It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:05 am

Free Newsletter

back to lose the last few kg

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

back to lose the last few kg

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 am

I was on here a long time ago and got to my goal weight and maintained for about 3 years. I have put on only a few kg but am feeling uncomfortable and would like to lose the last few for a wedding in January! I have zero motivation, but seem to do better when I have somewhere to write and let my thoughts out. It was just my birthday party and the festivities are over after tomorrow so hoping to get back on track and to be able to write my thoughts somewhere.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: back to lose the last few kg

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:24 am

Welcome back.

Looking forward to your posts. If you've kept it off for 3 years I'm sure you have gain a lot of insight and wise that I'm eager to tap into.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Kim. Yes unfortunately further studies and being so busy meant being not being so careful! I've become relaxed and just eating whatever I like, which unfortunately I can't do!

You have done amazingly well yourself, congrats! I'm sure you have some tips for me too :wink:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:25 pm

First weigh in after the party, 60.3kg. Loss of 200g. I'm sure that it i will go up in a couple of days from the things I ate at the party. However, I didn't eat anywhere near as much as I thought I would, so that's a plus at least! My hobby is baking and I made 3 cakes, 2 types of brownies, cupcakes cookies and baklava. Have given most of the leftover cakes away so there's not much left, but am having dinner with the bf's family tonight so will be taking most of the cupcakes there for dessert. After dinner then I will be back to 'normal' eating and birthday festivities will be over! I'm also trying to exercise again as I stopped, have been doing it once a week but hoping to up it to 3 or 4. I will be starting a new job in the next week or 2 so that will throw a spanner in the works too unfortunately. Just have to remember not to let it get in the way again, that's how I put these last few kg on!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

You'll feel the exercise when you start but your body will get back up to speed pretty quick. It should off set that "spanner" :) It's tough starting exercise again but the emotional high you'll get from it should keep you in good stead.

Enjoyed reading how you minimalised the cupcakes in your life. Shows an experienced hand at work.

Best wishes
Kim
Blitz

Postby matchbox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Kim :) I think it's just that I'm sick of eating cupcakes! haha :roll:

Well I have been pretty sick the past week or so, i have IBS, which means I have a very sensitive digestive system and have to watch what I eat. Most high-fibre foods/veg are out since they make it worse. This also results in eating a lot of 'safe' foods - white bread and rice, and plain foods etc. Makes eating healthily very difficult! I had a few episodes last week (one was caused by green beans!) and as a result am very tired, sluggish, have stomach pain and am incredibly bloated still. Not sure what caused the other episodes. At least I know lots of cream makes it worse too, so I guess that is a good thing diet wise! As a result I was 60.6kg yesterday and 60.7 this morning. Didn't exercise at all last week due to how sick I was. Hoping to try and push through it today and get back into it this week.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm

It was the cupcakes! :lol:

My first rule of weight loss is - "Do no harm"...so look after yourself and then you will be fit enough to exercise. Push yourself but don't break yourself when you get back to exercise.

Take care :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby matchbox » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 am

thanks Kim :D unfortunately, cupcakes are IBS-safe foods for me haha! :lol: typical really! :roll: I know most veg, alcohol and too much cream/fat set it off (but hot chips are fine to eat!) or eating too many different foods in a day, but apart from that, it's all pretty unknown! worst part is the causes differ between everyone so there's no real standard going on
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Blitz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:55 pm

I guess you will just have to chart yourself through it and find what will work and what won't. At least with this approach the healthy lifestyle that you find you'll know will fit you. So many people slaverishly follow someone else's diet and lifestyle programs and wonder why they have so much difficulty. It's because it's not theirs. You've got to own the lifestyle or it won't stick.

Kim
Blitz

Return to Almost there