It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Countdown

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shelbel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm

I thought about getting a wrap dress, but its suppose to be raining and cold on sat! Boo Hiss! Im gonna get off work early and go attack the shops, this will be a mission as im not very fashionable, nor do i really care about it! And its hard to find things i like AND fit, AND suit me, AND dont cost the earth! Yes im rather picky :D

I will be buying a new belt too, as my old ones dont fit me either!! Arrgghh, it sure is bitter sweet Jody, i love that im getting thinner, but i hate that i have no clothes! Even my work uniforms are starting to be a problem, they look more like pj's as they just hang off me, but no point in ordering more as by the time they come, they wont fit either.

Oh yeah Sarah i know what you mean about wearing clothes too big, ive been doing for a while now, it probably actually makes me look even bigger because my clothes dont fit right.

Thanks chickies! I'll be back to let you all know how i go as im sure your waiting with baited breath heehee I'll either be elated or depressed LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Hey Shel - I feel your pain, hun! I gave away all the clothes that no longer fited and was left with a wardrobe of clothes that didn't fit yet and I didnt want to spend money on a new wardrobe when I wasn't at goal weight... so I went to an op shop and found some great stuff, really cheap. So when I get to my goal weight, I won't feel bad about recycling all my latest gear. Sometimes I walk around my loungeroom, doing a fashion parade for my husband and I cite where I got the clothes (Brotherhood of St Lawrence, hand me down from my sister etc.) and we work out that my bra is the most expensive thing I'm wearing x5 and second to that is my undies, hahaha :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:29 pm

Sandra you crack me up! I can just see you doing that! :lol: The fashion parade that is. Op shop is a great idea, but i dont have the patience at the moment, i can barely stand going into some shops these days as it is, like cotton on, i went in there today and the music was thumping some dance crap and really loud, i couldnt take it and fled! :twisted:

Mission was a complete success! Hooray! I only brought 2 tops, and some shoes, and a bag! :D But good news is i tried on some jeans, size 12, and they fit perfectly!! Now i know how misleading sizes are cos i could walk into the shop next door and have no chance of fitting into a 12, but hey, it made me feel good, so i just wont think about that! And the tops i brought were 10 & 12, again i have no faith in sizing, but still! I was amazed at the difference when i walked into the change room wearing a really baggy top, then trying on something that actually fit me well. I could see my waist, and could tell the difference in my weightloss. So yay, im feeling good! :D :D :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby Chelle » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:07 am

I dont get clothes sizes either some time's but when it makes you feel good when it's a smaller size to what you normally that's a bonus!!
Chelle

Postby milkyway » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:12 am

Yay for size 12 jeans Shel :D :D :D
What a buzz!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby lng86 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:41 am

Ok... I just found your page!

I thought you'd disappeared... All of these different areas everywhere!!!

How are you?!?!

Glad you had success shopping! You're doing a fantastic job! Keep up the GREAT work! Almost there, my friend.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Mandie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:46 am

Way to go Shel!!! It makes a big difference when you get some clothes that actually fit - you can see what changes you've made!! :)
Mandie

Postby shelbel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:15 pm

Last Week 72.4
This Week 71.6

Loss 800g

Yay, im happy with this, i did everything by the book this last week, eating within my points each day and i managed to exercise 4 times this week, which is pretty good as ive been putting in some longer hours at work covering holidays. So yeah, ive had a good week, more so after my shopping trip! Its funny that just this week im starting to feel like im getting somewhere with my weightloss, when ppl have told me in the past that im looking good and have lost weight, i kinda shrugged it off because i didnt FEEL like i had, but just this week its starting to become more noticable to me.

So ive got 3 weeks to kick 1.7 kgs, im worried because im going to an engagement party tonite and i already know she has brought 2kgs of M&M's :shock: M&M's are one of my biggest weaknesses so i'll make no promises or pledges here! Plus the booze factor too! Then tomorrow is lunch with the lovely ladies on the forum, so who knows what that will bring! :wink: I 'll just pick it up on monday and try my best for the rest of the week.

Have a great weekend folks!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:30 pm

Yaaay well done on the loss :D I'm glad you feel like you're getting somewhere with it :D

2kg of M&Ms?! OUCH!! Good luck, do your best to resist but at the same time don't deprive yourself cos you'll just want more :) :)

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby lng86 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:24 pm

You will have a lot of fun tonight!!!

Congratulations on such a fabulous loss. You're doing a great job!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:54 pm

Oh Shel hun, you are doing awesome girlie. Congratulations in fitting into size 12 jeans and 10 tops, you must have had such a huge smile walking out the store. And it cemented it in that you have done an incredible job - a loss of 15kgs that is awesome babe.

M&Ms are my falling too. Yikes, maybe you could take a fruit and vegetable platter with some diet dip? And leaves you plus all the other girlies not so bad for having a few treats.

Have a great time chickie.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Rustie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:02 pm

shelbel wrote:Im having clothes dramas!!!!

I have an engagement party to go to this weekend and i have nothing to wear! No not the girl thing where you have a whole wardrobe full of clothes but nothing to wear, but really actually nothing to wear!! Nothing fits! Ive pulled my cupboards apart and come up with: casual tops, a pair of very casual jeans, a pair of black pants and a dress, which i love/hate at the same time and have no clue why i ever brought it! Everything else is just too big now. I dont even have a jacket i can wear!! Im going to have to buy some clothes even though i really dont want to (Huh? WTF, did i really say that!) I kinda think its a waste to buy clothes till i get to goal, but i dont have a choice now! Oh the drama! :lol:

Id be more than happy to take the big stuff off you !!
You have a lovely sense of style and i hate shopping...lol

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby shelbel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:36 pm

LOL I'll go through the cupboards on the weekend and have a clean out, i dont know why i even keep clothes i dont like, havent ever worn or dont fit! I think i like hoarding things! :roll:

There is some really big stuff in there, i dont know if much would fit you tho, but it cant hurt to check! Might a few bits in there and charity can have the rest!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Shel, I'm the same, I hoard so many clothes. I hate to get rid of anything especially if I've spent so much money on a particular item.

You should keep 1 item of clothing when you were at your heaviest and keep it as motivation for not going back, and so you can compare. Like a pair of pants or something. That's what I'm planning on doing.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Rustie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:53 pm

shelbel wrote:LOL I'll go through the cupboards on the weekend and have a clean out, i dont know why i even keep clothes i dont like, havent ever worn or dont fit! I think i like hoarding things! :roll:

There is some really big stuff in there, i dont know if much would fit you tho, but it cant hurt to check! Might a few bits in there and charity can have the rest!

Yeh cant hurt..:)

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there