It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Newsletter

what to eat, need to lose 3-4kg

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

what to eat, need to lose 3-4kg

Postby pancakes » Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Ive been stuck at 63kg for a while, and want to get down to 59kg. I am struggling!
The problem isn't exercise- I workout 4 times a week. It's my terrible diet. I am out of control with cravings esp. sugary stuff.

Does anybody have a simple diet plan to follow?? I dont want to spend hours cooking. I need basic recipes, but also i get tired of eating lean meat and veges/salad... i do this for about 2 days then i crave like crazy and go back to bad habits.

HELP!!! please???
pancakes

Re: what to eat, need to lose 3-4kg

Postby alizezz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:33 pm

I know that green tea helps to lose some weight.
alizezz

Postby fi_112 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am

What about if you put more exciting things in ur diet as snacks, like protein bars, yoghurts, even little freddo's or weight watchers treats or something? This might break up the monotony of lean meat and vegies, stop ur cravings and also boost your metabolism (as u'll be eating 5-6 times a day). Change your diet up - maybe one day have a big breakfast and a lighter lunch and just a snack for dinner?? Or alternate calories, eating 1200 one day and 1800 the next? xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby brendan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 am

You might have to use willpower to overcome the cravings. It probably a bit like stopping smoking - even years later you can get a craving, but it gets easier to resist as time goes on. :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby Metalcharm » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 pm

I find that reading the nutritional lable on junk foods can really put me off eating them. Read the lable and work out how much extra time you'd have to exercise to work it off and see if you really want to eat it.
Plus don't have so much of it around - have fruit or other good snacks to help fill the gap.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby keroppi » Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

for me green tea helps, just don't put sugar in it.. but if you think the taste is kinda blunt, you can put (Ad Removed) natural sweetener. It tastes just like sugar (you can't really tell the difference) but it's safe and healthy. No guilty feeling about taking sugar. ;)
keroppi

Postby MissWard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 pm

For the sweet craving. Try a spoonful of grapejuice.

How about trying a juice. Juices are really good.

Try this one:
It's called the wound healer.

150g Pineapple
75g Strawberries
1/2 Mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
5 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
1 tsp Flaxseed oil

Juice the pineapple and strawberries. Put the juice into a bleander with the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy.

HEALTH BENEFITS:
Flaxseed oil is one of the best vegetarian sources of omega-3 essential fats, which are vital for cellular function and can increase the body's metabolic rate, HELPING TO BURN EXCESS FAT.

For more juice recipes msg me. :)
Goodluck Girl.
SW: 120kgs (20 Dec 2012)
GW: 75-80kgs
Time Frame: 20 weeks (9 May 2013)
MissWard

Postby MissWard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

If you want something different try this:
It's a clean recipe.
Chicken Mince Quiche
- 4 eggs
- 450g Organic chicken mince
- 1 grated zucchini
- ¼ sweet potato
- 1 broccoli
- 2 mountain rye wraps
- 1tbsp Jalna greek yogurt
- 2tbsp low fat cottage cheese
- Garlic and herbs for seasoning
In a non stick tin. Line with rye wraps. Use egg whites to paste over the wraps joins so they stick together. Grate/chop vegetables finely. In a bowl, mix all wet ingredients (eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese). Add vegetables to the mixture and stir. Pour ingredients over rye wraps and sprinkle seasoning over top. Place in the oven on 180 degress for 25-30minutes.
SW: 120kgs (20 Dec 2012)
GW: 75-80kgs
Time Frame: 20 weeks (9 May 2013)
MissWard

Postby Sarah91 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Just eat fruits and vegetable and nothing more. Believe me I tried this. Eat more leafy and green vegetables (at least raw) or blanch, fruit juices without any sweetener. By the way do not use any sugar or salt, just plain fruits and vegetables, alright? Of course drink a lot of water, at least 8 glasses a day.
Sarah91

Postby chocoholic25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Every time I get sugar cravings now I've found a neat little drink takes it away, it tastes awful at first but you'll get use to it, lol. I just whip up a green tea with the juice of half a fresh lemon in it, no sugar, go with stevia instead, and with or without soy milk (that's up to you). Every time I have sugar (like on my son's birthday), I pigged out on cakes, chocolate etc, the next 2 days I had bad cravings for it again, but having the hot lemon green tea put a stop to the cravings and made the rest of the time easier and easier. If you don't like green tea you could also try a warm lemon water drink. That helps my cravings when I do get them as well. Goodluck and I hope this helped! :)
Weight in November 2013: 92.4kg
---------------------------------------------
New diet start weight 20th March 2014: 86.3kg
Current weight: 80.6kg
First Big Goal Weight: 75kg
Kilos left to go: 5.6kg
chocoholic25

Return to Almost there