It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:36 am

Free Newsletter

Tips? Anyone?

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Tips? Anyone?

Postby billabongffeva » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi all, I have never been overweight my whole life but about 2 years ago started putting on weight after a change in my lifestyle and have got about 10 kgs to lose. I was brought up a strict Vegan and I try to keep to a very healthy diet even now, but the weight and bloating doesnt seem to be going!
I was hoping someone would be kind enough to give me any suggestions as to whats wrong and what I can do?
I used to exercise every day and have started again, i have a treadmill and other exercise machines at home but have been just using the treadmill for 30 mins a day or going for a 1-2 hour walk on the beach.
I drink over 2 litres of water a day and unsweetened herbal tea, i eat only gluten free, eat meat about twice a week and dont have lollies, chocolate, coffee, regular tea, soft drinks, alcohol, bread or dairy. I do sometimes have hot chips as i thought i could treat myself, but what am i doing wrong? I recently had a blood analysis done and was told that i have a lot of imbalances, maybe this is why I'm always bloated and have other problems? please help!
billabongffeva

Re: Tips? Anyone?

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:44 pm

See your doctor. Chances are that it's something normal such as you're eating too much, but it could be age related (although recent studies suggest middle-age spread is actually due to lack of activity rather than a natural byproduct of the aging process).

Also, it could be something medical - a problem with the thyroid gland for example. Unexplained bloating can also be a symptom of ovarian disease (any woman who has an extended period of unexplained feeling of bloating should see a doctor ASAP!).

Keep a food diary for a month. A record of what you eat and its energy content will be a good indicator of overconsumption. Many foods contain hidden fats and sugars and perhaps you are overlooking those.

So, to sum up, if you put on weight and there is no underlying medical cause, then you are probably simply eating more than you need to. If so then start by cutting back on the less nutritious energy dense foods.
CronicBadger

Re: Tips? Anyone?

Postby patrickkallie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:26 am

One thing that I would like to add is that stress could be causing you to gain extra weight. Stress has a negative effect on the body by adding extra weight around your entire body and especially your mid-section.

I noticed that when I was highly stressed I would gain weight even though I was eating the same amount of food? Just something to think about.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to post promotional links.
patrickkallie

Return to Almost there