It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

SAM'S PROGRESS - 10kg weight loss goal

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

SAM'S PROGRESS - 10kg weight loss goal

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi, my name is Sam. I am 27 and am a mother of 3. Before I had children I was around 60kg and slowly gained around 5kg with each child. After my daughter was born I was 75kg for a few weeks (my biggest) and naturally lost around 3kg and fell at about 73kg when I decided that, since I wasn't going to have any more children, it was about time I got back to 'normal'.

I feel more like myself at 60kg and am happier and more confident in myself. I am getting married in September next year and want to lose the weight before then. It is important to me because that was they way I looked when I first met my future husband and father of my 3 children and i feel that that is the 'real' me. Everyone wants to look their best on their wedding day, but most importantly, feel & look like their full self. I also have a high school reunion coming up in November and would be happy with any weight loss before then.

I have found some success on my own with counting calories and am now 69kg. I have just become a member of weightloss.com.au and am feeling confident in the support & advise I have got so far.
Samantha Jean

Re: SAM'S PROGRESS - 10kg weight loss goal

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:31 pm

I found the software program advised at calorieking.com.au and it is so awesome. I have downloaded the 7 day trial & will say I will end up buying it. It is so great, you can put in all of your details and it tells you what you have to do to lose weight and you can reduce the kj if you want to (I did). It has all of the foods in the calorie counter books right there and you can find things quickly & easily with the search bar. It works out all of the exercise for you too and how much carb, protein, fibre, etc you need and have consumed as well as water and you can work out entire meals for next time and put your common foods into the favourites list.

I realised that I am not getting enough fibre and not drinking enough water. 25g of fibre seems so difficult to attain. I am going to try that Uncle Toby's Bran Plus, it is suppose to be 12.1g fibre per 1/2 cup serve, which is amazing considering 2 weetbix only has 3g.

My goal is to consume 1200 calories per day & a minimum of 30 mins exercise. I have a rowing machine at home which makes it easier with young children... I can do my exercise when they are having their afternoon nap or after they have gone to bed.

I love my coffee & diet coke but am wondering if it matters much considering I only (only... lol) have about 2-3 cups of coffee per day & 3 cans diet coke per day. I don't find that it interferes with my blood sugar levels & thus my cravings as some have advised and if I drink enough water, theoretically it shouldn't dehydrate me??

Anyway, I came under in my calories yesterday and did not do any exercise as I have to replace the strap on my rowing machine (I wore it out and it broke) but I still managed to lose 0.6kg since yesterday. We'll see how I go from here.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Thought I should put in some before (or now) shots of myself for future reference while I think of it.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:55 pm

A few more, including a picture of my goal - when I was 60kg (I'm on the left).
Samantha Jean

Postby court » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:55 pm

Nice to meet you Sam!! I am also eating 1200 calories a day and average around that amount of exercise a week (maybe a little more but that causes me to eat more food so i am looking for a healthy balance!!)..
I used to be a big time DC and coffee drinker - still drink about 2 coffees a day but have limited the DC to one a day... I think the additives and sweeteners are just not worth putting into your body! I also dont use artificial sweeteners added to anything anymore (I used to sprinkle equal on strawberries!) as i think it is best to try and be as natural as possible :)
How much water are you aiming for a day? 2L is a a good happy medium - I drink more if I am working out more but sometimes less which is naughty naughty :roll: Oh also - there is a lot of evidence to advise that having artificial things actually cause you to crave more as you are tricking your body into thinking it is getting calories and when it doesnt get them it acts up!! haha
good luck! ill be checking on ya :P :lol:
court

Postby Samantha Jean » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks Court, it's nice to meet you too.

Oh I think I am addicted to the artificial sugar because I cannot stand regular coke, only diet coke. I don't like the taste of real sugar and do not drink regular softdrinks, cannot stand sugar in my coffee, tea or even on cereal including weetbix & porridge.

I don't use artificial sweetener at all except in the diet coke, so maybe that's not too bad? You know it probably is the caffeine I am addicted to and not the artificial sugar because I don't have it any other time & I only drink the diet coke because I don't like the regular one with sugar in it.

We all have our vices though don't we. Since I am trying to drink more water I will probably reduce the DC to maybe 1 or 2 per day. I am aiming for 6 glasses of water per day but am struggling to swallow it down, it makes me feel so full... but hey, that's a good thing right? lol.
Samantha Jean

Postby Oliviasf » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 am

Hi Sam, You look great in your pics. Baby one is too precious!
About fibre, my suggestion is phylliam husks (get at health store), it is a much more easily digested fibre and more natural for the body. I have heard that bran or wheat fibre is quite harsh on the gut.
It may help with weight loss too. Good to take between meals as a general rule is that one doesn't absorb vitamins well if taking fibre with meals. As we know vits are essential for weight loss!
I take this 2 x a day without fail, usually 2 tsp with a huge glass of water and it has done amazing things for me.
All the best !!
Oli
Goal is to lose another 2 kgs

Starting : 69.5 kg
Goal 65 kg - reached 5/11/09
Goal 64 kg - reached 15/01/10
Goal 62 kg - reached 30/04/10
Goal 61 kg - reached 01/06/2010
Goal 58 kg

Oliviasf

Postby Samantha Jean » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:27 pm

Been doing quite well. Was 69.8kg on Wed morn, 69.2kg yesterday (thurs) morn, and was 68.2kg today!!! Have been having around 1200 calories per day (less the first 2 days and more yesterday).I have not been doing any exercise these days either because I still haven't changed the strap on the rowing machine that I broke (turned out to be a bigger job to pull apart than I thought... my man is helping me now though, so should be going again for tomorrow).

I just hope it stays off because I seem to do this every week lately and then put in on again by Sunday morn. Maybe because we have been going out every fri & sat night lately to friends places for bbq's and I have been having a few glasses of wine and put a couple back on over those days, but then lose it again a few days letter like above. Am vowing not to do that this weekend.

Went to a friends for a big play date today with all other kids from my sons class & their parents. Resisted & only had one sausage sizzle. Just trying to maintain my willpower that I know I have. We'll see what happens. Still happy with the calorieking software program & using it everyday.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Forgot to mention too that I have been taking blackmores weight loss accelerate. They don't suppress your appetite, they actually help balance blood sugar levels & thus cravings and they also support your body in reducing fat stores by assisting in turning fat into energy to burn. Obviously they don't work if you are not eating a calorie controlled diet because your body will not use this energy and it will turn back into fat I guess.

You take 2 half an hour before each meal (6 per day). I have been losing weight well since I have been taking them & controlling my diet & exercise so I feel they are working. On the days that I don't take them I don't feel I have lost what I have previously taking into consideration what I have eaten that day and I don't feel that I have as much energy. Worth a try. Just vitamins bought off the shelf from most chemists.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Other pics were not big enough to actually see. Have put on again.
Samantha Jean

Postby Jisgone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 pm

Just to let you know you can use calorie king for free over the web :) Just go to calorieking.com.au and sign up for free! its the same as the software but its updated more often and theres a forum on the site too.
Jisgone

Postby Samantha Jean » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks, I will have a look.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:45 am

Weighed 67.4kg this morning!! Was a bit under kj yesterday though, just wasn't that hungry and did no exercise (aside from general running after 3 kids and housework). Let's hope it stays off. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in so will try my best today to stick to target and do a bit of exercise.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:46 pm

67.6kg today. Up by 0.2kg but made sure to eat all calories yesterday. Hoping to stabilise on this for a few days, then drop down again with some exercise.
Samantha Jean

Postby Samantha Jean » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:26 pm

I had a look at the free calorieking program that you use online & it is not at all like the one I downloaded (Calorieking nutrition & exercise manager). I think I would rather use the downloaded one, it is only like $45 or something & you can use it for up to 5 people and update it anytime. It is much better & easier to use and you feel more comfortable because it is on your own computer & not online that you are recording your personal information. You can just click it on your desktop numerous times during the day to input your details without having to go online.
Samantha Jean

Next

Return to Almost there