It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Countdown

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Shelley's Countdown

Postby shelbel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:09 am

Alright so im stopping in for a mid week rant/whinge. Im driving myself insane! The last few days for no real reason in particular i have felt like binging, not just a little chocolate bar, but i full on fest. I simply want to gorge myself till i feel sick. Now this would be ok, if it was a fleeting feeling, but its been about 2 days now. I havent been able to set foot in a supermarket in fear of doing something really silly, i had to send the boy down last night because i didnt trust myself! :roll: I cant seem to get it out of my head, im going nuts! :twisted: Ive tried distraction, water, and stern self talking, i even told myself yesturday that i would do it and get it over with but managed to talk myself out of it. Arrgghh i just want it to stop!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 am

OMG Shelly...I dont even know what to say except good on you for not giving in!!! I totally wanted to binge on devon last night, but hid it in the fridge instead and told Chris to hide his bad food from eye level. Good on your boy for going to the supermarket for you! Do you know why you want to binge? PMS? Are you craving something in particular?
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am

I agree Tam...well done Shelly for not giving in - I doubt I'd have been that strong!

My first though was the same - is it that lovely TOTM? Or even the weather? It was really warm here and now all of a sudden it's quite cool and I'm wanting to eat HEAPS more...?

Are you bored? Emotional?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby shelbel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks guys, i just felt like i was going insane, it cant be normal to be thinking about food THIS much!! :roll:

I seem to get my TTOM munchies really bad every 2 months, but i think the timing for it is a bit out, but oh well, i'll blame it anyway! It could be anything! Nothing of real significance has happened that i can link it to. Could actually be bored, work is really quiet and i have a feeling of restlessness in general lately. Actually i think that could be it, like im looking for something, ive always been a bit of a emotional eater.

Thank you guys, you have helped, sometimes i cant see the forrest thru the trees and talking about it helps! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with eating right now Shel.

Hun, we ALL go through this. Somedays we can fly through the day exercising and eating like angels and can make it seem like its a piece of cake (scuse the pun :lol: ) but other days it is the biggest struggle to make the right food choices and to hit the gym.

I think when this happens we have too look how far we've come. Eg, before you started to lose weight did you consciously know what you were putting into your mouth? Did you stop and think 'this is high in calories/fat etc, I don't need it but for some reason I want to eat it even though i'm not hungry and healthy foods are better?' perhaps not, but you are now and to me, thats a great sign and huge indicator that you're very serious about losing weight and changing the way you live for the better!

Unfortunately there is no magical cure to get yourself out of that proverbial hole when all you want to do is binge BUT with lots of support from here and constantly telling yourself that you can beat this thing and a few ideas from everyone we will pull you out and you'll be back on track before you know it :D

I've mentioned the following ideas in a few threads before but incase you haven't seen them i'll put them here as well.

1. when you want bad foods MAKE yourself exercises. Even if you say to yourself that you will be going for a walk RIGHT NOW and if after that walk you want your chocolate or whatever it is then you can have it. Chances are you will get back from the walk with a clearer head and won't want to eat the choc but if you do you've just burnt some of those calories off.

2. When craving drink a cup of lemon or lime tea. Boiling water with some cold water in it and either a fresh slice of lemon or lime or even easier a big squirt of the 99% lemon or lime juice from the supermarket. It helps to make me feel full and the sweet/sour flavour takes cravings away AND especially the lemon juice is great for flushing your body out.

You can do this, its just one of those hurdles to jump over and a rough patch to get through.

You're doing SO great, don't forget what you HAVE achieved (((HUGS)))
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby shelbel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Hey thanks heaps Fiona!! :D

Normally i can do those sorts of things or distract myself from a regular food craving, but im a little lost when it comes to one that lasts 2 days!! :shock: I really do think im coming out of it now, talking it out does help, although i still feel like im crazy and obsessed! Maybe i need to have a freddo or something, but im scared i wont be able to stop at one!

I just gotta keep asking myself whats more important, eating a stupid amount of junk food and feeling sick, worthless and out of control after, or losing weight this week? That food will always be there, but i dont want the weight to be!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:46 am

Hey Shell Hun,

I want to share something with you that I was told by someone when I have moments like yours and trust me its a constant battle with me.

I'm running late and must get out for my run and training session but will log on at work and complete this post.

Hang in their chickie

Mwah :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm

Okie I'm back with the advice I was given which I want to share with you hun re emotional eating.

HELP FIGHT EMOTIONAL EATING WITH THE FOUR D'S
1- Distract
2 - Drink water
3 - Deep Breath
4 - Delay

I'm constantly having to remind myself that emotional hunger (the emotional baggage I want to vanish with food) originates because I don't want to face and deal with whatever problem I am running from. When it strikes the hunger appears suddenly and my tummy is rumbling and nothing but binging on crap will make it go away.

True hunger (for physiological purposes not emotional purposes) takes hours to build up.

So when you want to scoff everything in sight, apply to four D's and most importantly take 5 minutes out to analyse what's led up to this desire to binge. Remember it doesn't have to be a sudden emotional breakdown for you to want to binge at a particular time, it can be baggage from days, weeks, months or (like in my case) things that happened years ago that strike a need to binge.

I know when this happens to me its because I've bottled things up, and there is so much pressure building that it needs to burst. So when something happens, a fight with the boy, a crap day at work whatever may bring on a emotional binge write it down. It helps so much. Since I've started this life changing journey I've filled two journals up (hahaha yep I'm that messed up :P ) and I read over my entries when I want to use food for medicinal purposes.

I can now identify potentially dangerous triggers that will set me off to the dark side and by confronting those emotions head on instead of eating them away I've come one step closer at winning the battle.

Other times, it might be nothing more than our womanly hormones going crazy. That's why I call it the "crazies" because I want to devour everything in sight and I go just a little bit crazy if I don't get me that chocolate :lol: :x :P . At times like this give your self permission to have a fun size or single serve of chocolate (I never buy family block as it will be gone in 5minutes :twisted: ) and enjoy it, savour it and least of all don't feel guilty about it.

Hope this helps you some chickie.

Hahaha I didn't mean to go off and give a long winded lecture :roll:

Did you manage to fight it?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby shelbel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Bella your so beautiful! Thank you for writing all that out for me, ive printed it out and out it in my food diary! :D It all made so much sense to me and ive read it a few times and was nodding my head all the way through!

From talking about it on here, ive come to realise what it is that has caused the urge to binge, for me when it happens its normally an instant thing, like a shock, boredom or stress that causes it, but because this thing is something thats built up over time, and something that seems to be out of my control at the moment, i never felt the instant need to binge, its built up until its become an obsession.

I havent fared well in controlling it, but much better then i would have this time last year! I have over done it this week by small amounts each day and last night i did have some take out, but ive decided im not going to worry about it, it could have been alot worse!! There is always next week to get back on track. :D And i dont want to feel guilty over it!

I wont be weighing in tomorrow because we're going camping, its a long weekend here and we're going to Lane Poole reserve down south. Im very much looking forward to a few days of R & R. At least there i can only eat what we take and will be away from the temptation of the supermarket :lol: Plus we plan on doing some kayaking and bush walking, so some exercise there at least!

I hope you beautiful people all have a great weekend!!! X X X :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:23 pm

Well done Shelbel!

I think the most important things that came out of your last post is that you won't feel guilty about it and you'll make up for it. For me, these are 2 things that have taken AGES to learn...and they are powerful lessons! If I felt guilty and had fallen off the wagon, I'd fall off indefinately and go the whole hog! Now, I won't feel guilty about having my favourite food, but go for a walk or the gym to make up for it.

It all makes for a healthy new lifestyle!!!

Have a lovely long weekend (lucky things!).

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Long weekend?! Now that is just not fair!! Why do you guys get one and we don't!? :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:
zeedeveelgirl

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:56 pm

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Long weekend?! Now that is just not fair!! Why do you guys get one and we don't!? :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:

We get one next Monday.....and they don't! hahaha!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Well done Shelley - and have a wonderful long weekend :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks everyone! Well what a weekend we had! Was good fun and a beautiful location right by the river at Dwellinup. I got stung by a wasp though, it hurt! :x

So as to be expected i ate too much and drank WAY too much but all in good fun and i know it ends now and i have to get back on track. Didnt exercise as much as i hoped too, the people we were with are not exactly active people and just wanted to sit around drinking and eating chips! :roll: Well i had to participate in that activity! :lol:

Ok, i'll be off to catch up on everyones posts and im not weighing in till sat, hopefully i can repair some of the damage by then!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 am

Wow, Shel, sounds like you had a great weekend! I am jealous :mrgreen: Well done for beating off that craving as well, that's really impressive, I would have given in after day 1 :D
SarahC

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there