It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Free Newsletter

CC is almost there - take 2!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CC is almost there - take 2!

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 am

ok so about the weighing thing, i think i'm going to put it down to my body adjusting to all these hardcore workouts, and different food. I see a difference in my legs and belly especially, and people have commented about me looking like i've lost weight so at the end of the day the main thing is how i look and feel.

I feel really good, i'm so much fitter. My time trials for bootcamp improved by like 3 mins a piece so that shows my difference in fitness. I also did a couple of back to back classes after weight training the other night and then got up at 5:30 in the morn to do a hard bootcamp session so i'm feeling good.

I'm really wanting to do boxing outside the gym so thats my next goal. I have exams coming up so i need to relax a little bit (i'm taking one week off bootcamp for exams).

My pt wants me to cut my carbs for 3 days of the week to give my body a shock. She says it might be because i don't need to lose weight, but i said i was 71 kilos before so i should be able to get back down to that size. ANyways we'll see what happens.

Breakfast: protein shake, 1 piece toast with philly
Snack: coffee and munchables light cheese and rice cracker (25g pack)
Lunch: salad with 1/2 chicken breast
Snack: yoghurt
Dinner: (hopefully) thai style chicken breast with light coconut milk and steamed veggies
Exercise: Bootcamp

xo
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby love to shop » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:13 am

candycane wrote:omg i don't know what is happening with my body, dead set every week is lose one kilo, gain one kilo. it's so discouraging. Maybe i should chuck the scales for a while because its making me think what's the point when i try so hard, and then my weight doesn't bloody change! i honestly am not sure what to do, i'm exercising hard, eating 1300ish calories per day (except for the odd time i go out for dinner, btw i had kept my cals low through the day). And not losing any weight. Maybe i should engage the help of a nutritionist at the gym? far out!!

I have found that happens too, if I weigh myself too often my weight is going up and down, and I have to put it down to hormones, sometimes premenstrual bloating...the other day I made the mistake of trying on some of my summer dresses when I was premenstrual and they were all so tight on me, I looked like I was a whole size bigger... it was very disheartening and I even decided to list the dresses on ebay! Then after getting my period my weight dropped and I actually fit the dresses again. :roll: :lol:
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Postby candycane » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:08 pm

yeah its so true the body is a funny thing :) I think i need to say good bye to the scales at the moment, concentrate on eating healthy and exercising. Eventually it will fall into place, i feel better and look better which is the main thing. I'm glad the dress fit u again lol i have the same battle with my skinny jeans!! THey don't make u look so skinny when u have your period and are feeling frumpy :)

I'm finding the nutrition thing a bit challenging at the moment. All i want to do is eat ice cream and/or chocolate. THrough the week i'm usually really good, but on the weekend i find it difficult to harness myself. That's what i need to concentrate on. i think its because i'm not at home during the week and all that is in the work fridge or my bag is healthy snacks. I'm also addicted to yoghurt at the moment i can't get enough of the stuff haha.

I should buy myself a ice cream maker and start making healthy high protein ice cream. i saw on a body builders site they mix fresh berries with protein powder and milk or water so i figure i could do that with some yoghurt or somehting. At least then i know what's going into my ice cream.

Anyone have any suggestions for weekend binging?

Today: 1261 cals

Breakfast: wholemeal toast with low cal cheese, yoghurt
snack: pear and cheese light munchable
lunch: woolowrths salad and 1 slice mountain wrap rye
snack: low cal/sugar yoghurt and 3 corn thins
dinner: chicken and steamed veg

Gym: PT & Aerobics
candycane

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

I've been having issues with weekend binging, as well. Doing a decent amount of exercise, so I have plenty of calories to play with is helpful. Also planning the day's food. Something I have just implemented is a ban on unportioned food in the lounge room! So the boy is no longer allowed to bring in the whole bag of chips, I get my own serve, and he has to, too!

Wearing some nice tight clothes that you don't want to get bloated in can be good too!
Czarina

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

yea im still exercising regularly, its the eating i need to control! oh well its assessment time and i'll get back to normal when things arent so stressful im sure :) the portion control is a good tip tho, i should make it 'fruit is the only thing i can eat in the lounge room' :) for 1 week, so that hopefully it will be a habit!!!
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:00 am

hey hun I replied to you on my thread :) xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 am

thanks darl :)

things have been ok at the mo, i'm keeping up my exercise - my food isnt 100% but i want to get through my assessment period then i'll get that nutrition counselling and see what i can do.

At the moment all i want is ice cream and yoghurt :) at least i can buy fat free!!
candycane

Postby candycane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

i have reinspired myself by reading my old thread LOL

i was at 71 kilos this time last year HOW SAD :) so i need to get back to it BADLY i should be at goal and then some by now - not like 6 kilos heavier!!!!

How?

I've looked at my old regime (which obviously used to work). I used to eat porridge with berries and yogurt for brekky, a soy coffee/piece of fruit for a snack, lunch was either soup or salad; i would have cottage cheese on crackers for arvo snack, a piece of fruit before work outs, and dinner was always lean meat and veggies.

What about at the moment?

My breakfast is weird because i train in the morning, but maybe i'll have oats on regular days and protein shakes on training mornings. Snacks at the moments are museli bars and light crackers with cheese. Main difference? CARBS i need to fix my carb overloading. Lunch - i used to write 'if im not burning it i cant eat bread at lunch time'!!! now i eat massive sandwiches - i need to eat the filling not the bread. Dinners - i need to plan, make and eat. Dessert was usually yogurt with fruit or ww ice cream or nothing.

i have somehow started an awful snacking on random things habit. i need to kill this habbit *gets out a knife and stabs habit*
i eat to many carbs *gets out a knife and stabs carbs*

EXERCISE: i used to do double classes at least 3 times a week, plus pump, swimming and pilates on the weekend. Now i do one hour 5 times a week. I need to exercise more. i didnt use to weigh myself regularly either!

hopefully ill be able to achieve these goals :)

*hugs* hope u are all well xo
candycane

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 am

ok quick update to tell u where im at.

The plan i want to start will start next monday (got to finish uni etc for the semester, too hard to be restrictive when ur studying!) i've also bough the five factor diet book (due to the fact it apparently has heaps of recipes that are quick and easy) so i'll be excited to check that out too.

Anyways will catch u all soon :)
candycane

Previous

Return to Almost there