work it out really and Im still struggling to work it out. I have always said there is so much more to losing weight than just resisting temptations of the food kind and the head battles are far, far harder than the food battles.
Maybe it really is more of a psychological thing than a food thing.
As dumb as it sounds I have had so many people tell me how thin I look yet I cant say it about myself, I can say that I look thinner than what I was but I cant say that I look thin, yet everything in my life these days says that I am thin, my clothes, the scales, peoples comments yet I cant say it about myself.

A while back I bought some new bras and the girl at the checkout commented on how I was the same size bra as she was (12b for the record ;)) yet there was no way I would have even contemplated being the same size as her, she looked way smaller than me.

So I dont think I have dealt with the psychologicalside of things and am wondering if I ever will. Maybe it will come in time but I would have thought by now something may have clicked.
There was a time a couple of months back I was trying a top on in the fitting rooms and I burst into tears when I caught a sideways glance at myself, I couldnt believe how thin I looked. I thought then that maybe things where starting to click and that I had finally started to accept that I was different to what I used to be but they and I havent. Maybe I am just getting more critical of myself than I used to be. Or maybe I just think too much and need to get over myself.

Lordy, what a long winded waffle :).

We all had a ball at Matts party, it was the most smoothest running party we have ever had. The kids were all well behaved, he had 3 school friends sleep over, there was no mess, food wastage was kept to an absolute minimum (something I am obsessively compulsive about, I abhor food wastage), everyone showed up, everyone had enough to eat and there was barely any left overs and what was left over could be frozen. So all in all a great night.

Little monkey is richer than me right now, he ended up with $250 worth of cash and gift vouchers from grandparents and friend and rellies so he did very well. Thank you for asking :).

This has to be my longest post in ages if not ever 8) .

Anyway I need to think about getting some vegies in, we only have a small fridge and there wasnt any room for normal food with all the party stuff in there so now it has emptied out I need to hit the shops.

Have a great week and hopefully this week will bring you a loss of the weight variety.

Have a good one, Sue (and sorry for the waffle)

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:44 am

it was so NOT a waffle. It is important to get it out because i know i benefit from reading it so u must benefit from writing it.

i have no idea why i would sabotage myself. I've been a fatty all my life maybe that's why? Its like whenever i have a 'serious' goal to work towards i go great guns. Then i end up not being able to get under a certain weight, and i feel like i'll never do it. Then i have a treat, and it avalanches from there. Or i weigh myself, and i put on a bit of weight after i think i've been pretty good through the week, and i think whats the point?

I think also i hate failing at things, or feeling like i've failed, because as a kid i failed quite a lot - well i felt like i was a failure - maybe i wasn't but u know how kids think. So perhaps if i was fat, or bigger, then subconciously people wouldn't expect much out of me? i'm one of those people who find it difficult to say no. I can't say no when people ask me to do things, and i wish i could but i can't say no when something tasty is in front of me.

The thinner i get the happier i feel definately. I feel more confident and beautiful (even when i got the your too skinny remarks etc) i just don't know what my attachment to food is, or how to dissolve it.

For the record, when people are the same size as me i feel dumbfounded - like how the hell are we the same size when you are so much tinyer then me! lol apparently we see ourselves 10% bigger. What about when you look at photos? There's a photo of me at my thinnest, and my face looks really thin, but i remember at that time looking at myself and thinking how much of a porker i was :roll: lol that was only about 5 kilos ago, but i feel so much fatter at the moment.

I'm so happy his party went well :) it must be stressful because you want the kids to have a good time! Is he going to save it or buy something special?

I was hoping it would be a long post, because i feel like i needed something to kind of understand my own food issues. i don't know if i ever will understand then either to tell u the truth. I'mt rying what women's health magazine said and saying no outloud whenever i feel like eating something which isnt healthy (for example the cake and biscuits in the office kitchen)!
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:49 pm

I know I have said it before but I think we are both proof that weight loss is more than just about controlling what goes into our gobs, maybe if we had understood that earlier our weight loss journeys would have started years ago. I guess the main thin is that we made the decision to do something about it before it was too late.

I can see where you are coming from on the sabotage issue but Its not something I had to battle with so I guess I wil never really understand it. All I can do is hope you sort out the issues related to it and hopefully move onwards, maybe even learn to work with it.

I was always the fat kid also and I think that is part of what helped spur me on, there was no way that I was going to have my child possibly go through what I did and at the size I was there was every chance that could have ended up the same way and I wasnt going to have that.

It so weird how we see ourselves so diferently to how others see us, something else I dont understand.

Party was definitely stressful in the lead up to it but once it started and all was going well I relaxed and had a grand time, cant wait to do it all over again next year :lol: .

Does saying no out loud help? Ive never tried it before.

Theres another weird thing with me, most people cant have 'junk food' in the house because they will just hoe in, not me I have to have stuff in the house as I feel more comfortable in having the choice whether to have it or not. I feel if its not there I'll be hitting the shops for a fix but if I have stuff in the cupboards I know its there if I want it and its not going anywhere so I can control how much of it I eat. Again, a head thing I think.

Anyway, thats it from me for now, time for me to plant myself in front of the tv :oops: .

Have a good one and talk soon, Sue :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am

hi sue! i'm one of those people. I went to the freezer to get a skinny cow, none there. It didn't bother me that there was none left, and i realised i didnt need it. However, if something is there i'll eat it!! It's great that you have your little man in mind when you were doing the weight loss, i really only have myself to do it for - which is important, but sometimes u think oh bugger it lol. I don't understand why we see oursleves differently too. I guess society has taught us to view ourselves in a certain way and we believe it. No matter how much weight we lose. Saying no out loud is definately helping!

I am trying not to sabotage myself or do anything silly. I'm trying to deal with my stress in a productive manner, by getting things done earlier and not procrastinating so much. I think if i can relax a little i will be less inclined to eat something and just enjoy my exercise endorphin rush.

So i've been going well with my 'stop' method, i've used it at work (when there were biscuits and cake on offer) and just in general.

i had a little bit of a binge last night waiting for dinner i was so hungry, i had four corn thins with sweet chilli philly. I added up all my calories and i'm only maybe 50 over for the entire day - not including my exercise so i'm sure it won't make much difference.

I haven't drank any diet coca cola or coke zero, i did have half a glass of apple juice last night (watered down, no added sugar) which was nice and refreshing but with no caffeine etc. And only ended up being about 40 calories after i watered it down. I think not drinking the cola is really helping my cravings. I'm trying not to drink much coffee, (coffee shop coffee) only the random instant coffee (maybe 1 or 0 per day) which i don't think is quite as strong as the coffee shop coffee, and has less milk (less calories) and i think maybe those two were contributing to my sweet cravings. Anyway, not as many cravings as usual

Breakfast: 1 slice of toast with nut spread, 1 protein shake
snack: apple
lunch: 2 low carb tortilla wraps, with salad, 1 slice of cheese and tuna or ham
Snack: veggie ful cuppa soup
Dinner: I'm going out for dinner eeek. (and tomorrow night too :( :twisted: )
Exercise: bootcamp

No idea what to eat, my calories are 919 (without my exercise) so i'm trying to do some early damage control. i actually have a couple of birthdays this weekend too so i'm trying not to eat too much during the day to compensate, and i've tried eating around 1200-1300 cals each day this week so that i have a few saved up.

xo
candycane

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:55 am

Hi everyone,

last night went fine. i didnt feel like i over ate or anything at my dinner, i had fillet steak with beetroot puree and a sife of spinach and asparagus for my main, and a tart for dessert, forgoing the entree. Obviously the tart would have been pretty high in calories, but i enjoyed it, and i had saved about 500-600 cals for the dinner so i don't think the damage would have been too bad, plus i did bootcamp yesterday morning. I drank one glass of wine, and water. I also had a little bread (not garlic, just some type of rustic bread) and some olives. The best part was at the end i wasnt bursting at the seams, that's how i knew i must have been good with my portions. The restaurant didnt give massive portions which was also good, it wasnt like having a massive bowl of pasta or somehting.

Tonight i have a friends birthday so there will be a fair bit of drinking. I had bootcamp this morning so i have already exercised, and i'm keeping my calories fairly low through the day. I'm also going to try make a spin class tomorrow morning, and maybe an aerobics class on sunday.

Breakfast: 1 slice of toast with honey, 1 protein shake
snack: pear
lunch: 2 low carb tortilla wraps, with salad, 1 slice of cheese, and 60grams of turkey off the bone
Snack: skinny dip and carrot
Dinner: not sure, i think we might get some thai or something. I'll have to try make healthy choices!
Exercise: bootcamp

hope everyone has a good weekend :)

xo
candycane

Postby Czarina » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Your dinner for last night sounds absolutely delicious! Nom nom! It's nice having dinner and not feeling like you're going to explode, something I really enjoy now.

Have a great weekend. :D
Czarina

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:20 am

I'm glad your method of saying no out loud is working for you. It sounds so simple and so basic and if it works thats a grand thing. Well done :) .

Well done on not freaking out about the lack of ice cream, Id do the opposite, If I felt like a little something and went to get it and it wasnt there Id be straight down the shops and Lord knows what I would come back with, thats why I 'need' something there at all times, I do think in a way it makes me feel 'safe' because I KNOW it is there, I KNOW I can have it whenever I want but I CHOOSE to limit myself to one Caramello Koala or 2 Violet Crumble squares, whatever the case maybe.
A couple of months back nour local shops had Cadbury share packs on special for $2 something and I bought around 10 packets (need a variety :wink: ) and not once did I hoe in to them, I just stuck to having one piece for dessert each night and it didnt bother me. Weird how the brain works at times, 2 years ago I would have eaten a whole bag each night until they had gone :evil: .

I wouldnt wory about your philly and corn thin munchies, in the grand scheme of things it was nothing.

Anyway Im off to fill out my food diary and for a shower and then going for my walk, so I'll catch up with you soon.

Have a good one, Sue :) .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah it has been working, except i went to a birthday party and od'd on cocktail food the other night :oops: then sunday was just a continuation of saturday night blah.

Oh well, back to the drawing board as they say. I love that you can have it there and not eat it :) i'm the complete opposite if its there i find it hard not to eat it.

Hopefully when i weigh myself i won't have done too much damage. I'll have to do damage control over the next few days.

breakfast: wholemeal toast with weight watchers jam and be light spread
snack: pear
lunch: wholemeal sandwich ham and avocado
snack: munchables cheese snack
Gym: PT and cardio
snack: Protein crisps
Dinner: unsure

ok words of encouragement and wisdom needed :) xo
candycane

Postby MissMinx » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey CC

Dont worry about it! start fresh today its Monday and you will forget about the weekend! you know all it takes is really really good intense workout today for you to feel better. It shouldnt do too much damage on the scales seriously just 2 days.

Do you weigh yourself weekly or fortnightly or longer than that? I've been doing weekly and then fortnightly lately alternating and finding thats great for me.
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby candycane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 am

omg i don't know what is happening with my body, dead set every week is lose one kilo, gain one kilo. it's so discouraging. Maybe i should chuck the scales for a while because its making me think what's the point when i try so hard, and then my weight doesn't bloody change! i honestly am not sure what to do, i'm exercising hard, eating 1300ish calories per day (except for the odd time i go out for dinner, btw i had kept my cals low through the day). And not losing any weight. Maybe i should engage the help of a nutritionist at the gym? far out!!
candycane

Postby candycane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:50 am

ps mm its been weekly but im thinkin maybe i should switch to fortnightly or monthly :cry:
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there