It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's Journey to a Happier, Healthier, Smaller Me!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Ali's Journey to a Happier, Healthier, Smaller Me!

Postby ali » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:44 am

Hi Guys!

I thought I would take the initiative and start a new progress page in this section, seeing as you guys went to all the trouble of making it for us guys and gals with less to lose :wink: Thanks guys! :D

Well, I wouldnt say Im "almost there", but seeing as I have less than 10kgs to lose I will post here anyway, lol.

Start Weight: 64kg :shock: (Im only 160cm)
Todays Weight: 60kg (Woo hoo! Ive been hovering around 61kg for ages so its good to see the scales moving again! :D )
Goal Weight: 53kg

Well Ive just started a very loose version of a meal replacement diet to try and get my weight loss back on track because ive been needing a kick in the backside for a while now!

My 20th bday is in less than two weeks (21st October) :shock: and I want to be 59kg by then, or close to it! So thats my first mini goal.

My second mini goal is to be 57kg by the 17 November, which is the end of semester. And then I'll take it from there.

So here's to a happier, healthier, smaller me! :D

Good luck to everyone else too! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:50 am

Hey ali!! great new thread mate!! I look forward to reading your continued journey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby ali » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 am

Thanks Ally!

I thought someone needed to start using this new section! Hopefully this will get the ball rolling for more progress pages in this new section!

Thanks again to those who helped create this new section! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:54 am

No worries mate....I think it will definitely get the ball rolling for sure!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Hey Ali good to see that you have started using this thread great goal mate cant wait to see your prograss & happy birthday for 2 weeks time have you got anything planed??
Chelle

Postby ali » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:31 pm

Thanks Chelle!

Nothing planned as yet for my bday. I have two essays due the day after my bday :evil: So i might just have to put my bday off for a week, but it just isnt the same is it!

I had planned to go out for a fun night of drinking, dancing and karaoke with uni friends and then going to breakfast with bf/family the next morning for a big breakfast! Yum. But I might have to do that the week after my bday... I'll see!

Thanks for your comments!
[/url]
ali

Postby Bread-Monster » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:53 pm

You don't have long to go, Ali, I bet you're pumped. I think the best thing to aid weightloss is motivation, if you have lots of that, everything will come easy.
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby madeline » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Doing great Ali <3
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:19 pm

hi ali! congrats on your loss! hope your bday is good and you can celebrate lots when semester is over! :D
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby shelbel » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Hey Ali, ive always liked reading your progress, your so honest and open. I'll be joining in the new little community down here, we can push and pull each other over to the maintaince section! LOL :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:18 am

Hey Ali

Your goals sound great and realistic too :D

I know what you mean about exam stress, it sucks big time.

Let us know how you go on those shakes?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby ali » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:50 pm

Aw thanks so much for all your replies guys, you've made me so happy! :D *hugs to all*

So... the shakes arn't going very well. I just dont like them, so ive kinda given up, which I know is pathetic because I only lasted like 2 days, lol. But its just not for me. No loss though, I bought the stuff ages ago and had it sitting in the cupboard and thought I would try it again but its a no go for me.

I seem to have improved heaps in the last few days with my weight loss journey.

Yesterday, for the first time in ages I felt sorta slim. I know I still have heaps to go but it was the first time I actually noticed a difference in not only my weight but my attitude towards my weight loss, yay!

Im feeling a lot more positive now so thats a HUGE help!

Ive actually gone 3 days in a row where Ive stuck to my calorie intake for the day and exercised and it hasnt even been a struggle. I think I was depriving myself too much and then I would just binge, but now I realise I dont have to be really strict on myself, and I can still stick to my cals.

So.. Yesterday I did 85mins of exercise and my cals were 1252 for the day, and I even had pizza for dinner! And a raspberry split for dessert! Yay!

Today I did 110mins of exercise (I even got off the train a stop early so I could walk further and i said no to beer with friends at the uni bar! Go me!) and my cals should be about 1248 for the day. And I havent even been hungry, I dont feel like im starving myself, yay!

Im feeling so positive atm, hopefully my positivity will rub off onto you guys as well :wink: :D

Also, this is unrelated, but I got a psyc essay back today and I was 99.99% sure I had failed it but I ended up getting a credit! I was so stoked! Its still not really good but considering I was positive I was going to fail I was just so happy! Lol.

Anyway, I think Ive rambled on enough!

I hope everyone is doing great and they can benefit from some of the positive vibes I just seem to be exuding at the moment! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby shelbel » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Go Ali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah for you chickie! It feels good to feel positive about things, i wish you could bottle it for the times when its tough!

And well done on the essay score! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:01 am

Aw thanks Shel!

Yeah I wish I could bottle it up, the positivity never seems to last long enough! Another feeling I wish I could bottle up is the feeling after you have binge eaten, if I could bottle that Im sure I would never do it again! Lol. Luckily I havent binged in a while, yay!

So, yesterdays cals were actually only 891 :shock: bad I know, but I just wasnt hungry, and I went to bed really early as well. But this morning when I went for a walk I was really tired and lethargic, probably because I didnt eat enough yesterday. Hopefully one bad day wont send my body into starvation mode. I'll try and be better today. I think I might also be getting a bit sick so I think thats contributing a bit to my lack of appetite.

Anyway, I dont have much to report, lol. I'll check in later with a proper update :wink: :lol:

I hope everyone has a fabulous day! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:38 am

well done on the psych essay. It's amazing how just when you think you've flunked it, you manage to pull something out of nowhere and get over the line with heaps to spare!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Next

Return to Almost there