It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:47 am

Free Newsletter

Ali's Journey to a Happier, Healthier, Smaller Me!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Ali - great to see you back again and doing so well :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Hiya :D Welcome back girl!
Glad to hear you're enjoying the job!!! Hopefully you'll get some more shifts!

Good luck for your goal of 57kg by your holiday, I'm sure you'll get there :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks girls, its good to be back and to get back in the swing of things. Says me who's sitting here munching on chips and drinking Kahlua and coke zero, hehe. Oh well, its only new years once a year!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day,

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

The boy and I are going to the beach tomorrow, yay! I can try out my new bikini, hehe. I cant believe im going. I seem to be less self conscious which is good. Yay. Cant wait, should be fun. I havent been for SO long, lol.

Anyway, im off. Have a good new year everyone! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby ali » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi guys.

Well, I joined a gym, yay! Its a bit more expensive than I was hoping but im doing a direct debit payment plan which works out at $18.50 a week which is ok. Im so excited. The gym is called Definitions and it is really nice! I also got 4 person training sessions included and a $150 voucher for paul's warehouse so I can buy some new sneakers, yay! Thats pretty good!

I decided to join a gym because I have just been getting so depressed and every little insecurity I have is being amplified - eg my weight, so I decided to do something about it. Joining a gym will be great for me, not just for my weight loss but also it makes me happier and feel so much better. Im a little nervous having signed onto a 12 month contract, I dont earn much money and its quite a big commitment for a uni student! But it should be ok. I talked to my bf and he said its not much to pay for happiness so I guess thats fair enough! Because it will make me so much happier!

Anyway, I'll let you know how it all goes when I try it out tomorrow, I cant wait!

I hope everyone is well! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:20 pm

woohoo sounds awesome :)

i was going to join a gym but now we are saving every cent so not likely ha ha

let me know how u like it :) gyms are great and exercise makes ya happy so yay for that

and awesome for an understanding bf too
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby ali » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm

Hehe yeah the bf is great.

I know what you mean about saving, I was going to try and start saving this year and when you work it out, its going to cost me about $1000 over the year which is money I could have saved, but oh well. It should be worth it. I cant wait to start, its so nice there. And gyms always help to motivate me! Yay!

Yay for Gyms! :lol:
[/url]
ali

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:38 pm

yay!!! :P
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:52 pm

Yay, that gym membership sounds awesome, Ali! Lots of added extras!! Sometimes we need something like that to kick us up the bum and get us moving again!
Well done for taking that step, have fun at the gym :D
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:54 pm

Well done for joining the gym Ali!! And 4 PT sessions is a great deal. Gyms are so much more varied then what you can do at home, so you'll never get bored :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Congrats on getting the gym membership Ali- I'm sure it will be money well spent.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:21 am

the gym deal sounds like a really good one ali! :)

good luck today - can't wait to hear how it goes!
sassi

Postby ali » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Yay, thanks for all the replies guys!

The gym is great! I went this morning for a quick workout to get to know the place. I spent 70mins on various machines and burned 500 calories, yay! I realise now why I plateaued for so long, I just wasnt pushing myself with my exercise nearly enough, but now I have the gym I feel so much more confident of reaching my goals and getting motivated!

The gym is so great, its really new and nice. The change rooms are huge and come with heaps of showers (that have doors and you dont have to pay for!) and there is free lockers plus hair dryers, a ghd hair straightener and an iron and ironing board! How cool! The gym is really well equipped too with plenty of cardio and weights equipment, plus rooms for all types of classes, yay! I love it already!

Im going in again this arvo for my initial consultation with the pt, where you just talk and see what I want and how to get the results, check weight, etc. Im not really looking forward to the scales, I ate way too much for lunch and im really bloated! :roll: I guess it serves me right for being a pig. But after the pt consult I think I will have a go on the weights because I only did cardio this morning.

Anyway! I have to get ready for my pt consultation!

Thanks for all the support guys, I hope everyone is well! Have a good day! :D
[/url]
ali

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:33 pm

Wow, that gym sounds great Ali! The weight will be flying off you before you know it :D Good luck at your consultation!
SarahC

Postby ali » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks Sarah! Its so good to be back at a gym, I missed it! I never want to be without a gym membership again! :lol:

Im hoping to see some sort of results before I go away to Dunk Island on the 6th of Feb (not long I know!) but Im in no sort of rush to get to my goal anymore, as long as I get there I'll be happy! Slow and steady wins the race! Hehe.

:D
[/url]
ali

Postby ali » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 am

So I figured I had better give a quick update, Ive been a bit lazy! :roll:

So the first session with the PT was just her getting my stats etc. I weighed in on the gym scales at 59.5 which I was really happy with, I had convinced myself that my scales at home were lying and I actually weighed heaps more, lol. I also had a huge lunch before going to the gym so I was worried about that too, so that was good. Next session she is suppose to make a work out plan for me, which will be good. But ive been busy with boy and work so I havent had a chance to make another appointment.

So the gym is great. Ive only been a couple of times but Im already loving the way it makes me feel. Ive been burning on average 750 cals each time I go, is that alright? It feels good, I like to push myself. I did 10 mins on the stepper on level 10 and climbed 44 flights of stairs (according to the display). I was so proud of that, hehe. I had already done heaps of other stuff as well. I was so sweaty by the end! Hehe, but its good! Yay!

Anyway, I think Ive rambled on enough. Im off to the gym later today as well, yay! Im aiming for going to the gym 5 days this week. I go to the boys on fri arvo so I cant do anymore than that. I just have to try and get my eating under control so I dont destroy all the good work Ive been doing at the gym! Im having home made pizza tonight, yum! I also bought heaps of delicious fruit like white peaches, mangoes and apricots. Devine! Hehe.

I hope everyone is well! Have a good week! :D
[/url]
ali

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there