It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's Journey to a Happier, Healthier, Smaller Me!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ali » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:07 pm

Lol thats funny!

Well after my investigating I found out that DJ's doesnt have a sports wear section! I didnt think so but I just figured I hadnt seen it because I'd never looked for it! :lol: So I must have misheard the lady on the phone. Other departments starting with S are sleep wear and swim wear. I dont really care though, anything is fine! I guess I'll find out soon!

I have to go in on the 12th to hand i some forms (bank details, tax file no, sign contract) and then i have two days of paid training on the 18th and 19th of December, so I dont start til quite late! I was hoping I would start a bit sooner so I would have money for xmas pressies, but oh well! Lol.

Yay I cant wait! DJ's is so nice! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:57 pm

WELL DONE on getting the job, congratulations!!! I got a new job on Monday too :D When do you start??? Retail is great fun and San is right, you learn so much and take away so many fantastic skills! Before I started working when I was 14 (good old Pizza Hut :P) I was sooo shy and wouldn't say boo to the first couple of customers I served!! After that, I developed so much as a person and came out of my shell :D

The goal to lose 2kg before Christmas sounds great, I'm sure you can do it :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:51 pm

Thanks Em! Im so excited! I think spending two years at uni has helped a lot, I was much more confident during the interviews than I would have been a few years ago, thanks to all the group discussions in tutorials and such.

I think this job will give me a confidence boost. Ive been too nervous and shy to get a job but because I had to I realised that I am more able than I realise!

Thanks for all the support and encouragement guys! Ive missed this forum while ive been away! You guys are great! Thanks!
[/url]
ali

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Ooh yeah for sure, Uni would have helped with it!! I'm going to have to get used to group discussions and presentations and stuff when I go next year, and then of course actually teaching a whole class of teenagers!!!

You are definitely able to do the job, and I bet you'll do a kickass job too!! It will be fun as well, you'll get to have random chats with strangers!! Sometimes they say things that really make your day, but then again there are bad ones too :P

Make sure you let us know how your first day on the job goes :D

Em xoox
zeedeveelgirl

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:04 pm

Em- you had to strip down to your undies/bathers in your last course, didn't you? Anything from here on is easy peasy lemon squeezie :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:21 am

I dont start for a couple of weeks, but I'll let you know how everything goes for sure! I cant wait, im SO excited!!!!

So today is a sh*tty day. My phone broke. I just woke up and it was broken. The LCD screen is broken. The phone is only 6 months old and really nice, its just not fair!

It might come under warranty but Im not sure. The screen isnt always covered under warranty. But if i didnt cause the damage, like if it is just a fault in the phone, then they will fix it under warranty. If not I will have to pay. Im hoping it comes under warranty. Its not liked I dropped it or anything, I just woke up and it wasnt working. Strange. So hopefully it gets fixed for free. I'll let you know how that goes.

Im so upset atm and having a broken phone doesnt help. Living alone gets lonely, especially with nothing to do (hence the excitement about starting a job, something to do!!) and my phone is my only link to the outside world, i feel lost without it!

The weight loss thing isnt happening atm either. Im just eating way too much and the weather has been horrible so I havent exercised either. Grr. Maybe one day I'll get my act together, hopefully its soon.

Sorry for the depressing post. Im just not having a good day today.

I hope everyone else is having a good day though! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Hey Ali,

Congrats on the new DJ's job. You'll love working retail! I had so much fun when I used to work at Esprit and David Lawrence although at times I was reminded to do less chatting and more working hahahaha, still happens with my receptionist job now, last week I ended up having a half hour conversation with a customer about cats and I can't even recall how we got onto that topic :roll: .

Don't you hate it when practically new things start playing up and then you are out of pocket to fix it because its not covered under warranty :twisted:. Hopefully the screen is covered and you can get your phone up and running. I'm the same as you, I would be lost without my mobile.

Hopefully things start looking up for you hun *hugs*

You'll get your groove back soon and start eating healthy and exercising. Just remember how good you feel when you eat good and exercise. Use those feelings to get you back on the good track you were on.

All the best :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby ali » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks Bella! Its so nice to have people who are willing to listen to your silly problems! I know they are silly but things just seem to be getting me down lately! :roll:

Im so annoyed about my phone, I only got it in April! Why cant they build things to last these days?! Lol.

I think I might have the same problem as you at my new job, Im a very chatty person! Lol. Well I guess its better than not talking at all! :lol:

:D
[/url]
ali

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:02 pm

milkyway wrote:Em- you had to strip down to your undies/bathers in your last course, didn't you? Anything from here on is easy peasy lemon squeezie :P

You're right, San! We had to do that pretty much every lesson!! Very good point :P

Oh argh, I hate it when phones break :( :( Is it under warranty or anything? what a poo :( At least you have JOB now so you can buy a new one :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Yay my phone is fixed! And it was under warranty so I didnt have to pay anything! Yay!

So... My back is SO bad atm! Its been playing up heaps, im going to have to see someone about it, its terrible. I cant move or do anything for days at a time when its bad, so for the past 5 days ive been a cripple. But its better today so I might try some light exercise. I havent exercised in like a month and I miss it! Im feeling so fat! It will be good to get back into it.

I made myself a big batch of really healthy pumpkin soup which I will be having for dinner for like a week so thats good, ive been very lazy and eating bad food so at least now I have no excuse, all I have to do is heat it up! And its so low in cals! Yay!

I dont have training for work until the 18th and 19th of December so I am just impatiently waiting to start work! Ive been busy buying work clothes and stuff in the mean time though so its been good, ive been able to enjoy my holidays.

I have a friends 21st on saturday but nothing to wear! Dont you hate that! There is over 100 ppl going, shes booked out the whole pub! I might have to look for a dress... I cant really afford it atm, after buying her pressie its left me a bit broke. I really need to start working soon!!! Lol.

Anyway, hopefully I will update this page more regularly as I start getting back into my weight loss, I miss it here, and I miss the exercise, Ive been feeling so fat and heavy. I cant wait to get back into it. I might go and do some exercise before it starts raining again. Grr at the weather!

Hope everyone is well!! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Yay! Glad to hear your phone was fixed, and for free too :D :D

Sorry to hear about your back, that just sucks :( :( Definitely go see someone about it, it could be something like a slipped disc or something? :( :(

Mmm I love Pumpkin soup! We make a really nice sweet potato & pumpkin soup at home. So easy to make, and as you said, if you make a big batch you have it right there to eat so you don't eat bad food :D :D

Make the most of your holidays while you have them :D Good luck for work, only a week away now!!

Maybe try an op shop for a dress for the 21st? You never know what you may find!!! Do you have a friend you can borrow something from??

Hope you're feeling better
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:15 pm

An op shop is a good idea Em, there is a really good one near my place, I might try there! Thanks for the idea!

Today:

Breaky: Light n Tasty with Full Cream Milk (bought the wrong milk! :( )
Lunch: Salmon Sushi Box (Yum!) and a Reg. Non dairy berry smoothie
Dinner: Homemade Pumpkin soup
Snack: 4 small individual darrel lea choccies :oops: but yum!
Total: 1363 cals

Exercise:
60 min walk
50 tricep dips
50 crunches
It feels good to exercise again, I missed it!

Im hoping to lose 3-4kgs by the end of Jan, which is about 6 weeks away. Fingers crossed!
[/url]
ali

Postby ali » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Today I spent all day shopping! Im exhausted! Im so tired that I didnt get to do any exercise :( But I guess all the shopping was good exercise :D

I went bargain hunting today and found some great finds! There is this store near my house that I just discovered, its kind of like shopping on ebay, but in a store. There is all this discounted designer clothing, some are second hand, others are new but unwanted. Its great!

I spent $180 (early xmas pressies, hehe) and I got:
- TWO Gucci Handbags (gorgeous!!!)
- A pair of Marcs Baby Doll jeans (brand new and SO NICE!)
- A Marcs black t shirt
- An Armani black t shirt (still had the tags on it and the authenticity card!)
- A pair of Sportscraft black pants for work
- A Giordano white t shirt

YAY!!! I love bargain hunting!

Today's food: because I was busy shopping I just picked at food all day :oops:

Breaky: Light n Tasty cereal with full cream milk
Snack: Half a cheese and bacon roll
Lunch: Reg. Boost berry berry light skinny smoothie
Snack: Half a slice of tomato and mushroom pizza bread thing
Dinner: Small serve of tandoori chicken and cabbage salad

I also had to go in to David Jones and sign my contract and stuff, fun! I cant wait to start working! It will be so fun! And it will give me something to do other than sitting at home all alone and bored! Lol.

I hope everyone else had a good day too!
[/url]
ali

Postby ali » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 am

Well Im back again after another long absence. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and are going to have a fantastic New Year!

Ive just started getting back into the exercise. Mum has booked the holiday away for the 6th of Feb so I have until then to lose as much weight as possible. Im aiming to be 57kg by then. Fingers crossed.

So somehow I managed to lose a kilo over Christmas. It must have been all that over eating, haha. Yeah I dont know whats going on there but Im not complaining! :lol:

My new job is great, im working in Intimate Apparel atm and its so much fun! The only problem is im not getting as many shifts as I would like. Only 3 in this fortnight! Boo! I need the money! Oh well...

TODAYS EXERCISE:
60min walk
100 tricep dips
20 lunges
50 sit ups

Boys coming over today, yay! We're going shopping (again)! I got a bikini for xmas :oops: but the bottoms are too big so im going to exchange them and look at some other stuff, got heaps of gift cards for chrissie that need to be spent, hehe. I also got a pair of black denim short shorts for xmas :oops: I dont really have the figure for either yet but hopefully by the time I go away I will be looking ok... hehe.

Anyways, I have to clean up before the boy gets here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby Mandie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:14 am

well done on your loss over xmas :) keep up the great work!
Mandie

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there