It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Free Newsletter

8-10 to go..

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

8-10 to go..

Postby JessICan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would love to lose 10 kgs by the end of the year. I started my journey at around 80kgs, at my heaviest even tipping 81 or 82. I am now down to 74-5 kgs. I would love to be 65 and fit by summertime. I currently have a topic going in Challeges > MELBOURNE MARATHON but i would love to connect with anyone who is trying to shake a couple kilos, or is interested in running.

Cheers xx

~ Jessi
JessICan

Re: 8-10 to go..

Postby mytime » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi there,

Congrats on the 5kg down already! I too want to loose 10kg (and a few more :D )

You mentioned the Marathon, do you run already. Being able to run has always been something I have wanted to be able to do so far I manage a power walk and even then I get the worst pains in my shins I have to pull over to stretch. I have a lovely lake nearby and get so down when people run laps around me :cry:

I will run one day, just not sure when that will be.

Good luck
mytime

Postby mevsthebulge » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:56 pm

I also only need to lose 10kg more before I hit my goal of 68kg! I've lost 10kg since last year but since I started my weight loss journey some 6 or so years ago I've lost (and regained and then lost again! :x ) 14kg in total.

I've just started running and have been blogging about it. I'm really starting to enjoy it! Never thought I would see the day! :lol:
mevsthebulge

Postby JessICan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:55 am

Mytime-
Running was something i always wanted to be able to do, but it has taken me almost 8 months to get to where i am now. I also struggle with shin pain, as well as achy knees. Something you might want to try is interval training, it works with running, walking and cycling. Its a great way to strengthen your body with less risk of injury.

Mevsthebulge - well done, 14kgs i ALOT!
I'm glad you enjoy running, i think its a bit addictive personally! :)
thanks for the link i will check it out.

~ Jessi
JessICan

Postby mevsthebulge » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Yes, I second interval training. At the moment I'm still a bit stop/start with the running but on Saturday I ran for the longest I have ever run for and I was so proud of myself! I don't care that I'm as slow as a snail. ;-)
mevsthebulge

Postby lalalaaa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi all,
Go JessIcan!
I also have an aim for this year to start running, not in time for the running season of 2010.
A marathon is amazing, thats 42km
I am also aiming to another lose 8-10kg (10 down, 10 to go)
On the old treadmill, I am now walking up to 7.5km and wanting to go that little bit faster,so hopefully I'll venture into jogging space in the next week or so.
My 2010 running goal is to be able to run 10 kms by end of year.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Return to Almost there