It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 am

Free Newsletter

Is anyone out there? Anyone?

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Is anyone out there? Anyone?

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:06 am

Hey guys,

Joined this forum on Sunday 26/2/12 and posted a few times with no responses. Just curious, is anyone like me & looking for some ppl in the same situation for support & encouragement? I'm getting close to GW - well, 7kg certainly seems a lot closer now than what it did 19kg ago! Anyway, I'm in a rut, I've stayed the same weight for almost 2 months & I'm going nuts!

Look forward to hearing from anyone!!!
Bex
Wannabskinnybex

Re: Is anyone out there? Anyone?

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Hiya Bex, sorry you haven't had any replies.

okay .. you've hit a plateau and it happens. Perhaps it's time to change up your diet or exercise have you been constantly eating the same things or doing the same kind of exercise? our bodies get used to the same thing all the time and it can help to move away from the same things.
What sort of calorie limit are you on?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby SugarandSpice » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 pm

HI and a belated welcome :D

I have been MIA as busy studying for an exam tomorrow and dealing with teenage dramas (the kids)

I can't help with your questions but I do agree with what Metalcharm has said!!

Good Luck

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey!
Thanks for replying :D
Yep, I've def hit a plateau hopefully the last one of the many I've hit over the last 23 months (not 2 years yet haha). To change things up, Well I've just enrolled in a dance class, I've always been interested in old Fashioned glamour & I think burlesque could b fun & myt giv me some confidence in other areas too!
I've also enrolled my daughter in crèche for Thursday's so I can do a group fitness class.

This is my excercise routine (tues & thurs are new starting next week)

Monday - walk to and from wrk from 2 stations away(20 min each way) + 10mins skipping & 15 mins doing weights, push ups & plank exercise = 65min
Tuesday - burlesque = 60min
Wednesday - 45min powerwalk + 10min skipping + 5min weights = 60min
Thursday - Spin class = 60min
Friday - Monday - walk to and from wrk from 2 stations away (20 min each way) + 10mins skipping & 25 mins doing core exercises = 75min
Saturday - 8km jog = 70min
Sunday - family bike ride =90min

I calorie count, btwn 13-1400 per day but I occasionally go up to 1500 but that's still fine according to my "research"

Any other suggestions?
Wannabskinnybex

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:02 pm

hmmm - you are really active and, not that I think you're in starvation mode, but I also don't think it would hurt to eat a little more.
I know that sounds counter productive but if you pop your stats into this page hopefully it'll explain a bit more.
http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

and if you go to their homepage you'll see there is a link to an audio clip about breaking plateaus too that might help.
They are just two blokes that do a podcast and their mantra is the basic eat unprocessed theory.
Metalcharm

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Hmm thanks, ill check those out. My metabolism has slowed right down, like 1x a week, and that's only if I take fibre supplements. Sometimes I really struggle to make up my calorie count, bcos my snacks r usually low in calories, I basically think my bodies just adjusted! I think I eat a lot. Like at wrk I hav morning tea lunch & afternoon tea, then I eat apple or carrot on way home or I'm starving by dinner & pig out then still east dinner. So I'm eating 6x a day.
Wannabskinnybex

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:40 am

I checked out that site, seems I eat at least 1200 calories under what I should? Metal charm, from ur ticker Ur at goal? Wot do u think, I have never read so much conflicting stuff as I have regarding calorie counts & excercise...
Wannabskinnybex

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:47 pm

It is a bit of a shock to see what level that site thinks you should eat at .. but remember you then take your exercise calories off that. i know that MyFitnessPal gives you a level which includes your exercise cals which can make the F2F one seem very large .. so if you ate 2000 calories a day and exerise 800 it would give you a 1200 net.
Metalcharm

Postby Wannabskinnybex » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Hey, I started a new eating plan today, 1200 calories a day with a lot of negative calorie foods like raw veges. It's designed for losing the last 5kg. I'm giving it a go so we'll see!! I'm giving myself 2 months. 5.8kg. I CAN DO IT!!!
Wannabskinnybex

Postby keroppi » Fri May 25, 2012 11:14 pm

hi, i'm here too. ;) been lurking around the threads reading different experiences on trying to lose some weight. I also started with "calorie counting" on my diet. I've found out that natural sweetener is a big help. I'm using (Ad Removed). It's derived from natural ingredients, no chemical content, and it's healthy and safe. It tastes a lot like sugar too. Goodluck to our quest for losing weight sis!
keroppi

Return to Almost there