It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 am

Free Newsletter

Loosing my mind...

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Loosing my mind...

Postby BrainMelt » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:32 pm

For the last 12 months I've been on a weightloss journey. My original goal was to get to 75kg which whilst it is still just outside of the healthy range for my height, it was almost inconceivable to me that I'd get there. Well, I did it. I seem to have hit a spot though. I got down to 70.1kg and in the last week I've gained a whole kilo from two days of naughtiness. I ate about 10 chocolates one night along with a glass and a half of low cal bubbly. The next day I had 5 chocolates.
How on earth does that constitute a 1kg gain?!! I'm so angry with myself. I should never have deviated from my normal plan but I figured it was a special occasion. The problem now is that I've been chewing myself out because I feel like no special occasion is worth a 1kg gain. How crazy is that? I've lost a total of 34kg so far and you'd think a 1kg set back wouldn't seem that bad but it really does because I had to fight for four weeks for that 1kg to get off my body and then I went and screwed it up all in the space of two days.

I guess I'm paranoid because I don't want to spend the rest of my life missing out on things like tasty treats on occasion etc because it takes me a whole month to get that amount off again :cry:. It takes me so long to get anywhere that I almost feel like it's not worth it and if it weren't for the fact that I don't want to go back to the way I was I can almost guarantee that I'd be 30kg heavier in the blink of an eye.

I exercise regularly, some free weights 3 times a week and running 3 times a week (alternating days obviously) and I've been eating low cal for a few months now and I don't seem to get any headway. I drink my 2L of water a day, and I'm not due for TTOM so the weight that I've gained is almost certainly fat because I haven't changed my exercise program lately.

ARG... Well I guess I'm just venting my frustration. I'm spending all of my time waiting for the day I get into the 60kg range (which I haven't been in since I was pre-teen) and months and months down the track I'm still waiting. *sigh*.
BrainMelt

Re: Loosing my mind...

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't freak out! I can't see you gaining a whole kilo from a few chocolates and a small amount of wine. Most likely you are retaining fluid. It's not just TTOTM that causes that! Or maybe you... how shall I put this delicately... have a little more food waste left in your system than normal. It could be a combination of the two. It could even be the stress you've put yourself under that is making your body go haywire on the weight loss front!

You mentioned that you haven't altered your exercise routine at all. Could this be part of a plateau stage where your body has become accustomed to your exercise and diet? Perhaps try a different exercise, or change your running a bit: interval training; longer, slower runs or faster sprints - just something different to shake your body out of its complacency.

Good luck! I'm sure it won't take you a month to lose that kilo again.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Loosing my mind...

Postby BrainMelt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Don't freak out! I can't see you gaining a whole kilo from a few chocolates and a small amount of wine. Most likely you are retaining fluid. It's not just TTOTM that causes that! Or maybe you... how shall I put this delicately... have a little more food waste left in your system than normal. It could be a combination of the two. It could even be the stress you've put yourself under that is making your body go haywire on the weight loss front!

You mentioned that you haven't altered your exercise routine at all. Could this be part of a plateau stage where your body has become accustomed to your exercise and diet? Perhaps try a different exercise, or change your running a bit: interval training; longer, slower runs or faster sprints - just something different to shake your body out of its complacency.

Good luck! I'm sure it won't take you a month to lose that kilo again.

You're right of course, I suspect that it was mostly water retention (I was back down to 70.5kg this morning). I think I'm just seriously frustrated because I've been so close to the 60s for such a long time now and I always seem to have little set backs that get in the way. I mean, we're supposed to be able to indulge occasionally once we're at our goal weights without it being a big impact but the small induglence I had slapped me around with a vengence.

I started on Atkins today. It's similar in a lot of ways to the program that I used to be on but has a few steps that weren't involved for me last time. I'm hoping that being on a strict diet again will at least give me a big enough boost to get me into the 60s finally.
BrainMelt

Return to Almost there