It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

Free Newsletter

Matchbox is finishing what she started

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Matchbox is finishing what she started

Postby matchbox » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm reserving this thread, for after my test today, so i can come and tell you all how i am ready to FINISH WHAT I STARTED and do this once and for all. started off with the gym this morning, and i'm getting a program set up in 2 weeks time. I'm having a tuna sandwich instead of a schnitzel and cheese one for lunch.

wish me luck!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: Matchbox is finishing what she started

Postby Czarina » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Good Luck, Lexi! :D
Czarina

Postby Gordz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:26 am

Whoa, tuna instead of the shneeda? Thats going to take some effort girly, but you go girl! :lol:
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby matchbox » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:06 pm

thanks guys :mrgreen: yep gordz, huuuuuge self control there :P hehe.

ok so i haven't been around lately, but i've been taking it easy - it was my 21st birthday on thursday, we went out for a beautiful dinner with my family and my boy, had a party on saturday night, lots of leftover cake (there's still lots left too!) as well as having an exam just before that so lots of convenience eating. i ate pretty much whatever i wanted, being my 21st and all, and let the celebrations carry on. i had a fantastic time, and given the chance, i'd do it exactly the same next time.

i hopped on the scales yesterday morning and to my surprise i was about 58.5-59kg. So very happy with that, even with all my eating over the past week or so.

also have just started BC so will see how that affects it, hopefully not at all :?

i went to the gym this morning for a reappraisal - although my last one was in sept 2007 - and since then i've lost 7kg (according to their scales - doesn't seem like much though :? ) as well as 6cm from my hips and.... almost 20cm from my waist! that was the shocker :shock:

i've got a program set up now so i can go and do weights as well, so i will hopefully follow that for the next 8 weeks, and then have a reassessment. We are planning a trip down south for 3 nights with D and some of his friends, so hopefully i will be looking much better in a bikini by then :)

the only thing is, last night we were talking and D was saying that i have the perfect body and it is so amazing etc....... what happens if i lose a bit of weight and tone up and he doesnt like it???? i sont want to do so much work to have him not like it, or to find me less attractive or whatever. i'm scared. i don't know what to do about it. any help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Well it's been aaaaaaaages and heaps has happened! exams are over, which means uni is over for another year! holidays wooo!! i got back from my trip on monday night - i went to melbourne for 4 days to play basketball, got to do some shopping too. Lots of walking around, plus the basketball, and since i was on holiday i ate pretty much whatever i wanted. brekkie was cereal/friut and i had pancakes one of the mornings, lunch was usually subway or a handroll, and then dinner we went out so i had what i wanted. i pretty much barely ate during exams (the stress + eating makes my IBS play up, yuck) and when i got back from melb i was at 59kg - which was less than before exams. so i'm pretty happy about that.

also, one of the most exciting things i think - i have lines!!!!!!!!! on my stomach, i can see 2 lines, i'm starting to see a tiny bit of definition! i have no idea how it happened but it has got to be one of the coolest things ever, i love it! i hope to keep them and make them a bit more defined :D the boy loves them too :wink:

i'm sick at the moment so exercise is out for a little while, but been eating pretty well so hopefully it shouldn't matter too much. off to make some naughty quiches now, the boy and i are going on a picnic tomorrow night :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby fi_112 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Congrats on the lines!! And being in the 50s, you skinny mini!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby matchbox » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 pm

thanks chikki!!! how are you going?

I haven't had my computer for a while since it got overloaded with viruses and pretty much stopped working. so i've only just gotten it fixed and back now, my boy fixed it for me :)

Was pretty good over xmas, hovering about 58.5 now which is what i've been at roughly the past couple of weeks, so all is good, didn't put anything on! going to start being a bit more conscious about what i eat from now on though, need to make sure i don't eat too much crap! i worked quite a bit the past couple of weeks, and also went to melbourne straight after my exams, so now hoping to get back into going to the gym as much as i can, getting lots in before uni. wanting to try to start yoga up again after my last couple of failed attempts.

going to try and find some new healthy dinner recipes, any ideas???

thats all for now, hope everyone had a great xmas xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby fi_112 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 am

Weight watchers magazine has heaps of healthy dinner recipes!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:19 pm

LEXI!!!

How are you sweetheart?! Happy 21st for a while back now :P

Hun - I need to comment on something you said - about your fear that your boy might not like your body if you tone / lose more weight, etc. He needs to love you for YOU - not what you look like. What happens if you're together for another 10 years, you get married and get pregnant...??

You're a gorgeous girl - inside and out. You look after yourself, be happy and confident and how could he not love you?

Big hugs!!

xoxoxox
ali76

Postby matchbox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:23 pm

thanks ali! been way too long, definately need a catch up chat sometime soon i think! im sorry i missed this earlier.

Going to do this briefly, my key points today:
* sitting around 55.5-56kg at the moment, very happy with that :)
* went to the gym this morning, 10 mins Xtrainer = 1.1km, 30 mins bike = 9.2km (plus .5km cool down)
* eating better but still allowing some treats, seem to have a good balance going at the moment! (like the cake in the fridge hehe)
* just wanting to get a bit fitter and lose some fat!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby loveyourself » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm

hi lexi,

my goal weight is 55-56kg and i am 169cm. what height are you? if your around my height do you think 55-56kg is toned enough or should i pull my goal weigh back further?
glad to hear your going so well!
Please Visit My Blog!!! http://meaningofeverythingesle.blogspot.com/

current weight: 58.5kg
goal weight: 55kg
loveyourself

Postby matchbox » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Hey guys, been aaages! I've been sitting happily around 55kg for a while now :) I'm wanting to up my exercise and keep track of it, so i will be doing that here :D

Sitting at 55kg, metabolism has gone through the roof as of a few months ago - i am hungry every 2-3 hours and eat around 5-7 times a day, depending in the day and how hungry i am. I'm trying to up the water too! I've been sick for the past ~5 weeks, so have done zero exercise and yesterday my body was craving it, so went to the gym. I'm just taking it easy at the moment as i'm still not 100%, but trying!

Yesterday's exercise - 20 mins bike (6.9km) + 2 min warm down (total 7.3km)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Czarina » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Hope you stay healthy! I'm just getting back into exercise myself, it feels good! :D
Czarina

Postby matchbox » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 pm

thanks cz, me too! i feel so much better already! :)

today's exercise: 35 mins bike (11.2km) + 2 min cool down (total 11.5km)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 pm

Rest day for me today. I think I have been hitting it too hard all at once, as about 1.5 hours after my workout yesterday i was DEAD tired and needed to have a nap. So I will just be doing 20 mins 3-4 times a week for now, and will slowly increase it :)

Taking the day off uni today as I have heaps to do and can't justify driving so far for 1 or 2 classes, so I'm at home this morning doing an assignment before work. I can't wait until this semester is over, its been so full on so far and it's only getting worse!

I have also been having a bit of trouble with my IBS i think it is, yesterday before/whilst at the gym and this morning too, not sure why. hopefully it sorts itself out soon though!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Next

Return to Almost there